Heating Oil Price

Hi

I was wondering about the price of heating oil as it is the time of year when we feel the chill and pop outside and check the level on the oil tank. It occurred to me to ask a horary on the price of it going up or down. My question was "will the price of my heating oil go up or down in the near future". As usual I dipped into Deb's book and she says 4th house for oil but my question is about MY heating oil so is it a 2nd house question (my money) or 4th (the oil) or both. Could someone comment please.

Dolly

Hi Dolly,
It is all about money, isnt it? So I think I would look at your and their money, the 2nd and the 8th. What are the aspects of the Moon and which significator is stronger, yours or theirs? How are the benefics and malefics placed? That should give you a clue, I think.
regards,
Tienka
www.astrologiepraktijk.nl

I think that it is less a case of YOUR oil, as opposed to the cost of oil generally. After all it's only your oil after you've bought it, if you're looking to buy oil, then it's not yet YOUR oil.

I would think that the fourth house is the natural significator for oil, that being the case, perhaps the fifth house shows the cost of oil as it is the second from the fifth.

It is likely that the chart will be informing you somehow anyway. But my first bet would be to look at Lord 5.

[edit]

Actually just thinking that this is probably similar in its approach to the cost of a house as a house is also 4th house. In costing a house do you use just the 4th house, or do you use the 5th as second from the fourth? It's probably the same or similar logic.

Actually just thinking that this is probably similar in its approach to the cost of a house as a house is also 4th house. In costing a house do you use just the 4th house, or do you use the 5th as second from the fourth? It's probably the same or similar logic.
The 10th is the price of a house, according to Lilly. Deb lists "price of transactions" as 10th here too:
http://www.skyscript.co.uk/temples/index_list.html

I'd try 10th to see the price. Retro-ing might show a drop, for example.

I am not sure where the 2nd from the house asked about comes from relating to price, is it Frawley? The succeedent house supposedly benefits the previous house, right? But that doesn't mean all turned 2nd rulers do that? For example, the 11th are friends and groups that benefit the 10th (your vocation), so they are a resource for the 10th.

Deb says it better here:
http://www.skyscript.co.uk/temples/h2.html
Succeedent houses generally show the resources and support given to the preceding angle, ie., the 5th will show the financial status and assistants of the father, the 8th will show the wealth of the partner and the enemy's resources and supporters, and the 11th will show the friends and supporters of whoever is in power and the profit to be made from the business.
I know I've heard that 11th is salary of a job (2nd from the 10th), but profit and income is always 2nd (also PoF and benefics maybe relating to finances) so that just doesn't make a lot of sense to me.

I think this oil pricing idea would end up being just like any other financial question, such as the stock market questions we've seen here and there. It's all about investing your money wisely. Deb addressed one of Dolly's stock questions here:

http://skyscript.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=4610

I don't really use horary for financial questions, so I'm probably not much help. I am also not sure if the question asked is going to be very helpful if you can't do anything to fix the problem, unless maybe you're expecting to buy oil before the price goes up or after it goes down, etc.?

My understanding is that when selling your property, the tenth shows the likely potential for profit (?). I think Deb stated that in some property horary on this forum, not sure though.

Not sure if that's relevant in this horary or not, I guess if Dolly was selling oil it would make more sense, but in this case she's buying it and wanting to know the price of it.

Actually maybe it's just a straightforward 2nd and 8th matter?

As for the fifth, I might be just confusing the whole issue in my own head, I'm not sure if Frawley says it or not or why I have it in my head in the first place. Will check his book later when I can. I think I was thinking along the lines that the 5th shows the wealth of the 4th house significators, like the 5th might show the wealth of the father or something like that. So the value of the oil, in this logic, might be the 5th, however it's probable that it's actual value would not be its cost?

My understanding is that when selling your property, the tenth shows the likely potential for profit (?). I think Deb stated that in some property horary on this forum, not sure though.
Whether you're buying or selling something, the same sorts of rules apply. If you were buying a house and wondered if the price will fall, you would still check the 10th.

Lilly's, CA Book II, Of Buying and Selling Lands, Houses, Farmes, &c.:
Give the 4th house, the Planet therein placed, and the Moon and the Lord of the 4th house to the House, Ground or Mannour to be bought or purchased.

Let the 10th house, a Planet or Planets posited therein, and Lord of that house signifie the Price, that is, Whether it will be sold cheap or deer.

[Cheap or Dear.]
This is knowne by the Lord of the 10th, for if he be Angular, Direct, and strong in essentiall Dignities, the price will be high, and the Seller will put it off at deare rates; but if the Lord of the 10th be cadent, retrograde, slow of motion, afflicted, then the price will not rise high.

I think the 10th house is involved in the description of profit to be made on a transaction but Dolly needs to establish the focus of her question. If the central issue is something like "will I be able to afford my heating bill this year" then Tienka's suggestion of the 2nd house emphasis makes a lot of sense. Also consider the natural expression of the chart - ie, whether the angles or Moon are fortunate, etc.

If Dolly is considering whether the price of oil will rise or fall nationally this year, that's a different issue. In that case I probably would see it as a 4th house commodity and use the 10th to help judge its price. According to Lilly oil is signified by Jupiter (CA p.354), so you could look at the condition of Jupiter in your chart too Dolly.

Regards
Deb

Hi Everyone

Wow thanks so much for taking the time to answer this question.
In my chart I have used the 2nd house and my conclusion is that it is going on a bit of roller coaster (Rx) ride over the next few months but will eventually rise in middle of October and then possibly dip in November and then keep climbing. I have gone on the dignity score - not sure if this is right though.
Him indoors could not wait for me to decipher chart so went ahead and ordered it and we got it last Friday. Coincidentally, whilst he was trying to get the best price I came up with a suggestion for a firm which beat all the rest and they got the sale.

Again thank you so much - I love this site.

Dolly

The chart details if you want to have a look at it

"Should I Buy my Oil Now or Later"
17 Sept 2010
13:40:334 BST - 1:00
Buckingham
52n 1W