According to JFrawley: " The chart is set for the time transmission began. Regard the planets as standing still, then move the MC forward until it forms a major aspect with one of the planets."
Here the first aspected planet is Su in 7 house. That means some country from west; according to odds most chance have UK and Ireland. And because title "I can" better fits with Su then "Lipstick" (it would better fits with Ve for example), I go for UK. Next, Su represent male singer and being in fixed sign, in my opinion, somehow do not fits with group who sing this song :???: I expect one singer not group.
Greetings,
Goca
http://www.astrosport07.webs.com
http://fensi88.livejournal.com/

Amary Vassili was born June 8. 1989 in Rouen, France. That puts his natal Sun in the 18th degree of Gemini in conjunction with Jupiter. A Sunirise chart puts Aquarius on the Midheaven with Saturn in Capricorn in conjunction with Neptune, 'Dream'.

'Blue' had their debut with the single 'All Rise' that was released on May 15. 2001. That means that the band will be celebrating a 10 year jubilee on the day after the Eurovision final. The chart for the release of 'All Rise' shows Jupiter in the 17th degree of Gemini, or 16GE36' if applying a Sunrise chart. It is interesting to note the closeness of Jupiter with the position held in the natal chart of Vassili.

Denmark are entering with the song 'A Friend in London' performed by the group 'New Tomorrow'. Could this be an indication of where things are heading?

My first bet goes with the United Kingdom!
http://www.astronor.com

I have had another little think after Goca's useful input and would just to like to add to my conviction for the United Kingdom. There are good arguments for France, but I think that if 'Sognu' or 'Dream' were to win there should have been more water in the chart. The chart is mostly earth-fire. The BIG Give-Away is Mars. Mars is vazarite, meaning more than 15? separate the Sun and recently departed from the Sun's Beams. From 15? - 30? is a state of exhilaration and joy, akin to a soldior that has just come out of the war, and if this person has the wish to do good, he is most likely to show it at this time. The problem for 'Sognu' is that the song is about the evening before the battle, while the position of Mars quite clearly indicates that the battle is over.

When a significator is vazarite there is no limitation to what that person CAN do. The emphasis on fire and earth in the chart are useful for practical ambition. I understand the Moon in Libra in the 11th house as indicative of the reunited Boyband 'BLUE'. The Moon in Libra could be a Blue Moon. Luna applies to a bi-quintile to the Sun, which I understand as an intuitive perspective on how things are put together and work in the world. This may express an opportunity to show refined knowledge and understanding, or readily demonstrate what CAN BE done. It is a finesse.

Virgo is on the 10th. Mars, ruler of the 1st and the 5th, is in 6th - with an emphasis on function. Function belongs to the Moon, who casts her antiscia to the 10th, but 'function and aptness' does also belong to Mercury, the Winged Messanger, who is Lord of the 10th and conjunct the benefic Venus in Aries. 'Good News! Sure I can. No need to wait. C'mon!' Actually Mercury is beseiged by the benefics Jupiter and Venus, and is in the process completing a translation of the beams of Jupiter forward to Venus. Jupiter disposes the Moon's North Nodes in Sagittarius and is in their degrees by trine. It is good news, or a positive reunion - I am sure.

Then there are all the exchanges of large and lesser dignities to be considered. Mars and Sun in Taurus are both received by Venus in Aries, who has a platform, seeing that she is in her own face. It is Venus, the dispositor of the Moon, who gets set up and tied into the chart in Aries (Britain). But more significantly she is in conjunction with that agile Jack-of-all-trades, Mercury. Mercury has an interesting mixed reception with Mars; Mercury being in Mars' domicile, but Mars in the face of Mercury. My take on mixed receptions may be subject to discussion (Link), but I'll take the opportunity to exercise my thinking anyhow: The exchange of sign and face shows someone acting correctly and with a pleasing style; good relevance, a welcome, strong and trustworthy representation. It is a situation of admission and ability, being provided the opportunity to show your pennies worth. Mercury, Lord of the 10th, conjunct Venus in Aries, who is in mutual reception with Mars, Lord of the 1st, in the exaltation degree of the Moon on the cusp of the 6th. This spells 'I CAN' to me. Well, at least these are my reasons for going with the British. We'll see! :)
Last edited by Andrew Bevan on Sun Apr 24, 2011 6:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

