View memberlist
View/edit your user profile
Recent additions:
A Correct Prediction: the NYC buiding strike, 1991
by Robert E. Zoller
Book II of Carmen Astrologicum by Dorotheus
translated by David Pingree
Compiled by Deborah Houlding
Astrology and Cosmology in Early China: Conforming Earth to Heaven, by David W. Pankenier
Reviewed by Gill Zukovskis

Skyscript Astrology Forum

Eurovision 2011
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Andrew Bevan

Posted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 11:37 am    Post subject: Eurovision 2011 Reply with quote

A preludium to the Eurovision 2011

I'm starting this thread well early, I confess, but never mind - here goes. It does not contain a prediction on who will win next years event, but it is more a preludium or study of how events seek a path before dropping into place. This one in particular changes its course on the way, and this we may agree has an influence on the final outcome. And that discussion might be interesting.

With Lena Meyer-Landrudt winning the Eurovision Song Contest held in Oslo on 29. May 2010, the Germans are set to arrange the 2011 Eurovision event. Where - has yet to be decided. There are 8 cities competing for the favour of the NDR, next years host broadcaster. These are: Hamburg, Hannover, Berlin, Gelsenkirchen, Düsseldorf, Cologne, Frankfurt and Munich. The winning city is to be announced in September. Germany is a large and wide-streched nation and location is going to be deciding as to which planets end up as angular in the chart.

First reports stated that the Eurovision final was to be held on 21. May 2011. This would have put the Sun in the first degree of Gemini and that could have been interesting, particularly if the Sun was angular, which could have been the case if the hosting city turned out to be Berlin and assuming that the program started at 21.00 CST. (Here was me trying to work out the lyrics already Smile ). However, in the same way as the 2010 contest was postponed one week to avoid colliding with the Champions League final, the European Broadcasting Union (EBU) has decided to move 2011 Song Contest arrangement ahead one week for the same reasons. This means that the final of the Eurovision Song Contest 2011 is to be held on 14. May 2011 - and that will provide a different chart altoghether!!

It still remains to see which city will be chosen to host the 2011 event, but it has been said Lena Meyer-Landrudt will represent Germany also in the 2011 competition and try to defend her title. Several artists have participated in the Eurovision Song Contest more times than one, with Johnny Logan winning as both artist and song writer - but never before has an artist attempted to defend a title and succeeded in winning it in two consecutive years!

Last edited by Andrew Bevan on Fri Mar 25, 2011 9:54 am; edited 1 time in total
aglaya

Posted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Already? (You want more money, admit it!) Lala Happy

I actually started visiting this section of forum more regularly after reading your posts in the last Eurovision thread and I intend to be a regular visitor here as well!

Quote:
First reports stated that the Eurovision final was to be held on 21. May 2011. T... However, in the same way as the 2010 contest was postponed one week to avoid colliding with the Champions League final,... This means that the final of the Eurovision Song Contest 2011 is to be held on 14. May 2011 - and that will provide a different chart altoghether!!

And they already know the date??? Well, that is something only Germans can do! Very Happy Thumbs up

Quote:
(Here was me trying to work out the lyrics already ).

I can tell! Very Happy

Last edited by aglaya on Wed Jul 14, 2010 11:10 am; edited 1 time in total
Andrew Bevan

Posted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aglaya wrote:
Quote, Andrew:
(Here was me trying to work out the lyrics already Smile ).

After 'winning the contest twice' I thought I would enter with my own song next year, got halfway into the second verse but after they changed the date I trashed the project... Wink
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The NDR broadcasting company have their main seat in Hamburg but also broadcast from Hanover. This could make either of these cities, Hamburg in particular, top candidate to host the Eurovision Song Contest 2011. That is in contest with other giant metropols like Berlin, Cologne and Münich. Düsseldorf and Frankfurt undoubtedly have much to offer, too. Lena Meyer-Landrut is born in Hanover, by the way.

The Moon will be in Libra on 14. May 2011, the day that has been decided for the 2011 finals. The Moon's location by sign shouldn't be a lead to who will be hosting the event, but we do regard it as a casual significator of where the action is going on. R.E.Bills 'Rulership Book' quotes Berlin as Leo, Frankfurt as Libra, Cologne as Sagittarius and Hamburg as Aquarius. Lilly also refers to Frankfurt as Libra and Hamburg as Aquarius. It is likely that Lilly is Bills source on that matter, but I have no idea regarding the origin.

When it comes Düsseldorf, Hanover and Münich I find no astrological references, but as a startingpoint I would like to propose Düsseldorf as Gemini (an important international business and financial centre reknown for its fashion and trade fairs), Hanover as Virgo (a major crossing point of railway lines and highways, with regional importance due to its universities and medical school), and Münich as Cancer (the capital city of Bavaria, and the name is derived from the word 'Monks').

Link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eurovision_Song_Contest_2011
aglaya

Posted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andrew Bevan wrote:

When it comes Düsseldorf, Hanover and Münich I find no astrological references, ........and Münich as Cancer (the capital city of Bavaria, and the name is derived from the word 'Monks').

Hi, Andrew!

