Amateur sensation in Norwegian Cup

All time Bomb in Norwegian Cup

On the same day as Liverpool and Chelsea getting sent flying out of the British Carling Cup to the benefit and delight of Northampton and Newcastle supporters, the amateur team of Follo caused a sensation in the semi-final of the Norwegian Cup as they beat Rosenborg 3-2 after extra play. All this happened while the Sun was opposite the Jupiter/Uranus allignment.
Photo: Aftenposten

The Norwegian football president, Yngve Hallen, is getting rather sweat over the idea that if Follo win the Cup final in November they will be representing Norway in Europe next season. While Rosenborg remain undefeated in the Norwegian Elite League this year, Follo are trailing at bottom in the 1st division and are doomed to the 2nd division next year.

Follo-Rosenborg started at 16.00 CEST, 22. September, Ski Stadium 59N45, 10E50E.
Asc 24SG58 MC 14SC37 Moon 20PI39 POF 6GE08. Day Mercury, Hour Moon. The Moon is in the same sign as Jupiter, L1, but Jupiter is destroyed by the opposition to the Sun and conjunct Uranus.

With some personal pride I add that Follo is the team I used to work out with and represent at national events as a middle distance runner and in relays in my younger days. The semi-final was held at the Follo home ground at Ski stadium, which brings back a memory or two, and has no supporter capacity what so ever. The football association put a limit to about 2500 people for the semi-final. I believe there are pubs in Britain that will take more people than that.

While frustrated Rosenborg commentators suggested their players should give their wages to charity, Rosenborg trainer Nils Arne Eggen said it goes to show that everything is possible in football. Personally I think that while it might just have been 'another day on the job' for Rosenborg, the Follo players gave 160% and were willing to die for their club out there on the pitch. Yet they never really believed it was possible. However, with the extra thrust and a motivation like this, the miracle do become the possible.

Follo Captain Petersen says that he didn't understand a thing when the final whistle was blown. Rosenborg crown the top of Norwegian football divisions, while Follo is in position 31. The Cup final will be played at Ulleval Stadium in Oslo on 14. November.

I might mention that the allignment between Jupiter and Uranus is in fact a rare triple conjunction. In triple conjunctions it is the 2nd of the three conjunctions that has the highest meaning, and occurs upon the retrograde movement and close to the opposition of the Sun. This opposition to the Sun has a special name for it according to the Persians, but I fail to locate my notes on this subject this evening.

Source: Afteposten, Aftenposten, Aftenposten
Last edited by Andrew Bevan on Fri Nov 12, 2010 3:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.
http://www.astronor.com

Not only from football but also from astrological viewpoint it is a hard guess.
Although there is no agreement between the lord of ASC Jupiter and the lady of hour Moon, some radicility is established by the lady of hour being in the same sign as the lord of hour. It is usually a pretty reliable indicator that the fave should get.
However, it needs more testing I think that the lord of day favours the home team, irrespective of whether it is a favourite or underdog. The Lord of hour usually favours the favourite, except 1) he has no essential dignities on ASC or 2) the fave plays in colours which disagrees with the planet.
I have observed that the team, which wears the colours of the Lord of hour, demonstrates good football (even underdogs are doing fairly well, however, it is not always sufficient to win). For example, if it is the hour of Venus, it is worth backing teams playing in light blue or pink, of course, always check the the odds. It needs more testing but the tendency is such.

Every championship or cup, or even competion between two teams should be viewied not only from the actual proportion of strenght but also from the historical viewpoint. As we see from statistics, Rosenborg last time got the cup in 2003. Last season they were routed 5:0 in quaterfinals. One thing is to win the championship, but the other is to get the cup.
As I have already observed, the radicality of the chart not always support the bookies fave, but is suggestion that the result would be much in line with the tendency the teams used to play. In particular this is true, if the lord of ASC or the lord of hour is retrograde. Of course, it needs more testing but the reliability is rather high, above 50%. For instance, if the chart is radical and majority of previous games were played draw, there is a high probability that it would also be the case. If the bookies underdog has a better statistics against the bookies fave, the radicality of the chart is an indication that the game would be the underdog's. This I can prove with a number of examples. It turns out that the bookies underdog is the actual fave in this particular game.

Back to the chart. We see that the lord of ASC Jupiter is retrograde and below the horizon. It is a pretty telling indicator that the past is doomed to repeat. Last season Rosenborg was routed by the underdog Molde 0:5. I haven't searched for the statistics of Follo in the cup games but it does not matter now.

Mercury L7, which is also the lord of day and dispositor of POF, is direct, just recovered from retrogradity, in its own sign, but in the detriment of Jupiter, in the terms of Venus.

As seen from the pictures, Rosenburg is black (Saturn) and Follo is light pink (Venus). Apart from the term, Saturn has no dignities on ASC and by his nature he is the exact opposite of Jupiter. So, in addition to R Jupiter, Rosenburg is Saturn, but Follo is Mercury and Venus.
We see that Venus is Saturn's dispositor and she is the planet closest to MC. Saturn is controled by Venus.
As I said we can expect spectacular game from the team if their colours agrees with the lord of ASC. Light pink well agrees with the Moon in Pisces, in the sign of her exaltation. So the lady of hour puts Venus on pedestial. The same does Jupiter. With the lady of hour in the highest dignities of Venus, Follo playing in light pink had a chance and they took it. A planet being in its detriment seems not to harm at all. There is even a tendency that a planet in detriment fights better than in dignities. Obviously being in detriment musters the strenghts, and the team symbolised by that planet wants to prove that it is prematuraly to write it off as rank outsider.

