Mystery Horoscope

This is my first time doing a ?Mystery Horoscope?. I am eager to find out what sort of estimates the wise astrologers out there would be willing to make. I will provide a complete answer along with links and quotes in a week or two.

I could not figure out how to post a chart on here, even after following the directions kindly provided in "How To Insert A Chart" so I am providing the link to my blog below. You can click on the chart to enlarge the image.

http://slushpileastrology.blogspot.com/ ... scope.html

The birth time for this individual is unknown. I placed it very early in the morning based on the position of the Vedic Moon. Although the Vedic Moon was in Revati almost all day on August 20, 1970, it was in the earlier asterism of Uttara Bhadrapada during the first hour of the day. While Uttara Bhadrapada and Revati do share some similarities, this person seems so much more like Uttara Bhadrapada from his self-description that I went with an early morning horoscope. The ruling Sun conjunct a fiery Mars in the 3rd house does provide an accurate hint to his profession(s).

Here are the questions:

1. At first glance, this seems like a lousy chart. There are numerous harsh, dominant aspects. While there are three ruling planets in the western horoscope, there are three fallen planets in the Vedic natal rasi, and the astrologer is kidding him or herself who thinks this doesn?t have to be accounted for. I wouldn?t have predicted a great life for this kid based on this life wheel, but he turned out to be the most well-known person in my Maryland high school graduating class of some 460 people. Any ideas why, and what he might be known for?

2. In his western horoscope, the Sun, Mercury, and Venus are all in ruling signs. For those who use the Sabian symbols to develop a profile, what do you make of a Sun on 26 Leo, ?After a Heavy Storm, A Rainbow Appears,? a Mercury on 23 Virgo, ?A Lion Tamer Rushes Fearlessly Into the Circus Arena?, and a Venus on 12 Libra, ?Miners are Emerging From a Deep Coal Mine??

3. For those who use fixed stars, what impact do you think that Alphard (27 Leo 08) conjunct the native?s Sun within in a ? degree orb had on this person?s destiny?
All I know is that if my birth chart was a horary, the answer would be "No".

My Blog: http://slushpileastrology.blogspot.com/

People are probably unwilling to reply because the "mystery horoscope" has no time of birth and it would be a pointless exercise doing delineations of an incorrect natal chart. 2 things of note though for the noon chart:
1. 1st ruler in 10th.
2. Ruler of lot of fortune (Scorpio/5th) culminating from the lot (Mars/Leo).
Both favour fame. I'm not going to go beyond that because the time is unknown.

Is he a military man?

Hmm, wise astro folks? Where are you?
Such impatience! :shock:

It's because we are wise (We normally like to leave it unsaid, however). As has already been pointed out, it's the unknown birth time. Looking at the chart of an unknown person with an unknown birth time makes for an odd way to pass time. :-?

...so if you wise ones don't think outside the astro box a little and at least attempt it, I'm not gonna bother writing up the answer. You will miss a profile of someone cool AND a good astro exercize. Be glad that I'm not making you sit out recess in the universe, too.
Your taking this far too personally. People post if they have the time and inclination. Generally people are very generous here on Skyscript. However, your response sounds quite petulant. Blackmail is generally not a good tactic to get you lots of responses here. :lol: This is meant to be fun right? None of us can control a thread we create. Some ignite great interest and others languish unwanted and alone. Its a bit like life really. :wink:. My advice is relax and just go with the flow wherever it leads.

As has been pointed out already people much prefer timed charts for these kind of Mystery charts. It allows far more detailed delineation. I think that is why you are not getting much response. Its not an issue of the astrological talent here on skyscript but rather a judgement on your choice of chart.

Mark
As thou conversest with the heavens, so instruct and inform thy minde according to the image of Divinity William Lilly

But Mark, I wasn't being petulant. I was being funny. I picked this profile to prove one can figure out a lot about the "talent" from the aspects alone, and from non-conventional techniques like the Vedic moon and the Sabian symbols. At any rate, no one was interested, so I'll take my toys and wait until next time...
All I know is that if my birth chart was a horary, the answer would be "No".

My Blog: http://slushpileastrology.blogspot.com/

I picked this profile to prove one can figure out a lot about the "talent" from the aspects alone, and from non-conventional techniques like the Vedic moon and the Sabian symbols.
Of course one can do that, when one already KNOWS the answer...and you're mixing up astrology with tarot card readings and/or looking into crystal ball, as it can be surmised from your comments.

"Sabian symbols" lend themselves to any kind of interpretation, i.e. you can always twist and turn their "meanings" so they fit into the delineation you desire to see confirmed. Hence, there isn't any astro-logical reason to use them at all...

This also shows you haven't got much experience in sound astrology, otherwise you'd be well aware that certain planetary connection, aspects, positions can manifest in a big variety of ways, especially when the time of birth is unknown.

No serious practitioner of sound astrology would even bother to try to say something about the chart which lacks it's fundamental constituent, i.e. ascending degree.

Greetings,
Goran

But Mark, I wasn't being petulant. I was being funny.
:)

:D

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I know how that goes. It doesn't work as planned and then everyone gets mad. Does the fault lie with us or them? :?

Goran wrote:
Of course one can do that, when one already KNOWS the answer...
The same criticism can be applied to a lot of discussions around here. Most astrologers love their hindsight analysis of charts.

...and you're mixing up astrology with tarot card readings and/or looking into crystal ball, as it can be surmised from your comments.
Tarot readings and crystal ball gazing (do people really do that?) can be easily and comfortably called divination. It appears that astrology is too, but a lot of astrologers don't seem to be comfortable with the idea.

"Sabian symbols" lend themselves to any kind of interpretation, i.e. you can always twist and turn their "meanings" so they fit into the delineation you desire to see confirmed. Hence, there isn't any astro-logical reason to use them at all...
There is plenty of twisting and turning in all of astrology ? necessary twisting and turning, otherwise one is applying factual and literal description. The Sabian symbols are too twistable for me, so I will leave them for others to play with.

This also shows you haven't got much experience in sound astrology, otherwise you'd be well aware that certain planetary connection, aspects, positions can manifest in a big variety of ways, especially when the time of birth is unknown.

No serious practitioner of sound astrology would even bother to try to say something about the chart which lacks it's fundamental constituent, i.e. ascending degree.
I'm uneasy with this idea of ?sound? astrology. It sounds to me like heavy-handed astrology, astrology that plays by the rules and bows to authority. Interestingly, where there is a strong focus on such an astrology, humorous remarks and subtle play with words go unnoticed or are misunderstood (There is always, of course, the possibility that the remarks failed at being at all humorous and the subtle wordplay faded to nearly invisible). Sensible shoes astrology just doesn't have the time (or knack?) for such endeavors ? or with the idea of astrology as divination. Humor and wordplay ? perhaps flavored with a bit of cunning ? are just a hop, skip, and jump from divination, after all.

The idea of divination may point to what went wrong with this topic: There was nothing to engage us, to provoke an interest in the person and the chart. We just didn't know enough or care enough about the person in order for us to connect with the great-storehouse-of-ideas-in-the-sky. There was no personal engagement or connection ? and that's the most important factor. Amazing things have been done with just a few chart elements and even with wrong birth times. Yet, if we had been given a birth time would that have been sufficient to start the flow of fresh and uniquely fitting ideas? Or would we to a large extent merely have been working within our comfort zone and have been pulling standard ?sound? ideas out of a tool bag, at ease in the belief that we had arrived at the destination of 'accuracy'?