Munich ( Munchen) was founded by Henry the Lion on June 14, 1158 which puts the Sun in Gemini. But, it wasn't until the year 1175. that it was granted city status (that is also when the first fortification was built in the Munich area). unfortunately, there is no mention of the date on which the document was signed (not in the texts written in English, anyway).. It has been the capital of Bavaria since1180 (again, no date).
Lilly says that Bavaria could be ruled by Saturn but, then again, there is more then one place mentioned in CA that gets double rulership.

In the book "Star Names: Their Lore and Meaning", Richard H. Allen puts Frankfurt and Vienna under the rulership of Libra and Venus :

Quote:
{Page 275}It was of influence, too, over commerce, as witness Ben Jonson in The Alchemist:

His house of Life being Libra: which foreshowed

He should be a merchant, and should trade with balance;

and governed the lumbar region of the human body. Its modem reign has been over Alsace, Antwerp, Austria, Aethiopia, Frankfurt, India, Lisbon, Livonia, Portugal, Savoy, Vienna, and our Charleston; but in classical times over Italy and, naturally enough from its history, especially over Rome, with Vulcan as its guardian. It thus became Vulcani Sidus.

Wouldn't know about Dusseldorf.

Quote:
After 'winning the contest twice' I thought I would enter with my own song next year

Sitting at your piano (and delineating charts) already ?

Very Happy Lala Happy
Andrew Bevan

Posted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Sitting at your piano (and delineating charts) already ?

I do actually have a musical career (amateur) behind me and played in an orchestra providing the music for the World Championship i Latin American dancing a few decades ago. There was also a third place in the National Championships for brass bands. My manner of addressing the piano would be considered an embarrassment (and my dancing is a joke...), but I do take so pride in coming with input on the lyrics side to a band that recently and still does top Norwegian charts. Smile

Thanks for the background info on German cities. Thumbs up
Andrew Bevan

Posted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Düsseldorf got it and the final will be held on 14. May 2011!
How fun!! I have connections there! Smile

Now it is possible to begin casting charts - assuming that the show starts the same time at in Oslo. But I guess it's a good idea to get the time confirmed before we get too deep into the work. Cool

Link: Oct. 12 - Düsseldorf win Contest for Eurovision 2011.
Andrew Bevan

Posted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eurovision 2011, the Finals
Assuming that the show starts at 21.00 CEST, as is customary

The Sun angular in Taurus on the cusp of the 7th is quite impressive. May that take us SouthWest?
Mercury, Lord of the 10th applies to Venus in Aries. Mars, L5, is in the exaltation degree of the Moon and in reception with Venus. Smile

Edited on March 25.2011 to improve graphics

Last edited by Andrew Bevan on Fri Mar 25, 2011 11:42 am; edited 1 time in total
mattG

Posted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Andrew,

Based on that I am going for a SW European country, ruled by Aries and represented by a male/female duo. Galicia seems to be the only choice to fit these criteria. I am looking at a list of country rulership based on Alan Leo.

Just for fun at this stage then, but my first guess is Spain/Galicia.I suppose I could really push the boat out and predict the colour of her dress as well - maybe nearer the time.

Matt
Andrew Bevan

Posted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's interesting! I'm looking for England, Ireland or France, but it IS early days yet. We need the time for the final to be confirmed and then I want to hear a suitable candidate with a topical song.

Great of you to voucher your thoughts at this stage. Smile Thumbs up
Andrew Bevan

Posted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Considering the angular Sun in the 7th house and the Moon in Libra, together with the mutual reception between Mars L5 in the exaltation degree of the Moon and Venus - I wonder whether the topic of the lyrics could reflect partnership, sharing, travel and belonging together. Now there is nothing particularly original about that - but maybe Mars in the 6th also has something to do about functionality and solving a problem?

The Moon is in the sign of Bridges and Mars in the other Venus-ruled sign, Taurus. The are those two signs or domains that are alotted to the angel of Mankind or 'Planet of Existance'.
Andrew Bevan

Posted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Song to represent Norway in Düsseldorf, Germany, was elected on Saturday, February 13. In view of the Moon in the 12th degree of Gemini, the winning entry was a song called 'Haba Haba', written and performed by the Kenyan-born Stella Nyambura Mwangi .

In addition to Gemini-principle reflecting the dualistic title 'Haba Haba', the artist, Stella, has two nationalities, Norwegian and Kenyan, and the song is sung in two languages: English and native Kenyan.

According to schedule, the show ended at about 22.00 CST, so the winner must have been announced about 10 minutes earlier by a rough guess. Stella Nyambura Mwangi is born in Nairobi, Kenya on September 1. 1986.
Andrew Bevan

Posted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eurovision 2011 (Link)

All the competing nations and entries are ready, so I have renamed the thread. The current rating at Betfair is:

France, Amaury Vassili, "Sognu"; Odds 7:1
Estonia, Getter Jaani, "Rockefeller Street"; Odds 8:1
United Kingdom, Blue, "I Can"; Odds 11:1
Sweden, Eric Saade, "Popular"; Odds 11:1
Norway, Stella Mwangi, "Haba Haba"; Odds 14:1
Germany, Lena, "Taken by a Stranger"; Odds 14:1

Initially, the Nowegian entry had a high ranking and was the early favourite at 5:1 but all prices are likely to change as we get nearer the event.

