Personally I prefer the colour method, I attribute ASC or DSC depending on the colours. So far this method proved to be most reliable.
However, if there is only one match it is pretty reliable to place the home team or favourite on ASC. The chart must be radical (agreement between ASC and the lord of hour, preferably also with the day's ), otherwise it is pretty unreliable.

If there are many played at the same time in a relatively narrow location, attributing of ASC or DSC to the teams loses sense. Because it is hardly ever the case when all home or teams or away teams win or lose. Then I attribute significators to the teams only based on the colours, for example, if Capricorn is rising, it is not only a matter of a battle between Saturn and Moon. If one plays in black, dark blue, gray or other smooth dark colours and other in white, it's no problem - the dark is Saturn, the white is Moon.

If there is, for example, pink and orange, one is Venus, the other - Sun.

Look always at the overall picture - if the charts are radical - we can expect the things taking their normal trace - majority of faves win. If nonradical, you can expect more surprises than on average.

Regarding MU - Spurs, the chart is radical - Taurus rising with Venus as the lady of hour. However, the hour soon changes to Mercury still retaining the chart radical. According to the colour method MU, playing in red, is DSC. Spurs, playing in light blue (see away kit for 2010/2011), are Venus.
Venus, L1 and hour, is combust, though angular but about to set. Mars is her dispositor. I noticed whenever you have a significator of a team the dispositor of the lord of hour, that team wins.
However, you must be carefull when the lady of hour is combust and retrograde. I have noticed that a bad position of the lord of hour usually favours the underdog.

As we see from the statistics Tottenham has not beaten MU in Old Traford for 20 years. There have been 16 wins 3 draws.
I dare to think that the retrogradity of Venus, L1 and hour, suggests that the past is going to continue.

Regards
Janis Valkovskis

GB wrote:The idea of giving the Asc to the team that starts the conflict, the team that kicks-off is an interesting one that does not seem to have been tried.
It's certainly been discussed in the past. While logical, it's somewhat impractical for sports like football because it's quite likely you'll never know who kicks off. You would have to watch the game on TV or an online live stream (presuming you are able to access these) and not all games are televised anyway. Live radio and text commentaries won't necessarily report who kicks off. From a betting point of view it's a nuisance because you can't place a bet until after the game has started. However, for sports where the 'initiating' team is known in advance, it's fine.

Paul, the link you've given to the chart for the ManU game doesn't seem to work but from what you've said in your analysis, it would appear you are using a different chart. :-?

Re ManU/Spurs, giving the Asc to home team, L1 Venus partile conjunct Desc is a strong testimony for ManU but unfortunately Venus is in the degree of the nodes and I have noticed over the past few weeks that this indicates a loss. However, that's based on my alternative (colour) method, so not sure if it applies in the Asc/Desc, L1/L7 scenario.

An emplacement testimony usually conquers all but the nodal thing might mess it up. If pushed for a prediction, then I'd go for ManU but I'll be keeping my money in my pocket!

Using the alternative method, ManU would be Mars (red) and it will be interesting to see if the red teams generally do better now Mars is in Sag. On the whole they did not do well while Mars was in Scorpio and only managed to win when they were odds-on faves at home. Given that Mars is dignified in Scorpio, this was surprising and I thought of several possible explanations, one being that Mars doesn't work well in a cold, wet sign. Hot, dry Sag might be more conducive, we shall see....

Oops you're right Ficina! I used 5.30 am rather than 5.30 pm!!

Okay so..

Just going to continue using bonatti's method.
Man Utd are Scorpio Descendant and therefore Mars which is angular in its own house.
Spurs are Venus: combust, retrograde and in the house of their enemies. Venus gains no help from any other superior planets.

Quite clearly Mars, Man Utd are the winners. They have all the strength in this chart and even have a luminary in their house as well to help things along.

Eeek, the total opposite of what I said before! Thanks for pointing out the wrong time Ficina!

Yup! Does anyone know who won the coin toss though? Just wondering if it was the coin toss that was important or if it was the automatic assignation of the home team to the descendant?

Will try again for another game as soon as I find out when they are.

and i use the "sun rise" method to decide who is who.

if the city of the home team takes the sun light first i take H1 or the guest team's city takes it first i prefer H7.

just a suggestion:)
Last edited by tazekahve on Tue Nov 09, 2010 10:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hi from Istanbul:)

For example:

Inter vs Tottenham (20th Oct. 2010) at 20:45 in Milano

The sun goes up earlier in Milan then Tottenham. So H1 gets the HomeTeam. If the match was in London i would take H7 as HomeTeam..
Last edited by tazekahve on Tue Nov 09, 2010 10:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

I tried to formulate the ruler hour connection with the match results..

But could not..

Then i began to think that may be today's Sunday is not at the exact place where ancients' Sunday. It may be shifted 1 or 2 days.. May be the ruler hour table needs to be restructured..

Just brain storming;)