Can assassinations be prevented? by Elsbeth Ebertin
translated by Jenn Zahrt PhD
A Guide to Interpreting The Great American Eclipse
by Wade Caves
The Astrology of Depression
by Judith Hill
Understanding the mean conjunctions of the Jupiter-Saturn cycle
by Benjamin Dykes
Understanding the zodiac: and why there really ARE 12 signs of the zodiac, not 13
by Deborah Houlding

Skyscript Astrology Forum

Proven horary discussion – A Missing Ring
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Carol

Posted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deb wrote:
Quote:
But what I find interesting is that the original horary has the Moon making its next aspect to the trine of Mars, and the discovery chart has the Moon elevated on the midheaven, in a partile square of Mars, which is near the ascendant. Uranus is on the ascendant in both charts. I find this very interesting – why Mars and Uranus? (Paul noted that it rules the house of inheritence and I can’t help wondering if this reflects some kind of ‘back-story’ to this chart, perhaps relating to the querent’s relationship with her mother-in-law ?).

When I first read this, I was somewhat bothered and bewildered because it seemed to me the Moon's trine to Mars, Uranus positions, etc. should all represent some actual ACTION involved in the loss and/or finding of the ring, rather than just the ring's history/background, but after some additional scrutiny and contemplation and taking Deb's statements a little further (I hope not too audaciously or erroneously!), I think the above may be the key to the whole horary, including the action, after all.

And I hesitate to even bring this up 'cause it feels kind of like the elephant in the room (horary), but it seems a part of the querent may have unconsciously wanted to "lose" the ring/inheritance (Moon/querent trine Mars/8th/inheritance in the 11th of hopes and wishes, and Mars itself just barely separating from a sextile to Uranus, which comes from the 12th of not only hidden things but the unconscious.) But the clincher seems to be that when the ring turns up, the Moon then makes a square to Mars, as opposed to the comfortable trine before the ring was found.

Again, I may just have an overactive imagination and be way off, but even without bringing Uranus (an outer) into it, I don't think that scenario is too far out, especially since the 8th house also represents hidden things as well as inheritances. Any thoughts?
Carol

Posted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everyone, please just ignore my last post above. At this point I don't know where I was coming from. Seems like my brain must have been having some kind of strange Neptune attack! Confused
Deb
Administrator

Posted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Carol
I don’t think your last point needs to be ignored; in fact I’ve frequently demonstrated how horary charts based on a sudden awareness of a lost thing can often have an interesting ‘undertone’ that relates to something emotionally meaningful for the querent. But the stories are often quite intimate and this is an old horary; sometimes we get the opportunity to probe those sorts of issues, sometimes not. I do think it is something to keep in mind though, especially in the loss of ‘sentimental’ items such as rings.

I am about to start a new proven horary discussion; this time on a work-related issue. So thank you Tienka for the chart and contributions, and for all the input from everyone. I’ll leave the thread open for future comment but this is no longer the current discussion.

Deb
Carol

Posted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deb wrote:
Hi Carol
I don’t think your last point needs to be ignored; in fact I’ve frequently demonstrated how horary charts based on a sudden awareness of a lost thing can often have an interesting ‘undertone’ that relates to something emotionally meaningful for the querent. But the stories are often quite intimate and this is an old horary; sometimes we get the opportunity to probe those sorts of issues, sometimes not. I do think it is something to keep in mind though, especially in the loss of ‘sentimental’ items such as rings.Deb

Deb, I never know if I'm taking the traditional horary rules too far or not (which might easily happen with my natal Jup. in Sag. right on my Asc.), so thanks a lot for that reassurance and clarification! Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Horary & Electional Astrology All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: