Thank you for your support, Janis. I am also delighted to learn how you are prosessing some of the basic ideas or radicality and Lord of Hour;

Young Boys - Spurs, the lack of radicality could indicate the result moving away from the favorite, and Saturn, LHr, opposite L1/L10 could be good for a hometeam underdog.
Rosenborg-Copenhagen, this was just the first of two legs. I think I will try and put everything together after the 2nd and deciding match is played. We have haven't done that before.
Bath - Rushden & Diamonds, not radical so consider the underdog - but what is the part played by the Moon. The Moon is angular and LHr. The chart is accentuated. Maybe judgement is simply void due to the lack of an individual starting time and too many balls in the air at once. :???:

If we can just continue to sort out our ideas in an orderly manner, then it has a meaning. Something I want to check out the next time it comes round is when L1 is sextile the MC, because this has seemed to prove a hazard or weaken the home team (not enough to win). But then it is also important to check out whether is was a right-handed or left-handed aspect. I seem to recall L1 casting its sextile to the MC from the western hemisphere in instances that proved an advantage to the guests. It has to be checked and double-checked.
http://www.astronor.com

Andrew, I haven't looked at the chart Young Boys - Spurs and Bath - Rushden Diamonds.

I had a look at the chart Rosenborg - Copenhagen. I got the result correct, although I thought it would be 3:0. Wrong on that one, there were 3 goals but one in the wrong net.
Look at the chart again and you see how the symbolism would lead you to the correct result.
Copenhagen away kit is black. Rosenborg played in white shirt. So Capricorn ASC is Copenhagen, Rosenborg is DSC. Moon (L7 and hours) is in Sagitarius.
We see that the Moon has just seperated from both trine R Jupiter (L of MC) and sextile Saturn (L of ASC), and her next aspect is a dexter sextile with Venus through the signs of long ascension. Venus is a fortune (so favours the fave) and also the significator of Rosenburg (playing in white), and the final dispositor of both Jupiter and Saturn.

When there are a number of games playet at the same time, so far only colour method seems to be working. Though it is a very hard stuff to pick out the significators.

I tried my best to provide analysis on today's Champion league qualifying games. I will be fully back in analysis next week.

Regards :)

Well done, Janis! :'
Newspapers today and both Norwegian and Danish commentators after the match said that the game should have ended 3-0 but ended 2-1 instead. The ball hit the post, went the wrong way - a Rosenborg player slid and missed the return. It was quite a brotherly setting with the Norwegians and Danish both talking in their native tongue and discussing whether whoever advances is up to standard for the later tournament.

Football is such a combination of effort, skill and coincidences. :o
http://www.astronor.com

Andrew Bevan wrote:
Janis wrote:I have observed that Venus as L of hour prefers draws if 2 equal teams play.
These sort of observations are dynamite, if they can be verified.
The Lord of the Hour does seem to affect the result, but not quite in this way :). I've looked at my collection of just over 2000 English Premier League results. Unfortunately Venus is not LH very often, only 206 times. If we ignore the requirement that the teams are equal (similar odds I assume), there is very little effect. On the other hand, if we require the decimal odds for the two teams to be within 0.4 we only have 16 matches, too small a sample to make any firm conclusions. For what it's worth about 44% are draws

Because matches between teams with similar odds do tend to result in draws (just under a third are draws with up to a 0.4 difference in odds) the increase in draws is not very significant 7 from 16 rather than 5 from 16.

Where there is an effect is on the total number of goals scored in a match. The average over all the 2000 matches is 2.53, if the Sun is LH it is 2.71, if Moon 2.70 but if Saturn only 2.38 (these are all on large samples). Interestingly Mercury, Venus, Mars and Jupiter had little effect.

Graham

Thank you, Graham, for providing statistics. I made my conclusion on a few examples I had. I agree it is not enough to make convincing conclusions.

Anyway, today we have a game with Venus being the lady of hour.

