Janis wrote:Andrew, Moon casts her antisca to Pisces IC (13PI20).
Connecting to the angle, but you are quite right. Thank you! :'
Paul wrote:This isn't really an astrological contribution but I actually quite like Serbia's this year. Also as for the MC aspecting the Sun, couldn't Sweden's Popular be descriptive of this as well? I quite like that song actually.
Interesting you should say this. Apart from that France appear as the outright favorite by odds (and that doesn't mean they necessarily win), in my mind, there at least 6 entries that 'could win this year. And that is before Sweden and Serbia as you mention! :shock:

In terms of 'Popular', I had wondered whether the significator should be Mercury (common), the Moon (public) or Jupiter (benevolant). It never crossed my mind to associate the Swdish entry with the Sun, yet if the Lights or Fortunes were angular then this could have indicated a popular favorite. However, with the antiscia of the Moon being on the IC as Janis points out, it could go either way for the Moon - either fortify her or bury her. In the case of the latter that means that the result of the contest is hidden and obscure and could open the door for an underdog.

There such a wide specter of entries this year divided into different genre. It almost like a painting of Piccaso. I think if a song has the ability to collect a lot of '8's' and '10's' (not necessarily the most 12's) then is stands a good chance of coming up as the winner. I am absolutely stunned (read 'petrified') by the Irish entry coming up among the favorites towards the end of the bookmaker's auction. I thnk the song is terrible, but what an energy these guys have got and what a show. :lol:
http://www.astronor.com

I agree with you, Andrew, that Moon casting antisca to Pisces IC may import a surprise, a chance for an underdog.

Moon is placed in Libra in the 11th conjunct Saturn (though seperating). I prefer using Placidus houses in an event chart; this puts Cancer intercepted in the 8th and Leo on the 9th cusp. The 8th rules banking and and big business (when bing banking capital circulates). In my opinion, its decriptive of Rockefeller Street. International business is concentrated in Manhattan (Cancer intercepted in the 8th with the Moon in 11th (business money)).

If we look at the stage's architecture when the song is performed, its all Saturn in Libra, a moveable and airy sign - shabby tall buildings, robust shapes, etc.

Saturn' s position in XI in Libra reminds the man in whose name the street is named. John D. Rockefeller was an oil tycoon (Saturn) and reknown of as a philanthropist (XI house).

The lyrics also remind Moon and Saturn conjunct in Libra (the fall of the Sun):
Daylight is fading away
Night silhouettes in the sky
Led lights are flashing on towers
It?s Manhattan?s magical time

Saturn in an airy sign and XI house (towers); Moon - artificial lights. If we take the Sun's position on the West angle it' s also decriptive of Rockefeller Street (Daylight is fading away). Sun is the almuten of the 5th (song contest) and in mutual reception with Venus, the lady of the hour, and who is the dispositor of Moon and Saturn.

As the event unfolds, Saturn and Moon will culminate on MC.

Azerbaijan!! :o
MattG wrote:Based on that I am going for a SW European country, ruled by Aries and represented by a male/female duo.
Points to MattG for spotting the male/female duo. :'
Janis wrote:I agree with you, Andrew, that Moon casting antisca to Pisces IC may import a surprise, a chance for an underdog.
Well, that was certainly right. The voting was everywhere, and favorites like France, UK and Germany didn't really make it at all. And where was Estonia?? But Sweden did score with 'Popular', and they even wrote the Azerbaijan entry!! :shock:
I wrote:Now we have had opportunity to listen to the entries. I have to be honest, while ?Lipstick?, representing Taurus-ruled Ireland, is likely to rock a wide audience, I don?t think it is going to make it to the top this year. If I was to swap cards and exchange one Taurus nation for another, I would probably go for Azerbaijan ? but this is South East of D?sseldorf and does not agree with the initial prediction.
But really, Azerbaijan had me foxed. The melody had me hooked immediately, but I thought the text was wierd. I am sure we shall discuss this further. Several artists appeared to have trouble with the sound and this may have influenced the result for some of those depending on a clear mix. Yet, I thought the show and visual effects were terrific! :)

Where did you get that Azerbaijan is a Taurus country, Andrew? That makes sense.

The chart had too much of Venus dominion. Venus ruled the our and was dispositor of the Moon and the Sun. From football charts I know that such testimony is conclusive, we do not need to look for anything else.

The Sun (the only angular planet) being in Taurus directed us to SE. The Moon in East quarter also directed us to SE. There were a number of planets about to leave Aries and enter Taurus.

Where did you get that Azerbaijan is a Taurus country, Andrew? That makes sense.
It find it listed in R.E.Bills 'Rulership Book' - which I find rather useful, although the cross-reference on source could have been more developed.

One of the things I will be asking myself in the aftermath is how early my early ideas on the event chart picked out 3 of the top favorites, UK, ireland and France, yet on the night they 'flopped'. There was nothing disgraceful with the perfomance with either the Irish, British or French, although Jedward were probably better in the semi-finals and the sound may have played tricks on 'Blue' and Amary Vassili. France were King at Bookmakers and ended no.15 with 82 points ! :shock:

It just wonder if there is any correlation between the placement of Moon, the lord of hour and the lord of 4th house in prediting who will be the host of the next Eurovision. May be we need to symplify our techniques and to judge by majority of factors, as usually one does when looking for a missing object, and then combine discretion with art.

Sensations usually happen when there is a disagreement between ASC sign, its lord and lord of hour. It doesn't matter if it is a football chart, a horse race chart.

If there is an agreement, we can expect to win a one with short odds, if there is no agreement, a one with longer odds may be a choice from the region selected as above.

In Eurovision 2011 chart all the factors above clearly pointed to SE.

It just wonder if there is any correlation between the placement of Moon, the lord of hour and the lord of 4th house in prediting who will be the host of the next Eurovision
I agree with you Janis. this is an interesting question, and I also think that the Moon in Libra coming off Saturn and the square to Pluto had something to do with the title 'Running Scared' - but I am not quite settled on the story yet. Sometimes I also think the title of a song like this may reflect something about where we are collectively - socially and economically, which gives a few thoughts to chew on...

There is also something in the packet here about how the nations from Eastern Europe and Balkan voted Azerbaijan to victory. But the voting was such a mixed bag. The UK were at the top at an early stage. The greatest disapointment for France. Azerbaijan have had a good try at winning for several years now, yet this song was imported from Sweden!

Goca wrote:Moon was in Via combust way, so leading to an unpredictable outcome.
Good input, Goca, but simplified I hope - because I don't want to buy it. Or rather, I hate saying something can't be done, to get out of a technical fix. With a twist and a turn it is there or should be examined. We might not have to say that something cannot be predicted, but to look for something unexpected and less obvious - yes. Maybe also lean with Janis' observation the Moon cast her antiscia to the IC, which either hides the result, promotes the outsider or the tables were turned upside down. Or maybe we could re-write the Moon's condition in the 'Fiery Way' and say it it was in the 'Scarey Way'. In that case the title 'Running Scared' would be appropriate. :'

My problem with the chart would be realizing the importance of the Moon and what effect it had on judgement. I was sat with Aries, Taurus or Leo - and my assumption of direction, i.e. SouthWest, was wrong. Unless picking the top favorites are a part of the chart? :???:

The winning title 'Running Scared' does also have a bit of being in the dark and 4th house topic about it. Lack of security. When reading a chart it's common to think tht it's always the strongest planet or aspect that is the line of least resistance and that works. But that isn't what turned up here? Maybe people were not conscious of the title 'Running Scared' but voted for a nice song and Azerbaijan?