Betting strategy

Some of us enjoy the excitement of playing the games that we put effort into. Putting our money where our mouth is - so to speak. Along those terms, an alternative to a sensible strategy would be ?20 on the UK at an odds of 10:1 and ?10 on France at an odds of 5:1. This way if the UK do snap the victory then profits on the total investment is ?170. However, if France, the favorite, still come through - then you still have a profit of ?20. :wink:

yuzuru wrote:Using ACG, I find support for Sweden, Norway or Estonia. I heard "Haba Haba" and didn?t find particularly interesting, but I am not familiar with Eurovision preferences. So, I don?t have enought evidence to say what song I think it would win... I think that "popular" and "Rockefeller Street" will have a good reception.
Yuzuru did make some interesting comments on Estonia, which unfortunately I failed to follow up. The Astro*Cartography could offer some interesting detail as to what is going on and where to focus. Either way, Estonia does come out as a 'winner' with the positive focus that has been on their nation with 'Rockefeller Street' coming so high in the polls. I do see this as one of the purposes of the contest

However, I notice that at bookmakers like Betfair, the UK has now passed Estonia and is ranked 2nd favorite at 8,8:1 behind France that continues to attract 4,4:1. The odds on the UK are coming down, and they were at high as 11:1 only a few weeks ago.

Considering that Europe is a 'relatively' small place or condensed area, I think it is the gathering of several testimonies, such as song title, lyrics, nationality and details of the artist - that leads up to the right answer. And there is still room for suprizes. :)

Swedish panel have their say

An unpretentious panel on Swedish television have had their say regarding this years Eurovision entries. They have Hungary as their personal favourite and suggest that Portugal will come out bottom with zero points.

Top 5:
Obviously, the Swedish have a liking for the Scandinavian entries - so I don't think this pre-voting should be taken for more than it is.

Bottom 3:

The United Kingdom were not among the top five, but one of the commentators passed a comment on something I also had noticed. That is that the French entry reminds of the national anthem of Russia. This is interesting in view of Mars in Taurus in the exaltation (!!) degree of the Moon, ie. like a national anthem. The French entry is very powerful and it was spotted in advance. It could be that the angular Sun, Moon casting antiscia to the MC and Mars in the exaltation degree of the Moon indicates a favorite win. One week to go and then the votes on the day will show the result! :)

Bookmakers have been changing there prices as the event has been drawing near. According to their figures there is one outright favorite now and that is France at 2,75:1. Next is the United Kingdom and Estonia at about 8:1 and 11:1. Prices bobbing up and down a bit and fluctating from one bookmaker to another.

When Rybakk won for Norway in 2009 odds were about 2,5:1 and below 2:1 at certain betting companies as the event commenced. With Lena in 2010 the odds were about 5:1 (off the top of my head), although bookmakers had Azerbaijan at the top with Israel also being an early favourite.

France have a great song performed by a great artist. The question is whether the Eurovision audience will go for the opera tenor, or whether an updrive beat is more in the favor of a voting youth. :)

Goca, about Frawley' s method to move the 10th cusp until it meets a planet by an aspect. This planet is the winner.

I suppose this technique is a derivative of Addey' s method (which Frawley describes in Sports Astrology) how to predict the winner in a horse race.

Does Frawley use only major aspects and disregard minor ones? If we use minor aspects the first aspect is a semisextile to the Moon in Libra (16:40) in the 11th house. It may import a female singer (for instance, the girl from Estonia).

Janis wrote:Does Frawley use only major aspects and disregard minor ones? If we use minor aspects the first aspect is a semisextile to the Moon in Libra

Not forgetting that the Moon casts her antiscia to the MC!!

Golly, I thought I was offering Goca some friendly support when I gave Serbia a vote on Tuesday. :-?

If Estonia is considered an option, it is possible to support the entry at the price of 18:1, which is a terrific result if they do succeed. The thought has struck me that some nations probably back their entries at the bookmakers as a part of a marketing campaign. It is a relative means of attracting the public attention. :sg