Baghdad kills 58,000 stray dogs in 3 month period

Just turned on my computer and saw this story

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100710/ap_ ... ray_dogs_5

and reviewed the Baghdad 2010 Aries Ingress. Assigning pets to the 6th house, see Aries on the 6th cusp with Sun on the 6th cusp applying to Mars in the 10th. Mars also rules the 1st which is 8th from the 6th or death of animals. So the King (Sun/Aries) is involved in pets (Sun placed in the 6th) and is interested in killing them (Sun received by Mars ruler of the 1st). Mutual reception between Sun and Mars perfects interests of the Sun (King) at the expense of stray animals (Mars).

I am wondering if others have any other comments on this configuration given the Sun-Mars mutual reception as well as the Sun opposed Saturn opposition which I didn't comment on. Understanding this issue of pets in Baghdad might offer some insight on how this configuration is and will play out elsewhere in the world.

I am specifically referring to the impact of the Sun-Mars-Saturn configuration on heads of state given the universal signification of the Sun as heads of state. Specifically, citing Kusyar Ibn Labban's Introduction to Astrology, II.2.10:
In the previous chapter the king and dynasty whose beginning is not known was mentioned. Then the ascendant of the year when the dynasty and its ruler appeared, the Sun and the Moon are moved to the malefics and the and the cutters at the rate of one degree of oblique ascension in every year. When it arrives at one of the cutters, then the king of the dynasty or the leader in it will die.
Accordingly these directions are of interest, semi-arc proportional method of directing, Ptolemy's key, zero latitude for aspects:

Distributor: Jupiter/Aries
Participator: dexter trine Mars d. => Sun
Projection: 57' 11" => 3-Mar-2011

Distributor: Jupiter/Aries
Participator: opposition Saturn d. => Sun
Projection: 1 29' 37" => 17-Sep-2011

Would we say, for instance, that Kings who ascend to power for the year of the Aries Ingress 2010 have initial success against rebels on 3-Mar-2011 but are nevertheless impeded by the opposition party on 17-Sep-2011?

My initial thinking on reading the story on the dogs is that victory of the government of Iraq against dogs also signifies victory against rebels given the mundane signification of Mars/Leo as rebels which I have validated in my own empirical work. Within the United States, for example, Mars/Leo signifies states rights advocates, seen as early as Mars/Leo in the nativity of Thomas Jefferson; and more recently as a significator for the Tea Party movement whose waxing and waning followed the transit of Mars through the sign of Leo most accurately.

Curious as to other observations on this Sun-Mars-Saturn configuration.
Dr. H.
World Class Research in Medieval Predictive Astrology
www.regulus-astrology.com

Morin taught that the significance of the various Ingress charts could be learned by determining the rulers of the ingress charts. He then gives a fairly complex and very lengthy explanation of how to do that. For now let's say Mars rules the Aries Ingress. In addition, most astrologers don't look at this, but I think it is worth noting that Saturn is in the fall of the Sun and the Sun is in the fall of Saturn - a negative mutual reception. I was attracted to this chart and the subsequent Cancer Ingress chart, both of which have virtually the identical angles. Then there is the Moon on Algol (piled up corpses).

Casting the Aries Ingress for DC, the Sun is exalted (as always) and elevated making him a good significator for the ruler of the nation where this situation occurs in the chart. Lilly suggests that Mars, ruler of the chart trine the Sun (not to mention the mutual reception) indicates that the ruler benefits from some military person or endeavor. The opposition to Saturn is part of this as well. The President was forced to eat some crow when he appointed General Petreus to run the Afghanistan war and this appointment may turn out to be of benefit to the President.

I can't help but see Saturn as the oil spill, but I know you prefer a different significator. Saturn rules the color of oil, black, oil is found under the ground as are other Saturn things, and oil is old (a fossil Fuel). Exaltation is associated with excess. No one can deny excess in this situation. The opposition and the fact that Saturn is Rx indicates this is working against the President. Morin notes in certain situations, Saturn strong in an ingress chart can indicate fouled waters and dead fish.

Notice that the solar eclipse falls at 19 Cancer and the Aries and Cancer Ingress charts set for DC have 21 Cancer rising. I'm still working with that.

Tom

Hello, all :)

This Sun/Mars/Saturn aspect in this year's Aries ingress chart is very interesting and intriguing, I've also given it some thoughts lately.

Whatever "good" these two(Mars/Sun) may signify, accidentally and universally, by their tight trine and mutual reception it gets corrupted and destroyed in the end because of Saturn, IMO.

According to Masha'allah/Sahl, in this chain of applications Saturn is the final receiver of the Sun's disposition(via Mars) and there are two reasons why he won't/can't fulfill the 'task' handed over to him - he is retrograde, so unable to retain the light given to him by Mars and he returns it; the second reason is, Mars applies to him out of Saturn's detriment so he rejects whatever he has to give him(the initial Sun's disposition).

Finally, Sun/Saturn, as Tom has already pointed out, are opposed to each other, each being in the sign of the fall of the other one, that is, both in their signs of exaltation.

Goran