Eurovision 2011

A preludium to the Eurovision 2011

I'm starting this thread well early, I confess, but never mind - here goes. It does not contain a prediction on who will win next years event, but it is more a preludium or study of how events seek a path before dropping into place. This one in particular changes its course on the way, and this we may agree has an influence on the final outcome. And that discussion might be interesting.

With Lena Meyer-Landrudt winning the Eurovision Song Contest held in Oslo on 29. May 2010, the Germans are set to arrange the 2011 Eurovision event. Where - has yet to be decided. There are 8 cities competing for the favour of the NDR, next years host broadcaster. These are: Hamburg, Hannover, Berlin, Gelsenkirchen, D?sseldorf, Cologne, Frankfurt and Munich. The winning city is to be announced in September. Germany is a large and wide-streched nation and location is going to be deciding as to which planets end up as angular in the chart.

First reports stated that the Eurovision final was to be held on 21. May 2011. This would have put the Sun in the first degree of Gemini and that could have been interesting, particularly if the Sun was angular, which could have been the case if the hosting city turned out to be Berlin and assuming that the program started at 21.00 CST. (Here was me trying to work out the lyrics already :) ). However, in the same way as the 2010 contest was postponed one week to avoid colliding with the Champions League final, the European Broadcasting Union (EBU) has decided to move 2011 Song Contest arrangement ahead one week for the same reasons. This means that the final of the Eurovision Song Contest 2011 is to be held on 14. May 2011 - and that will provide a different chart altoghether!!

It still remains to see which city will be chosen to host the 2011 event, but it has been said Lena Meyer-Landrudt will represent Germany also in the 2011 competition and try to defend her title. Several artists have participated in the Eurovision Song Contest more times than one, with Johnny Logan winning as both artist and song writer - but never before has an artist attempted to defend a title and succeeded in winning it in two consecutive years!
Last edited by Andrew Bevan on Fri Mar 25, 2011 9:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
http://www.astronor.com

Already? (You want more money, admit it!) :lala

I actually started visiting this section of forum more regularly after reading your posts in the last Eurovision thread and I intend to be a regular visitor here as well!
First reports stated that the Eurovision final was to be held on 21. May 2011. T... However, in the same way as the 2010 contest was postponed one week to avoid colliding with the Champions League final,... This means that the final of the Eurovision Song Contest 2011 is to be held on 14. May 2011 - and that will provide a different chart altoghether!!
And they already know the date??? Well, that is something only Germans can do! :D :'
(Here was me trying to work out the lyrics already ).
I can tell! :D
Last edited by aglaya on Wed Jul 14, 2010 11:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

Aglaya wrote:Quote, Andrew:
(Here was me trying to work out the lyrics already :) ).
After 'winning the contest twice' I thought I would enter with my own song next year, got halfway into the second verse but after they changed the date I trashed the project... :wink:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The NDR broadcasting company have their main seat in Hamburg but also broadcast from Hanover. This could make either of these cities, Hamburg in particular, top candidate to host the Eurovision Song Contest 2011. That is in contest with other giant metropols like Berlin, Cologne and M?nich. D?sseldorf and Frankfurt undoubtedly have much to offer, too. Lena Meyer-Landrut is born in Hanover, by the way.

The Moon will be in Libra on 14. May 2011, the day that has been decided for the 2011 finals. The Moon's location by sign shouldn't be a lead to who will be hosting the event, but we do regard it as a casual significator of where the action is going on. R.E.Bills 'Rulership Book' quotes Berlin as Leo, Frankfurt as Libra, Cologne as Sagittarius and Hamburg as Aquarius. Lilly also refers to Frankfurt as Libra and Hamburg as Aquarius. It is likely that Lilly is Bills source on that matter, but I have no idea regarding the origin.

When it comes D?sseldorf, Hanover and M?nich I find no astrological references, but as a startingpoint I would like to propose D?sseldorf as Gemini (an important international business and financial centre reknown for its fashion and trade fairs), Hanover as Virgo (a major crossing point of railway lines and highways, with regional importance due to its universities and medical school), and M?nich as Cancer (the capital city of Bavaria, and the name is derived from the word 'Monks').

Link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eurovision ... ntest_2011

Andrew Bevan wrote:
When it comes D?sseldorf, Hanover and M?nich I find no astrological references, ........and M?nich as Cancer (the capital city of Bavaria, and the name is derived from the word 'Monks').

Hi, Andrew!

