GB 2011-2018

According to the MunichSchool of Astrology (founded by Wolfgang D?bereiner) a solar can be regarded not only as a chart for the year to come. It can also give a deeper insight into the time of seven years. Such a seven-years' chart is called a ?septar?.
Seven is not just the number of time. It also has the potentiality of ?enhancing?, in a way ?magnifying?, thus intensifying. By the way this quality of the number seven is repeatedly referred to in the Bible ? e.g. Gen. 4, 15.

Let me explain: Birth chart = chart for one's life time but also first septar = first seven years. First solar after birth (on first birthday) = second Septar: 7-14 years - etc.... etc. .
E.g. Someone was born in 1950. He?s now in his ninth seven-years' span which started in 2006. This is the Septar based on the solar return of the year 1958 (not 1959!!).
It always works. Septars are usually very reliable, they are very well known in Germany, Austria and Switzerland. Try them using whatever chart you like.

The following is the 31st septar of GB (1.1.1801 / 0:00 LMT). It gives an insight into GB for the time Jan 1st 2011 to Jan 1st 2018:

It should be added that a septar responds to transits. So SAT con. MC in autumn 2011 and spring 2012 might be significant, so will UR tr PL, not to mention UR tr square SUN. I'm sure that the simultaneous Opp. of NE tr. SAT will be important as NE will be conj. PL in the 1801 chart.
There is a marked saturnine influence - but it's most important to notice that this impact is related to house eight. SAT around two degrees VIRGO - this degree has the quality of SUN/SAT.
And: JU/NE/MER connected with house three: there might be serious monetarian problems - currency.

(Let me add that I am convinced that the 1927 "UK-chart" - April 12th, 0:00 - has a lot to say, too. But I am presenting the septar based on the 1801 chart - knowing that the 1801 chart is usually given priority. )

Septar XXXI = Solar 1831: Of course, one might have a closer look at what happened in Britain in 1831 - as far as I know that year brought about the victory of the Whigs - polls in May 1831, resulting in a majority in the House of Commons. That was the time of Parliamentary Reform, wasn't it? Also in 1831: Francis Place founded the radical democratic Political National Union.
History usually does not just repeat itself - but you can be sure that GB is in for most dramatic changes - both on the level of politics and society.
Regards,
LL

According to the MunichSchool of Astrology (founded by Wolfgang D?bereiner) a solar can be regarded not only as a chart for the year to come. It can also give a deeper insight into the time of seven years. Such a seven-years' chart is called a ?septar?.
Seven is not just the number of time. It also has the potentiality of ?enhancing?, in a way ?magnifying?, thus intensifying. By the way this quality of the number seven is repeatedly referred to in the Bible ? e.g. Gen. 4, 15.

Let me explain: Birth chart = chart for one's life time but also first septar = first seven years. First solar after birth (on first birthday) = second Septar: 7-14 years - etc.... etc. .
E.g. Someone was born in 1950. He?s now in his ninth seven-years' span which started in 2006. This is the Septar based on the solar return of the year 1958 (not 1959!!).
It always works. Septars are usually very reliable, they are very well known in Germany, Austria and Switzerland. Try them using whatever chart you like.

Thanks Lunlumo,

I have have never heard of this technique before so thanks very much for sharing it with us.
but you can be sure that GB is in for most dramatic changes - both on the level of politics and society.
Indeed, that seems clearly already certain with dramatic cuts to the public sector and welfare state planned for next spring by the coalition government and the wide reaching political and constitutional changes proposed too. It looks like these issues may dominate UK politics for many years to come.

Mark
As thou conversest with the heavens, so instruct and inform thy minde according to the image of Divinity William Lilly

49er - e.g.

Hi Steven,
W.D?bereiner has not at all claimed to have detected the importance of the number seven in astrology. However, there's a lot more to say about the rhythms he uses. There are quite intricate patterns interfering with each other - e.g. the rhythm of the number ten (so-called "Decar"). This matter is rather complex - I couldn't put it down here in just a few sentences. It differs from what you say in some important aspects.

Let me, however, add the following: For mundane charts he also uses charts that cover 49 years (7 * 7). This is most useful when one is dealing with historical processes.
E.g. in the GB -chart: 3rd solar = 3rd septar- ruling 1815-1822. Taken as a "49er" chart it covers the years 1899 - 1948 - including the two World Wars: You get AC AR with Aries Moon in house one and Mars conj. IC and square JU (conj DC).
At the beginning of WW I Mars tr was conj. Sat, Sat tr. was conj. Mars and Pl tr was conj IC and Mars - an extremely powerful impact.

To demonstrate the "49er" we might also have a look at the 1066 chart.
Its 18th septar when taken as a 49er also covers the years from (Dec) 1899 to 1948 (strange, isn't it ?)

This 49er, based on the 1066 chart:
Outbreak of WW I - transits:
PL/SAT - AC:
SAT conj AC - exact
Pl tr conj NE/AC (extremely exact with NE)
Mars tr opposing PL/SAT

Maybe even more convincing than the 49er derived from 1801 ? Anyway it proves that the 1066 chart can be relied on.

I usually use the 49er when having a closer look at the 1603 Great Conjunction of SAT/JU - the conjunction that has ruled for centuries and will do so for some more to come.

Regards,
LL

Steven wrote:
In this text Abu Ma'shar likens a 7 year period as a "week". The word week at this time does not exist and the word used by the Greek translator of the text used Hebdomas: Although this word can refer to the ordinary seven-day week, it has a broader meaning of seven of anything, such as seven years which is how Abu Ma'shar is using it in the Arabic also.

In this "time-lord" system there is a clear rulership scheme also! The ruler of the first 7 years is the lord of the ascendant. The lord of the next 7 year period is that planet following the lord of the ascendant in the Chaldean order. I have Taurus on my natal ascendant so Venus rules the first 7 year period (or "week") and the 8th 7 year period which started in November 2006 for me. But the rulership like most is not alone. Venus rules the 8th period for me and its rule is alone for the first year of that period; i.e. the first day of that week. In the 2nd year of that period (2nd day of that week) Venus is still "ruler" but Mercury participates since it follows Venus in order. In the 3rd year (2008) the Moon participates. In the 4th year (2009) Saturn participates. In the 5th year (2010) Jupiter participates etc. My heart attack occurred then while Venus had rule (and Venus is not only lord of the Ascendant but also lord of the 6th) and Saturn was participating. Saturn does not distribute Venus' disposition to well!
Hello Steven,

Great to have you back on the forum. I hope your recovery is going well.

A very interesting technique! This gives a whole new insight on interpreting solar returns! Let me just summarise the system as I understand it. The overall scheme you are using is Chaldean order of the planets within each seven year period. The first seven year period is ruled by the ascendant ruler in the nativity. The subsequent rulers follow Chaldean order from the place of the ascendant ruler in the scheme until the eighth period when the sequence returns to the ascendant ruler. In terms of participating rulers the first year of each seven year sequence is ruled by a sole planet (either ascendant ruler or relevant planet in Chaldean order). After this that planet shares rulership each year with the remaining planets in Chaldean order. Right?
My heart attack occurred then while Venus had rule (and Venus is not only lord of the Ascendant but also lord of the 6th) and Saturn was participating. Saturn does not distribute Venus' disposition to well!
One I better watch out for in future. I am Taurus rising too with Venus Lord of the 6th. :shock:

I assume we need to consider the position of such planets both in the relevant return chart and the nativity. I am left wondering about profections though? I thought the traditional 'Lord of the Year' for return charts was determined by the profection ruler of that year?

What are your views about applying this system in mundane astrology? I know you have done work on using the fidaria in mundane astrology which seems interesting. Clearly, taking a more traditional approach I would think we would have to use foundational Aries Ingress charts rather than contested national charts. The problem is that some older countries like Britain have no universally agreed foundation date.

Mark
Last edited by Mark on Thu Jul 15, 2010 3:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
As thou conversest with the heavens, so instruct and inform thy minde according to the image of Divinity William Lilly

Abu Ma'shar's and D?bereiner's approach show parallels, but as far as I can see they do not have much in common, apart from the fact that they both refer to the number seven. D?bereiner does not care a lot about the traditional planetary sequences - which were well known to the ancient, long before Abu Ma'shar. E.g. the AC is Aries, then Mars will rule the first period of seven years. The following one will be ruled by the rulers of house eleven and two etc. And are Abu Ma'shar's teachings really based on the principle of "magnifying" (or "augmentation" ? ) ? I can't imagine he actually knew there was a rhythm of 49. - But I should read his book on solar returns.

The Chald. Sequence applied to the chart given above - the 49er, based on the 1066 chart - refering to 1899-1906: AC is GEM, SAt rules from 1913, conj. Pl - so it seems to work.

LL

Lunlumo wrote: E.g. the AC is Aries, then Mars will rule the first period of seven years. The following one will be ruled by the rulers of house eleven and two etc.

LL
Eleven I don't understand, but two is like profection, just any house is seven years.

I knew because every time I try to explain profection to modern astrologers they mention something like this with the number 7 in it.
There should be something like that in Huber, I don't know exactly because I left modern astrology before reading this :)

p.s. happy to read again Steven.

margherita
Traditional astrology at
http://heavenastrolabe.wordpress.com

Example: Great Fire 1666

Margherita-
(what's modern, what's traditional? I do not really know... )
"Profection"? - sorry, can't find this word in my dictionary.

Huber: Number Six, yes - but on the basis of GOH-houses. Anti-clockwise rhythm.
The odd numbers, including Seven, are the "Yang" numbers: clockwise direction. The even numbers - "Yin" follow the anti-clockwise direction.

Take e.g. this one (happened to be on my screen only yesterday):

Solar IX = Septar IX of the Great Conjunction 1603 (now this is really "traditional", isn't it ??), London //
Dec. 1659 - Dec. 1666
The "Great Fire" of London was in September 1666 -it destroyed a great part of the town.
This is a septar = seven years = 84 months. One house - seven months.
In this case both directions - clockwise/anti-clockwise - coincide - thus giving a strong impact.
Clockwise rhythm May 1666 - Dec 1666: from cusp of the second house to AC.
Mars/fire in that house. Mars opp. Moon - burning of houses. Mars Square Saturn - lasting and "fatal".
SAT rules these seven months as the cusp of the second house is in Capricorn. Sat is placed in the middle of the house - i.e. it is triggered at about half time - corresponding to the time of the fire. In addition Mars triggers house four: clockwise rhythm "from five to four". House four: the place where people live - i.e. houses, bulidings.
Anti-clockwise: house 12 to AC -- Scorpio phase (house cusp 12 in that sign) - Mars being the classical ruler of Scorpio. The modern ruler, Pluto, is, like Saturn, in the middle of its house - i.e. triggered simutaneously. Pluto is antisc. Jupiter - and Jupiter rules house four (classical ruler).
So, in this case both rhythms cooperate, which finally could enable such an event as the Great Fire.

http://www.luminarium.org/encyclopedia/greatfire.htm

In the sequence of the Chaldanean order this phase would be ruled by the Moon - with Mars being its subordinate ruler - right? This certainly would make sense as well. Both systems seem to work - most interesting stuff anyway! Thank you, Steven.

P.S. Of course one might also have a look at the "49er" of the Great Conjunction - i.e. the second solar: You'll find AC Aries with Pluto close to the AC, PL conj. Southern Node, Mars both square Moon and Uranus (exact), with the Moon ruling the IC.

Looking back at the septar of Britain - start of the thread:

SAT/Node will be reached around August/September 2013 - clockwise. The ruling planet is Mercury (ruler of cusp house 9 - clockwisely moving from 9 to 8 ). Mercury is in house one - which is indirectly put into action by the triggering of Saturn. Mercury is conjunct Neptune and Jupiter. This conjunction might be decisive, it is linked to money - house three being involved: a monetary crisis - inflation will be well possible by that time.

One might check all this on the basis of transits -and of course on the basis of the fundamantal 1801 chart itself.
What is more: It is interesting in that septar that Mercury will rule those months also on the basis of the Cald. sequence.

Regards
LL