will I get this job?

Hello, dear forumites,
Would you be ever so nice to this newcomer and please help me with one of the million questions that are bothering me these times. Although I'm familiar with some of the concepts of modern astrology, horary is completely new to me.
I was notified of a certain job opportunity the other day, that appeared through my cousin?s mediation. The specifics of the job are not clear yet, it would probably have something to do with foreign languages, perhaps with traveling and I have a reason to believe that it is a sales job. The company deals with laboratory equipment.
Here is what I get: 8.13.2004, 5:38pm (CET), long.:15E38, lat.:46N34; asc.:20cap53.

The querent?s ruler is Saturn ? essentially debilitated in the sign of its detriment, accidentally dignified through its angular position in the seventh and applying sextile from Jupiter. It could mean that I am not so apt for this job, but I am still in a good position to get it. It does make a beautiful trine to the MC (separating, though). Saturn is conjunct the Moon, which is in its own sign and therewith rules the seventh and Saturn. With the seventh house emphasis might the job have to do with the public?

The sixth ruler is Mercury, in its own sign in Virgo, but on the cusp of the 8th house and therewith a bit debilitated (except if it goes for some kind of sales job and the 8th means other?s people money?) .
The sixth is also occupied by Venus, which is in its face, making a separating sextile to mars (10th ruler) and applying sextile to Mercury (6th ruler). Venus also rules the 9th house of international trade.

The tenth house (the boss and the company) is ruled by Mars ? peregrine and still in the in the seventh. It is in a separating sextile with Venus: my cousin (Venus is a fourth house ruler) has already contacted the boss.

The 11th, house of the company?s money is in detriment (the money is not so good?), however it makes a beautiful trine to my ascendent and a very close applying sextile to my ruler (it is willing to flow into my hands ? but , through the hands of other people? ? 8th ? if it is a sales job, my income might depend on how much I sale). The Mercury ? Uranus opposition on the 2nd/8th cusp might mean technology being sold and codependence of my and other people?s money (Uranus ? the instability of my income)?

If I draw the line here, stubbornly believing that I still might have some chance, a short look at the moon doesn?t give much hope, does it? Being in its own sign and on the 7th cusp it has a lot of strength, but then again, this strength is being somehow incapsulated within the limiting Saturn. And most of all, the Moon is void of course. Is this lethal to this question or is there still some reason to hope?

Do you think this job would be right for me at all with this Saturn position?

Alya

Hi,

Thought I'd have a bash at this one. To be honest I do see a few negative indications rather than positive.

First, any rival that you may have for this job is going to be ruled by the 7th house cusp and its ruler, the Moon. Both Saturn (your significator) and the Moon are over by the 7th house in the dignities of the Moon, indicating that you are likely to be up against some stiff competition and that they are in much stronger position.

Also Venus seems to be significant here. By antiscion she is opposite the Part of Fortune and is right on the 6th house cusp - Part of Fortune on the 12th cusp, and she is ruler of the 9th house which has Uranus on the cusp by antiscion.

This may indicate that your knowledge (9th house) is not appropriate for this job. Also you mention foreign languages which I expect would come under 9th house. Of course, it may be that when you find out more about it, the travel required in the job is unacceptable to you. I see mutual reception between Mars and Venus so this is obviously a pretty integral part of it.

The job itself is shown by MC and its ruler Mars and I see he and Mercury are applying to conjoin one another. Mercury is very strong and is the 'almuten' of Mars. Mercury, as 2nd from 7th, shows the skills that your rival has at his/her disposal to this job.

So, to be honest, sorry, as ever with these negative cases, hope I'm wrong, but it looks fairly clear cut that the Astrological indicators point to the job going to someone else. As stated above, it could also show that it's not suitable for you when you find out more about the travelling.

All the best anyway, and let me know how you get on.

Thanks a lot.
Susan,
Edinburgh.
www.horaryqueen.co.uk

Hello, Susan.
Thank you for clarifying this chart for me. Of all the job-charts I have done lately it seemed to look the most promising. Looks I'll have to wait a while for a better opportunity. I'll certainly keep you posted about this one. Thanks again, Alya.