Yes Yuzuru, I caught myself looking at the sky to see this very beautiful configuration as well.

What is interesting is that this corrupted Mars is about to enter Scorpio, and Venus was already in it's detriment. It may be a sign of a change of some sort.
Paulo Felipe Noronha

Back in the cloudy Netherlands, I haven't had the chance to see them.

Mars remains close. The last time I saw him with Venus was 1 September together with Spica. Note that the Mars-Venus conjunction is a two months during conjunction (within an orb of a handfull of degrees), lasting from August to beginning October.

It's interesting to compare this with the Spring 2009 Venus Mars conjunction. This one lasted three months with the two planets dancing around eachother in Aries and Taurus, the opposite areas of the actual positions.

Compare this with Venus and Mars' 1978 august, september, october positions, which was a 3 months conjuntion. The 32 year cycle is a rather rough one which becomes 'off' and hardly recognizable after 64 or 96 years. Have a look for example at Autumn 1946, still ok but 1914 isn't and same with 2042.

Yuzuru wrote:
Just a curiosity: two days ago I noticed the beaultiful waxing moon with venus, and as we all know this is one of the symbols of Islam. Of course this venus is together with corrupted mars. Interesting that just a few days ago a topic so ugly as burning books was again on the media
Thanks Yuzuru,

Such basic visual astrology is interesting. I tend to think Protestant Christianity is symbolized by Mars. (at least in its more evangelical form). So the American Protestant minister threatening to burn copies of the Koran is reflected well in the debilitated Venus/Mars conjunction. You have reminded me I have been planning to start a thread on the astrological significator for Reformed Christianity.

Mark
As thou conversest with the heavens, so instruct and inform thy minde according to the image of Divinity William Lilly

Compare this with Venus and Mars' 1978 august, september, october positions, which was a 3 months conjuntion. The 32 year cycle is a rather rough one which becomes 'off' and hardly recognizable after 64 or 96 years. Have a look for example at Autumn 1946, still ok but 1914 isn't and same with 2042.
Thanks Eddy,

Good to see you back on the forum.

Mark
As thou conversest with the heavens, so instruct and inform thy minde according to the image of Divinity William Lilly

It's interesting to compare this with the Spring 2009 Venus Mars conjunction. This one lasted three months with the two planets dancing around eachother in Aries and Taurus, the opposite areas of the actual positions.
If I remember correctly, just after that we had the influenza scare of H1N1. At that time venus and mars were dancing near the mouth of Cetus.

But don?t ask me how the symbolism of these two can be connected with influenza, I am just commenting one observation :-T
Meu blog de astrologia (em portugues) http://yuzuru.wordpress.com
My blog of astrology (in english) http://episthemologie.wordpress.com