Partizan Belgrade - Anderlecht
Odds 2.69 3.31 2.65

44 47 20 N
20 27 32 E
Kick of 20:45 CEST (Central European Summer Time)
ASC 27 35 Pisces
MC 28 50 Sagittarius
Moon 19 52 Sagittarius
POF 3 26 Sagittarius

Day - Mercury, L of hour - Venus

The chart is radical by exaltation, besides ASC is in the exaltation degree of Venus.
Partizan is playing in white with black stripes, so it gets DSC and its ruler Mercury as significator. Anderlecht playing in black with violet stripes, so its gets ASC (R Jupiter in Aries), its ruler R Jupiter and Saturn as additional significator.

Jupiter L of ASC and MC and dispositor of POF, though retrograde, is favourably placed in I and has an aspect (opposition) with Saturn, additional significator of Anderlecht which I consider as an advantage for Anderlecht. Jupiter is about to rise, so we can expect a goal. Mercury is in VI has just set but in his house Virgo and is direct which I think counterbalance Jupiter's angularity.
L of hour Venus is in VII, in her own house Libra which I consider as a strong advantage for Partizan. Saturn, significator of Anderlecht (playing in black), though exalted, is ruled by Venus and controled by Mercury (L 7 and significator of Partizan) as the ruler of the Airy triplicity by night, and is placed deep in VII which I consider as an advantage for Partizan.

Moon has just through signs of long ascension seperated from the square with Mercury and is applying to the Sun by trine, which will be the next hour ruler in about 15 minutes after the kick off. The aspect is not within the orb of 5 degrees, but I consider it as a slight advantage for Partizan.
Partizan, I think, is a slight favourite in this match.

Considering that the L of hour is Venus and two equal teams play I expect a draw however the chart looks a little bit more promising for Partizan but I am not sure whether the indications I mentioned will be sufficient. Anderlecht's plus is strong essential dignities of Saturn, its significator, which is the almuten of the chart. Most probably - 1:1.

Sporting Braga - Sevilla
Odds 2.98 3.17 2.50

41 33 45 N, 08 25 51 W
Kick off 19:45 WEST (Western European Summer Time)
ASC 11 15 Aquarius
MC 01 56 Sagittarius
POF 5 24 Gemini

Day Mercury, hour Mars

The chart is radical by triplicity, both Saturn, L1, and Mars, L of hour, in Libra.
Sporting most probably will play in all red, or red shirts and black shorts, so its significator is Mars, ASC and its ruler Saturn. Sevilla will play in white or light blue, so DSC its ruler Sun, and in addition Venus.

Both Sun and Moon are above the horizon and angular (VII and X respectively) which I consider as a strong advantage for the fave. The Moon seperates from the square with Mercury (dispositor of POF and also significator of light colours ) and applies by trine to Sun. Actually, I consider the Moon without course as the aspect perfects after about 5,5 degrees.

For Sporting we have strong Saturn, L1, and his opposition with R Jupiter, L 10.

At the end of the game Jupiter will be rising which I consider as a good sign for the fave. On that indications my guess is Sevilla.

Salzburg - Hapoel Tel Aviv
Odds 1.90 3.30 3.70

Kick off 20:45 CEST
47 48 58 N
12 59 53 E

ASC 12 02 Pisces
MC 21 59 Sagittarius
POF 17 54 Scorpio
Day Mercury, hour Sun

Jupiter, L1, and Sun, L of hour, in the same triplicity controled by Jupiter which rules the Fiery triplicity by night. So it can be an indication for draw.

Salzburg plays in white and red shorts, so gets DSC its ruler Mercury, and in addition Venus. Hapoel will most probably play in black in order not to clash with Salzburg red shorts, so it gets Saturn as significator.
Mercury, L7 and L4, is better accidentally placed than Jupiter, L1 and L10 and is closer to the angle which I consider as an advantage for the Salzburg.
Saturn, significator of Hapoel, is strong but deep in VII and controled by Mercury as the ruler of Airy triplicity by night. Opposition with Jupiter, L1 and L10, I consider as an advantage for Hapoel.
Moon is on the cusp of MC (orb 2 degrees) from the cadent IX which Ficina considers as an indication for the underdog. Let's see whether it will be the case. The chart is not radical by exaltation, it could be.
My prediction nevertheless is that Salzburg should get it. I have no experience that such Moon's position can help the underdog.

It is a short briefing on 3 games with the slightest difference in odds.

