Turning a chart or not ?

I had this question posed: Should my wife buy an apartment building (as an income-producing investment)?

Both husband and wife are real-estate agents, husband is in commercial real-estate and come across opportunities, but would like the wife to be the owner of purchased properties.

August 26, 2004 Newport Beach California USA 117w56 33n37 1:42am

My main question is whether to use the 4th house as significator of real-estate of the querent, or the 4th house from the 7th for real-estate of the wife. I did re-read Deb's notes a few more time regarding chart turning.

Asc is 3:52, barely past too early to tell, but I proceeded anyhow.

It's interesting that the Moon representing the querent is in the 7th house, and Saturn representing the wife is in the 1st house. I take this as a good sign they can go in together.

I see nothing significant with Mercury, ruler of the 4th. When I use the 4th house from the 7th, then I have Jupiter, and he's the 4th house of real-estate, and the Moon is coming up to a trine with Jupiter (the answer is yes?). Jupiter is in an angular house for good price, too.

Jupiter is just past a sextile with Saturn also, and I wonder about the timing here, thinking about what Mark wrote in a recent post about separating aspects, although the Moon while coming up to the trine with Jupiter also forms an opposition to Saturn (more costly than could be?).

I'm trying to be brief, so will skip the rest, and focus on my original question, would appreciate your comments. Thanks.

I don?t see any need to turn this chart. I would take the husband as including the wife in his signification ? this is usually what happens anyway whenever a married person asks ?should we ?? So I?d take the 1st house as the interested buyers, the 7th for the sellers and the 4th house for the property itself.

It looks doubtful to me. The Moon (the buyer) is in the 7th house and disposed by Saturn, suggesting too much dominance upon the seller?s terms. The applying opposition between the Moon and Saturn suggests difficulty in making an agreement; and there seems to be issues with the property or deeds and contracts relating to it, because Mercury is combust (I count out of sign combustion), retrograde and opposing the Part of Fortune,; and the Sun which rules the 3rd house is conjunct Mars and a retrograde Mercury, whilst in the 3rd, and about to oppose Uranus.

As an income-producing-investment, the 2nd house ruler in detriment and applying to the opposition of Saturn is also a cause for caution.

I would have thought that since he specifically said that it is his wife who will own the property and not him, you would give the wife the 7th and then the 4th from the 7th as the property. He asked the question but he will not be partaking in the purchase of the property. They might be married but they can still have seperate financial arrangements. The question was 'Should my wife buy an apartment building?' not 'Should we buy an apartment building?'

Sorry, I thought the question was "should my wife and I....?"

Thanks for correcting me Sue. Now that the chart is up hopefully you'll get some more opinions.

[Just ignore what I said :, ]

Sorry, I didn't mean it as a correction. I just thought you were looking at it from a different angle and wanted to clarify it.

Having said all of that, if we do turn the chart and give the wife the 7th (which becomes her 1st) and then the real estate becomes the 10th (her 4th) that would seem to mean that the sellers become the turned 7th, which is the radical 1st. So how does that fit in with the querent (the husband) having that significator or is he removed from the turned chart?

If he's removed from the question then he's removed from the judgement. But this point needs clarification with the querent. If I were to ask about the propsects of an investment my husband was planning, he might be going through the mechanics of it but I would still see it as 'our investment' based on the fact that what's his is mine and being married to me means he's never truly separated from me (poor thing), most especially in any decisions he makes concerning our assets.

Either way, the opposition between the 1st and 7th rulers shows division of interests.

Thanks Deb and Sue.

The husband does most of the work since he's in commercial real-estate, looking for the right opportunity and calculating the financials, etc. Only the wife is officially on the deed of their house which they will use to borrow some money for the deposit, the wife will also take out the additional bank loan, and the purchase property will have her as the sole owner.

So on paper, she's the owner, but in practice it's a join project. That's why I was not sure about turning the chart. California has community property laws so what is hers is also his. In this case I think I would go with Deb, since the issue with the wife's name on paper seem a minor technicality.