Can assassinations be prevented? by Elsbeth Ebertin
translated by Jenn Zahrt PhD
A Guide to Interpreting The Great American Eclipse
by Wade Caves
The Astrology of Depression
by Judith Hill
Understanding the mean conjunctions of the Jupiter-Saturn cycle
by Benjamin Dykes
Understanding the zodiac: and why there really ARE 12 signs of the zodiac, not 13
by Deborah Houlding

Skyscript Astrology Forum

Will I have fun in my trip to Russia?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Clelia Romano

Posted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 6:03 pm    Post subject: Will I have fun in my trip to Russia? Reply with quote

Hi All!

I would like to share with you an interesting chart, and I am myself the querent.
I've always wished to know Russia, but it was kind of difficult, since people there hardly speak English not to mention Portuguese, and going alone was kind of a frightening adventure.

An opportunity arose, though, of going with the senior people of the club I´m part of. Everything very low key, Brazilian guides and a good price.
But when I decided to go it was left only ten days to the departure.
I called the agency and the girl confirmed that they still have place in the trip by boat, departing from Moscow to San Petersburg. The problem was the plane ticket.
Finally she figured out a way to include me in the same flight and with an amazing price.

I asked:
Will I have fun in Russia?
17/09/2010
20:57
SP
23S32
46W37
Ascendant 5 ° 46 'Taurus, Moon in 26 º 11' Capricorn
Hour : Venus.

The question is radical.
I am Venus in detriment and in an angular house, separating from Mars, but still in orb.
My interest seems to be in some kind of partnership( and this is true). Venus in an angle is able to produce things, but her essential condition destroy them after. However Venus is disposed by Mars, angular, in his own domicile, even if out of sect.
My other ruler is the Moon, Taurus´s exaltation ruler.
The Moon is in the 9th house, the journey´s house, and she is in detriment and cadent, but she is in hays or hairesis (above the sky in a nocturnal chart and in a feminine sign).
The POF is in the journey´s house and is ruled by Saturn exalted in 6th house. Will I get sick there? Maybe being in the 6th, a cadent house, turn out to be a good thing since Saturn will have less power to act. Besides that, he is exalted.and in good celestial condition..
But Saturn is the 10th house from the the Fortune ( urgh), which can indicate a hard, solid and solitary profession being constructed. ( Hey, what does this have to do with travels?)
May be I was worried with a book of traditional astrology I have to launch, I thought.
Mercury is exalted and domiciled in the fifth house, the house of fun. Mercury rules the 2nd: in fact the trip would not be expensive. I would have fun with my money. But the kind of fun Mercury represents is related to mental things, and the ASC need another kind of fun, since Venus is touchy and sensual, seeking pleasure. Weird….
In addition, Mercury has nothing to do with the Ninth and Third House.
The Moon is translating the light from the Sun to Jupiter. The Sun is in The 5th house, , Good Fortune, but Sun and Jupiter did not receive each other. So, the translation is not effective.
Conclusion: I cannot say it is a bad chart. I might even find a partner or a friend to have more relationship in the club when I come back, since Jupiter is the ruler of the 11th, and the Moon will apply to Jupiter.
But it neither seems to be a great chart in matters like " fun".
The Nodes are in houses 9 / 3. Perhaps the accommodations will not be good or comfortable, I thought, since the Moon is detrimental and in the 9th.
I can feel not confortable in the trip.
Well it is an interesting chart and I hope you will have time to discuss it!
best

Clelia
The alchemist

Posted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Clelia,

The universal significator of "fun" is Venus angular. Mercury, lord of 5th, is essentially very strong and in good aspect with Venus. Saturn, lord of 9th, is essentially dignified. In the sixth house, little misfortunes or mishaps might arise (maybe with "servants", i.e. the travel agency or the travel arrangements). Saturn also rules the elderly. The Moon will sextile Jupiter in the 11th.

I think you will have a good time, even though things might be a little different than you expected. Overall, I think the picture is good. Please keep us posted and enjoy yourself!
Clelia Romano

Posted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hello Alchimist:

Since we never exchanged messages, nice to meet you:-)

Quote:
The alchemist wrote:
Hi Clelia,

The universal significator of "fun" is Venus angular. Mercury, lord of 5th, is essentially very strong and in good aspect with Venus. Saturn, lord of 9th, is essentially dignified. In the sixth house, little misfortunes or mishaps might arise (maybe with "servants", i.e. the travel agency or the travel arrangements). Saturn also rules the elderly. The Moon will sextile Jupiter in the 11th.

I think you will have a good time, even though things might be a little different than you expected. Overall, I think the picture is good. Please keep us posted and enjoy yourself!

I really appreciated you answer:-) I have already an answer to the question.
But, I´ll wait a little more to post it: maybe other members would like to participate!

best regards

Clelia
Clelia Romano

Posted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Alchimist:

Since nobody else showed up, I´ll post the outcome of my question.

As a matter of fact, in the day I was paying off for the travel, one of the ckecks was not accepted. The check was of my son´s account ( Mercury in the 5th)
As I had the opportunity to see, it would take too much time to flight from Brasil to Russia, 16 hours plus the time to change planes in Paris, and the time to stay in Russia was not enought to compensate such a sacrifice: 10 days to visit the country by boat. The boat was very small, and I did not like it.
So, I felt relieved when my son´s check was not accept, believe or not!
I think that Moon´s situation in the chart was very problematic, in her detriment, ruled by a malefic. Venus was also ruled by Mars: a chart when the significators are ruled by maleficas is a good chart for war, not for fun;-))
Also, Mars opposing to the ASC was showing some kind of conflict.
The next aspect of the Moon sextiling Jupiter and the good condition of Mercury helped me to not going ahead in my original intention.

Best wishes

Clélia
Deb
Administrator

Posted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Clélia

Sorry to say I missed your post entirely, but thanks for sharing this with us.

Deb
The alchemist

Posted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Clelia,

thanks for the update. Obviously, one can see some problems with the trip in the chart, but the question now becomes: is the chart radical?
Clelia Romano

Posted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Alchimist and Deb:

No problems Deb, it happens:-) You always answer my posts, and I really don´t know how come you´re able to be present to everyone in a big forum as yours;-)

Alchimist, you said:

Quote:
thanks for the update. Obviously, one can see some problems with the trip in the chart, but the question now becomes: is the chart radical

That is my question and it is an important one. The ASC was Taurus and Venus was the hour ruler: an important fact in favor of radicality. Venus was in the 7th...mmm the 7th has not to do with the question; but the Moon was in the 9th, again in favor of radicality.
If I was Lilly, and for sure I´m NOT crying , I would say that the ASC, Taurus and the physical appearance of the native are not similar. But my own ASC is Libra, and again...we have radicality.

My doubt is: have we to accept a question like,for example: how many children will I have? -if we don´t know if the querent will find a partner or a boyfriend?

I was pretty sure that next morning I would pay for the trip and go to Russia.
Though, I would had gave up if the question outcome´s was negative.
So, to go or not to go was an open question and would have come first of all other questions.
I think the problem was that I put the car before the horses!

best wishes

Clélia
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Horary & Electional Astrology All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: