Reply to Debbie

Debbie wrote:
Neptune and Chiron have been opposing my progressed sun in Leo. What are peoples' opinions about transits to progressed planets? Are they as strong as transits to natal planets?
They are equally strong as transits to natal planets but only when they are triggered by parans or partile (under one degree) eclipto hits on the Natal Quotidian Angles, particularity the Quotidian MC. Most software packages allow quotidian runs (list) that will show when these hits occur on quotidian angles during the year. MOST transits to progressed planets or natal planets will not produce a quotidian hit during the year unless the transiting planet is station or slow in motion. Once these transit cycles are triggered with the quotidian angles, the symbolized cycle begins and can last a-while. Quotidian angles will only touch a station or slow moving transiting-progressed planet(s) combo RARELY in one year?s period. Quotidian angles are the great triggers in astrology and helps explain why many times we watch a transit manifest absolutely nothing?because the transit did not involve a quotidian angle.

Regards, Steve
With all our modern knowledge and scientific equipment, and with the the great strides made in mathematics, we astrologers have done nothing to even remotely compare with the achievements of the astrologers of antiquity. Cyril Fagan

Re: transits to progressed planets

Debbie wrote:Neptune and Chiron have been opposing my progressed sun in Leo. What are peoples' opinions about transits to progressed planets? Are they as strong as transits to natal planets?
IMO yes. I applied with good results the teachings of Sophia Mason in her Lunations & Predictions booklet (AFA) using both natal and progessed charts.

Re: Quotidian angle

Debbie wrote:Forgive me, but what is a quotidian angle? I tried googling it but couldn't find anything.
Right. You'd probably get more attention to these ideas Steve if you were to clearly define the terms instead of jumping to relatively advanced applications of the methods. You can start by defining "quotidian" and the three kinds you mention.

For example, I'm a reasonably experienced and technical astrologer. The only context within which I'm familiar with the use of the term "quotidian" is as a method of progressing the angles and cusps (from a natal chart). I understand there are a couple of variations in the method used to calculate the RAMC, though I'm not sure I've ever seen them clearly described. The one I use moves the RAMC an equal arc in right ascension to the arc of movement of the Sun from the natal to the transit time in celestial longitude. This determines the progressed time, for which you just calculate a chart for the presumed location of the native on that date and time. If you were to observe a sequence of such progressed charts over a year, you would see that the RAMC moves 360 degrees between solar returns.

But is that what you're talking about with the three differently named quotidian types you use? Probably not.

Help us out here. Please.

Regards,

- Ed

Reply to Debbie & Ed

Hi Ed & Debbie,

Quotidian Charts were developed by Cyril Fagan. If memory serves me correctly Fagan said the word Quotidian in Greek means ?Daily?. Quotidians are daily charts used to isolate the correct day of an event (a difficult task, usually the correct day of an event can only be seen with hindsight with outstanding planetary symbolism with the Q angles.) using either the Natal Chart or one?s current Solar Return. Fagan used 3 different types of Quotidians Charts, the Natal Quotidian (NQ), the Solar Quotidian (SQ), and the progressed sidereal solar return (PSSR). Addressing Debbie?s original question involves using Natal Quotidian Charts which relies heavily on the daily changing angles, isolating the day when transits to Natal planets or transits to progressed Natal planets fall on a daily Natal (NQ) quotidian angles. This is a rare occurrence. Transits are occurring all the time but they are not, all the time, falling on the quotidian angles. I attempted (poorly) to explain to Debbie, transits to progressed Natal planets are just important as transits to Natal planets when seen occurring on a quotidian angle. This would explain why one transit produced an event but the same transit at another time would not produce an event. One transit occurred on the Quotidian angle but the other transit did not occur on a quotidian angle. Very few astrologers are aware of Fagan?s quotidians methodology. Fagan realized that conventional progressions in his day did not include a daily progression with daily angles that changes with the daily motion of the earth on it's axis. Fagan innovated with correct math/astronomy quotidian charts where an individual could track their individual daily angles with quotidian charts. Fagan explained the math and astronomy for these 3 types of Quotidians in a book called ?Primer of Sidereal Astrology?. Don?t let the word Sidereal miss lead you?its not about using the Sidereal Zodiac?it?s about the astrological methodologies used by the siderealists back in the 60?s?there are some brilliant techniques worth learning by any serious astrologer. I can?t explain the math or astronomy for computing quotidian charts?I only know how to compute them using Solar Fire. I have offered several worded examples of Solar Quotidian Charts on the thread ?Interpreting Solar Returns?, an Excellent Solar Return Book in the Nativities & General Astrology Forum. Recently, I have been offering guidelines (taught to me by an adept old siderealist) for using Quotidian Charts. Other software?s will compute Quotidian Charts but it may not be headlined with the word Quotidian.

Regards, Steve
With all our modern knowledge and scientific equipment, and with the the great strides made in mathematics, we astrologers have done nothing to even remotely compare with the achievements of the astrologers of antiquity. Cyril Fagan

Thanks, Steve. Will have to do the research I guess. I agree with you that in the 50's, 60's and 70's many of the so-called "western sidereal" astrologers were among the very best technical astrologers out there.

Regards,

- Ed

reply to ed f

Ed wrote:
I agree with you that in the 50's, 60's and 70's many of the so-called "western sidereal" astrologers were among the very best technical astrologers out there.
Hi Ed, Without a doubt, the ?western sidereal? astrologers were adepts technically and without the aid of computer technology. They researched some brilliant astrological techniques that were technically beyond the comprehension of most astrologers, including me. I was very fortunate to come into contact with one of the early (60?s) western sidereal astrologers; who taught me well and instructed me on how to mouse click with SF, the necessary steps in order to view with charts some of their brilliant astrological techniques. Some of these techniques offer the most precise charts I have ever encountered in my astrological research-- involving pure celestial astronomy (mainly with the rotation of the earth on it?s axis) with aspected planetary symbolism.

Regards, Steve

Reply to Debbie

Debbie wrote:
Thanks for clarifying things a little more. There is so much to learn about astrology and I appreciate more advanced astrologers sharing their knowledge.
You are welcome. It?s all about sharing in the astrological community of cyber space.

Steve

Hi Debbie,

In my opinion transits to natal planets are more powerful and manifest than transits to progressed planets.

Progressed planets transiting progressed planets are also significant depending on the natal conditions.

My opinion is based on my own chart, 6/9/1952, and the charts of several others. I'm always hoping that astrology forums like this one can provide data on this kind of question, in addition to theories.

Re: Reply to Debbie & Ed

Steve wrote: Quotidian Charts were developed by Cyril Fagan. If memory serves me correctly Fagan said the word Quotidian in Greek means ?Daily?.
The term derives from the Latin word for "daily" - quotidianum , sometimes cotidianum (occurring or returning daily). It sometimes carries a negative tone (common, regular, ordinary, not surprising or special) .

It is actually mentioned in the best-know Christian prayer "The Lord's Prayer" ("Our Father").

Our Father
Give us this day our daily bread,
and forgive us our trespasses
Pater Nostrum (Latin version)
Panem nostrum cotidianum da nobis hodie;
et dimitte nobis debita nostra

(So, it is a quite quotidianum word! :lol: )