Munich ( Munchen) was founded by Henry the Lion on June 14, 1158 which puts the Sun in Gemini. But, it wasn't until the year 1175. that it was granted city status (that is also when the first fortification was built in the Munich area). unfortunately, there is no mention of the date on which the document was signed (not in the texts written in English, anyway).. It has been the capital of Bavaria since1180 (again, no date).
Lilly says that Bavaria could be ruled by Saturn but, then again, there is more then one place mentioned in CA that gets double rulership.

In the book "Star Names: Their Lore and Meaning", Richard H. Allen puts Frankfurt and Vienna under the rulership of Libra and Venus :

{Page 275}It was of influence, too, over commerce, as witness Ben Jonson in The Alchemist:

His house of Life being Libra: which foreshowed

He should be a merchant, and should trade with balance;

and governed the lumbar region of the human body. Its modem reign has been over Alsace, Antwerp, Austria, Aethiopia, Frankfurt, India, Lisbon, Livonia, Portugal, Savoy, Vienna, and our Charleston; but in classical times over Italy and, naturally enough from its history, especially over Rome, with Vulcan as its guardian. It thus became Vulcani Sidus.

Wouldn't know about Dusseldorf.

After 'winning the contest twice' I thought I would enter with my own song next year
Sitting at your piano (and delineating charts) already ?

:D :lala

Sitting at your piano (and delineating charts) already ?
I do actually have a musical career (amateur) behind me and played in an orchestra providing the music for the World Championship i Latin American dancing a few decades ago. There was also a third place in the National Championships for brass bands. My manner of addressing the piano would be considered an embarrassment (and my dancing is a joke...), but I do take so pride in coming with input on the lyrics side to a band that recently and still does top Norwegian charts. :)

Thanks for the background info on German cities. :'

Eurovision 2011, the Finals
Assuming that the show starts at 21.00 CEST, as is customary
The Sun angular in Taurus on the cusp of the 7th is quite impressive. May that take us SouthWest?
Mercury, Lord of the 10th applies to Venus in Aries. Mars, L5, is in the exaltation degree of the Moon and in reception with Venus. :)

Edited on March 25.2011 to improve graphics
Last edited by Andrew Bevan on Fri Mar 25, 2011 11:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

Hi Andrew,

Based on that I am going for a SW European country, ruled by Aries and represented by a male/female duo. Galicia seems to be the only choice to fit these criteria. I am looking at a list of country rulership based on Alan Leo.

Just for fun at this stage then, but my first guess is Spain/Galicia.I suppose I could really push the boat out and predict the colour of her dress as well - maybe nearer the time.

Matt

Considering the angular Sun in the 7th house and the Moon in Libra, together with the mutual reception between Mars L5 in the exaltation degree of the Moon and Venus - I wonder whether the topic of the lyrics could reflect partnership, sharing, travel and belonging together. Now there is nothing particularly original about that - but maybe Mars in the 6th also has something to do about functionality and solving a problem?

The Moon is in the sign of Bridges and Mars in the other Venus-ruled sign, Taurus. The are those two signs or domains that are alotted to the angel of Mankind or 'Planet of Existance'.

The Song to represent Norway in D?sseldorf, Germany, was elected on Saturday, February 13. In view of the Moon in the 12th degree of Gemini, the winning entry was a song called 'Haba Haba', written and performed by the Kenyan-born Stella Nyambura Mwangi .

In addition to Gemini-principle reflecting the dualistic title 'Haba Haba', the artist, Stella, has two nationalities, Norwegian and Kenyan, and the song is sung in two languages: English and native Kenyan.

According to schedule, the show ended at about 22.00 CST, so the winner must have been announced about 10 minutes earlier by a rough guess. Stella Nyambura Mwangi is born in Nairobi, Kenya on September 1. 1986.

Eurovision 2011 (Link)

All the competing nations and entries are ready, so I have renamed the thread. The current rating at Betfair is:

France, Amaury Vassili, "Sognu"; Odds 7:1
Estonia, Getter Jaani, "Rockefeller Street"; Odds 8:1
United Kingdom, Blue, "I Can"; Odds 11:1
Sweden, Eric Saade, "Popular"; Odds 11:1
Norway, Stella Mwangi, "Haba Haba"; Odds 14:1
Germany, Lena, "Taken by a Stranger"; Odds 14:1

Initially, the Nowegian entry had a high ranking and was the early favourite at 5:1 but all prices are likely to change as we get nearer the event.

New contributions to the thread are most welcome! :)

Odds: Nicerodds, Online Betting-Guide