You attribute the sensation to Jupiter R conjunct Uranus R and opposition to the Sun. May be it contributed some sensation, but I believe the chart is telling of itself, and the symbolism is obvious. Sun's opposition with R Uranus and Jupiter was already seperating, however, it may had some aftermarth impact.
I can confirm that on Wednesday there were a lot of surprises. Obviously because of the Sun's entering in autumnal equinox, in his detriment. Yes, teams playing in Sun's colours (yellow) were routed.

Good luck in your researches, Andrew, I will come forward with more observations immediately after tested. I am set to find a reliable algorythm how to read such charts.
Astrology works always, but unfortunately we are liable to many errors and poor judgement. With handsight it is always obvious how astrology proved its reliability. God does nothing which he would have not revelead to man, inter alia through astrological symbols, but man due to imperfection is unable to read correctly the signs.
:' :???: :)

I might mention that the allignment between Jupiter and Uranus is in fact a rare triple conjunction. In triple conjunctions it is the 2nd of the three conjunctions that has the highest meaning, and occurs upon the retrograde movement and close to the opposition of the Sun. This opposition to the Sun has a special name for it according to the Persians, but I fail to locate my notes on this subject this evening.
The word I was looking for was 'acronycal''. I haven't located the quote that attracted my attention when I first came across it - over 20 years ago, however, the term and definition appears in DeVore and Maternus. Basically, is refers to a planet that is in the degree (or within two degrees) [my insert] of the opposition to the Sun. Hence at nightfall, when the Sun is setting, the planet is rising. Concerning tripple-conjunctions between superiors (or outer planets), the highest of the conjunctions occur when the planets are retrograde, close to the opposition - and then the acronyctae, I believe, is a point of particular importance.

Follo will not be allowed to play in pink at the Norwegian Cup final on 14. November at Ulleval Stadium in Oslo. The Football Association's rules say they have to play in their propper colors, which is the light blue.
Pink colors had been used as a charity stunt for the Cancer cause but this will not be permitted during the Cup final. The Follo players are disappointed but have accepted the decision.

Source: Aftenposten

Legendary Svein Mathisen "Matta", who reigned in the 70's and is himself fighting against cancer, criticizes the Norwegian Football Association (NFF) for not permitting Follo to play in Pink in the Cup final. He says that the NFF has misinterpreted their own rules. '- This is about a team that wants to do something for a good cause, he says.'

Follo goal-keeper Glen Arne Hansen applauds the support. '- Concerning the question of identity (!) Follo FK is in a unique situation. It is a young club founded in the year 2000. Today we are known as the 'Pink Boys' that beat Rosenborg in the semi's and that is something we are proud of. We are building an identity for the club round the colour and the cancer cause,' Hansen says. 'We will be selling pink ribbons for the cancer cause during all arrangements in association with the Cup final and will also make space for a pink ribbon on our team outfit.'

Link: Dagbladet

What a commotion!

The boys from Follo were well on their way down to the 2nd division when they sensationally beat Rosenborg in the semi-final of the Norwegian Cup. Then strong results in the final rounds of the league saved the season for the boys in pink - and they qualified for a new season in the 1st division. However, the Follo-board failed to pay their license on time - and due to this the club is bound for the 2nd division all the same.

The Football Association would not allow Follo to play in their pink gear at the Cup-final. And even if they win the Cup-final they have, due to the license-failure, lost the opportunity to Norway in the European Cupwinners Cup next year. As a result of the embarressment the club has decided that their board will not be sitting the Royal Grandstand with the King during the Cup final.

It was thought that Aalesund FK would be representing Norway in Europe instead of Follo, but after reading the rules thoroughly the Football Associationa has decided that Str?msgodset will be awarded a place in the European League either as Cupwinner or runners up. :-?

Source: Aftenposten

NORWEGIAN CUP FINAL

Follo - Str?msgodset, Nov. 14, 13.15 CST, Oslo.

Both teams are fairly local to Oslo. Follo is an old district name for a gathering of communities just South East of Oslo, while Drammen is a 30 minute drive in the direction South West.
The game is played on the day of the Sun and in the hour of Venus. Venus rules the ascendant by triplicity and the chart is radical. Together with Mercury L4, who is culminating, this could indicate a draw after the first 90 minutes. However, Jupiter, Lord of the MC is sextile the Ascendant, trine the descendant. Jupiter is exaltated in the Cancer descendant (the underdogs?). I am too biased. I'd just like to see Follo get something out of it! :D

Follo - St?msgodset 0 -2

Congratulations Str?msgodset in an exciting match where everyone was proud at the end of the day. The Follo goal keeper, Hansen, was the only player that got to play in the pink team suit, however, the Mayor Georg Stub wore a pink suit to celebrate the colors of his team.
Hundreds of Follo-supporters had met up wearing either pink wigs or pink pom-poms. As I mentioned earlier in this thread, the pink team suits were used as a gimmic to promote the fight against cancer cause.
Another special feature was (female) Marte S?r? who was a member of the referee squad and acted as linesman for the Men's Cup Final.