Australian Federal Election 2010

I asked this Horary Friday 16 Jul 2010, 4:06:01 pm, AEST -10:00:00, Sydney, Aust, 151e13?00 33s52?00 - Regio, True Node, Asc 12CAP06; MC 26VI24; MO 25VI01; SUN 23CAN38.
Will the Labour Party retain power at the next election?

I asked this question the day before Julia Gillard asked the Governor General to dissolve Parliament and call an election so she was, strictly speaking still Leader and Labour were in government. But I knew the election was mooted for August some time.

Here?s what I found in CA444-6 on Of Government, Office, Dignity, Preferment, ? whether attainable or not?
Lilly says 1 ruler is the querent and 10 ruler signifies the Office or Preferment .
Here Saturn is 1 ruler and Mercury is 10 ruler. Saturn is at 29deg Virgo in the 10th, end of Sign describing the situation when I asked the question, Labour being at the end of their first term of government.

There is no aspect between Mercury and Saturn, although Lilly says if 1 ruler and 10 ruler aspect the Sun (ruling the Office) - Sun applies to 1 ruler here - it would seem to be wise if the querent ?uses friends? to help them gain Office of Government. This would be the Greens Party in this case. This is a positive if Labour and Julia Gillard can get some help.

If ?none are aspecting? 10 ruler Mercury - which neither Saturn or the Moon do here - Lilly says to see if 1 ruler is in the 10th - which is the case here - because ?he shall then attain what he desires ? if that planet is not impedited? - Saturn is in the 10th, already mentioned, and is not combust, Rx, or in its Detriment or Fall. Another positive.

Lilly mentions 10 ruler aspecting Jupiter or Venus ? to give a result that ?the Office comes easily?. That does not happen here.

Next, he says if 10 ruler Mercury receives 1 ruler Saturn OR if 10 ruler Mercury receives the Moon ?? by any reception, or in any house, the matter will be effected with much content and profit?. Here we have Mercury receiving Saturn by Sign, Exaltation and Face. Mercury also receives the Moon by Sign, Exaltation and Face - giving another positive testimony that Labour will win government.

Overall, it seems pretty clear that the Labour party will be returned to govern Australia, with their new leader, Julia Gillard.

[Post-question: She announced that the election would be on 21 August at 12:30 pm at a press conference in Canberra, on 17 July 2010. The results of the election should be fairly well known by about 9 or 10 pm on 21 Aug. Also, Greens have just announced that their preferences will be given to Labour and, no doubt, the Unions will also be ?friends? helping Labour.]

Love to hear your comments.
PS: I've tried but can't seem to insert the chart. Can someone help, please?? Sorry :( I've got it on my desktop ... right size 'n all ... saved as a gif and also a separate PDF doc. ... never done this before! Thanks.

Do you think that will change the outcome? At 12 deg Leo, Mercury is in Saturn?s Detriment, yes, so Saturn receives Mercury by Detriment but I don?t think this negative position (of The Job) would outweigh the other positives of Saturn getting the job.

Saturn is in Virgo which means, doesn?t it, that Saturn is in Mercury?s Sign, Exaltation and Face, hence my saying ?.. Mercury receiving Saturn by Sign, Exaltation and Face? ?? The Moon is also in Virgo and so the same would apply to her.

Some would say, too, 1 ruler Saturn is already in Libra and being in Libra means Saturn is in its Exaltation and Triplicity as well as Term here. It?s interesting to see that Saturn viewed as being in Libra here means it?s in the Sun?s Detriment - Sun also representing the position of govt. Mmm. Thanks for your comment.
Maggie.

Hi - An update on what?s happened re this horary -

Actual polling day for this Australian Federal election was 21 August. Vote counting and recounting and settling of the exact number of seats held by the two parties and the independents has meant a drawn out process because some Independent MPs elected suddenly found they held the power to consider & decide whether they?d throw their lot in with Labour - or not, so as to make a hung parliament work.

Yesterday , 7 September 2010 at 3:31 pm, the last of the independent MPs announced that he would use his vote to support a Labour govt to govern Australia and, because two other independent MPs and a new Greens MP had already declared their support for Labour, this means Labour is now able to form a government - holding 76 seats out of the 150.

Besides the Greens agreeing before the election to give their preferences to Labour in the vote count, a week or so ago the leader of the Greens Party also announced they would support a Labour government from their (new) position of majority power in the Senate.

This fact - of Greens support - is very important because, without the support of the Senate, no government even with a good majority in the lower House of Representatives can get anything done if the Senate blocks supply. They are obviously the ?friends? - cf Lilly mentioned above.

So, it?s the Greens who swing things with that Sun sextile Saturn and even though we didn?t know that 3 Independents would be elected to add to the mix, as things turned out it could be said they are ?friends? too.

Thus, Labour retains power with the help of ?friends?. ___________

Timing: This is pretty accurate if taken from the 6 deg sextile of Sun to Saturn - it's close - 6 and a bit weeks till the final decision was known from the date of the question - ie 16 Jul to 7 Sep.
Cheers,
Maggie.