Transiting Pluto conjunct AS and square natal Sun

Hello!

My sister will have next year that aspect and I got a bit scared. I know that Pluto brings big changes and transformation but is it always related to death/birth?
Her Sun rules her 8th house (it's in her 3rd house) and as our mom was very sick this year we are scared about her health and now when I saw such "bad" aspects I wonder if it's really that bad...

I don't think that it's possible for anyone to predict such an event by looking at a Pluto transit only. If I were you, I would try not to think so much about it. Besides, the transit you' re describing doesn't really mean anything, plus I don't see your mom anywhere in the picture of the chart you're describing.

The alchemist, thanks for the answer!

I know that only by such aspects nothing can't be seen. I know that such aspects can mean also something really nice, like many people meet their love during transiting Pluto crossing the AS. And yes, your are right by talking about the Sun that's a male person so can't be the mother...

I will try not to think about that and as always try to look positively :D

For any "scary" transit, it is helpful to realize that hundreds of thousands of people are born with that transit, and probably they managed to come through life OK.

I had transiting Pluto square my sun a few years ago, and it was difficult but it actually triggered my interest in astrology; so in retrospect, I think it was positive. During this transit I realized that everything I thought myself (sun) to be was actually superficial, and I began to question deeply why I was on the planet. I still do not have an answer to that question, but the search has been extremely rewarding.

In modern astrology, the sun represents your core sense of self or identity. Pluto (the Roman god of death and the underworld) kills off anything metaphorically dead or dying in one's life; so the best use of this transit is just to help it along by taking charge of the non-functional aspects of one's life and eliminating them. Then there is space for new growth to occur.

People born with Pluto square sun are prone to power struggles: dominate or be dominated. Your sister may find that power struggles happen during this transit even if she doesn't want them. So this is a good time for her to stand up for herself against anyone who tries to bully her; yet without attempting to manipulate other people, as this could backfire on her.

She should emerge with a truer sense of her identity and sense of self.

Hi, we cannot say "what happen with Pluto transits" if we don't know hers chart. The astrology transits cookbooks are like plague in modern times, with all respect to some authors I personally like ;)
What happened in one chart, was not the true for another chart, because they were different. So, first check what Pluto is doing in her chart - where he is and aspects. Is he familiar to her or his energy is totally new? Who is strongest planet - the Sun, or Pluto? And what happened when she got any othet Pluto transits? As waybread said: "Then there is space for new growth to occur." but if somebody needs to explore new space, should left old places behind.
We don't know her age, this is very important for interpretation.
I hope everything will be OK :)

Regards, Mii

Thank you guys!

It's true that we can't just judge from only one aspect what's going to happen. My sister is 28 and soon she'll face the Saturn return - her 9th house is full of "bad" planets - Pluto, Saturn and Mars. And I don't know why but she feels most of the time only the negative transits, from the good ones -nothing. Her rising sign - Capricorn makes her very negative thinking and that's a big problem.

I hope nothing bad is going to happen!