Regards

Thank you, Goca. It was hard to decide. The chart was a little bit more promising for Partizan.
I mentioned if Venus is the lady of hour, then there is a tendency of draws if two equal teams are playing. Let's see whether this rule will prove reliable. So far I have a few examples, so it may be premature to make any conclusions.

As regards Salzburg - Hapoel Tel Aviv, then the Moon's position on MC 2 degrees from the cusp in the cadent IX seems to have worked. But this indication still needs testing. Probably, if the chart is not radical it works. If the chart it is radical by exaltation, it doesn't. Quite sure about this, in both charts I have with such Moon's position when the chart is radical by exaltation, the fave got it without any trouble. Radicality by exaltation seems to be the crucial factor.

Partizan - Anderlecht chart by the way was also radical by exaltation (Pisces ASC and Venus L of hour). So it proved, 2 equal teams playing with no difference in odds - draw is the most likely result.

Greetings
Janis

Hi Janis,

I've been away for a few days so not had an opportunity to comment about the cadent Moon. I have had three charts this month with Moon conjunct Asc from 12th and the underdog hasn't won. Last night's game between Man City and Liverpool was the latest example. ManC were faves, chart not radical, hour-ruler was L7, yet ManC won 3-0.

Since the favourites are usually the home team anyway, it's difficult to say whether Moon conjunct Asc (from either side) is actually favouring the favourites or the home team. I rather think it's the latter. We need to check some examples where the away/Desc team is favourite.

Cadent Moon conjunct MC still appears to be working for the underdog, perhaps because MC is a more 'neutral' angle, unlike Asc or Desc which 'belongs' to a particular team.

This weekend produced some extraordinary scores in the Premier League: three games finished 6-0. One 6-0 result would be unusual, but three? :shock:

Saturday 21st 1500 BST. Arsenal 6 - 0 Blackpool
Saturday 21st 1715 BST. Wigan 0 - 6 Chelsea
Sunday 22nd 1330 BST. Newcastle 6 - 0 Aston Villa

Given the different times and dates the Moon and angles don't help. We had the Sa-Ju opposition and, if you use outer planets, Jupiter conjunct Uranus and Pluto squaring the opposition. We also had the Mars-Venus conjunction. But why these three matches? Colours perhaps:

Arsenal 6 - 0 Blackpool was Red/White v White/Orange
Wigan 0 - 6 Chelsea was Blue v Black/Orange
Newcastle 6 - 0 Aston Villa was Black/White v Maroon/Light Blue

Not very helpful :-?

Hi Ficina,

According to my observations, we should slightly change the concept of who is the underdog in a particular game.
The underdog in a particular game is not always a team according to the bookies' odds odds but could be a team who has better results in all latest reciprocal games.
For example, in yesterday's game Manchester City - Liverpool, the fave was not Manchester City (having lesser odds) but Liverpool who had won all draw Manchester City in almost all of last 25 games (so far statistics are available), but 3 which had won by Manchester City.
The chart was not radical, so it was a chance for Manchester City to depart from the ruling tendency.

Newcastle - Aston Villa. Aston Villa was the bookies fave by odds, but Newcastle got it. If we look at the statistics, Aston Villa has not won in Newcastle for last 7 years. So Newcastle is the fave. The chart was radical, so the expected result occured (the tendency continued), i.e Newcastle won.

I have not summerized the numbers, but the reliability of this tendency is by far over 50%.

So the Moon conjunct ASC from 12th seems to be working. Also the same is true with respect to the Moon conjunct MC from 9th. I am confident that this factor is a pretty reliable indicator for the underdog if the chart is not radical. If the chart is radical, for example by exaltation (Capricorn rising and Mars the lord of the hour), it does not work. I have 2 charts in which the fave won despite the Moon conjunct MC from 9th. With respect to other type of radicality, so far I have no samples.

The Moon conjunct DSC or IC from a cadent house, obviously does not help the underdog. I have some charts with such Moon's position, in all the underdogs losed.

Actually, the results you mentioned, GB, are not so extraordinary if we look at them from the astrological viewpoint and numerology. The number of Venus is 6. In all the charts Scorpio was on ASC, and according to the colour method, one team was wearing Venus (Libra) colours.