New contributions to the thread are most welcome! Smile

Odds: Nicerodds, Online Betting-Guide
yuzuru

Posted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

assuming this is the correct chart to use, and that the finalist will be in this list, I would say that the winner will have lunar symbolism (Moon is antiscia MC and opposing fortuna) or solar (sun is an angle). The problem is that I see too many songs with the same symbolism!

Sun - "I can" and "Haba-Haba" (maybe "popular")

Moon - "popular" and "sognu" and maybe Rockefeller Street.

Taken by a stranger seem to be martial and Rockefeller street of venus nature.

Using ACG, I find support for Sweden, Norway or Estonia.

I heard "Haba Haba" and didn´t find particularly interesting, but I am not familiar with Eurovision preferences.

So, I don´t have enought evidence to say what song I think it would win... I think that "popular" and "Rockefeller Street" will have a good reception.

The next phase would be to see the chart of every day that one of those songs were chosen... but I am don´t know them, and I will definitely not have the energy to look for it :-P
Janis Valkovskis

Posted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Although it's a little bit premature to judge who is going to win, from the lyrics viewpoint the first candidate is Rockfeller Street. Daylight is fading away, night silhouetes in the sky... Quite appropriate for the setting Sun in Taurus.
It looks like that a young woman, who looks like a femme fatal (voluptuous lips, dark hair, white skin) is going to win - strong reception (by house) between Mars and Venus, in natals it usually gives a very pronounced sexappeal.
Venus, who rules the hour, is conjunct Mercury, L of MC.

At the end of the event, Saturn and Moon will culminate on MC. Saturn does have some association with "Rockfeller", so does the Moon with artificial lights.

The Moon symbolizes the popular vote. In Libra she loves Venus and exalts Saturn. The Moon does not have close aspects after seperation from POF. The closest is injunction with the angular Sun about to set.
Andrew Bevan

Posted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

New Evaluation on the 2011 Contest

I am very pleased with developments in this year’s Eurovision so far. That is considering that as early as October last year the early suggestion that victory may move SouthWest, and that either England, Ireland or France may win. With ‘England’ I do, of course, mean the United Kingdom. I forgot. My mistake. Someone should explain why the United Kingdom is entered into some contests, while the Union is broken down into England, Scotland and Wales in others. However, I am pleased with the development of the prediction, considering it was made BEFORE the songs even were selected. According to Bookmakers, France is favourite by odds, followed by Estonia and with the United Kingdom running 3rd. That is two of my three candidates in the top three!!

Now we have had opportunity to listen to the entries. I have to be honest, while ‘Lipstick’, representing Taurus-ruled Ireland, is likely to rock a wide audience, I don’t think it is going to make it to the top this year. If I was to swap cards and exchange one Taurus nation for another, I would probably go for Azerbaijan – but this is South East of Dûsseldorf and does not agree with the initial prediction.

Matching nation, title and lyrics with the event chart
My opinion is that the winning entry is likely to be that nation that has a suitable entry that comes closest to the event chart at time the final hits off in Düsseldorf at 21.00 CEST on May 14. 2011.
Quote:
Oct.28: I wonder whether the topic of the lyrics could reflect partnership, sharing, travel and belonging together. Now there is nothing particularly original about that - but maybe Mars in the 6th also has something to do about functionality and solving a problem?

Azerbaijan
The trouble with the Azerbaijan entry is that it is called ‘Running Scared’ and the lyrics remind me of someone in desperate consideration of whether to jump of the side of a bridge (Moon in Libra). The song is about a guy so crazy for this girl he’s scared about just about everything… breathing, life, the light, the dark. All the same, he seems to think this demonstrates satisfactory strength to attract and protect the girl of his life. I think not. Well, in the event chart there is the mutual reception between Mars and Venus, rulers of the 1st and 7th houses. The Moon has recently separated from the body of Saturn and square of Pluto. That could be about enough to scare the wits out of anyone. But I feel the song misses it’s mark. Mars, lord of the 5th, is in the exaltation degree of the Moon will reach higher. Mars was in the very same degree in Taurus in the horary chart in 1987 that predicted Ireland would win, but here the state of Taurus-urgency was expressed by the phrase 'Hold Me Now!' (Link)

France
The French entry, Sognu ( “Dream” or “I Would Dream About Her” ) does reach higher and could be the winner. The first thing that caused me to pick France as a candidate was the angularity of the Sun. France being ruled by Leo. The nation is also located SouthWest of Germany, as could be shown by the significator in Taurus on the cusp of the 7th house. The song is about a warrior who expresses the dedication to his love on the evening before he is due to go to battle. ‘Dream’ could be an appropriate title for a winning song with planet Neptune recently entering Pisces, but Neptune isn’t significantly tied into the chart. For France’s winning potential it is more important to consider the Moon’s antiscia to the Midheaven, she being the Star of Slumber. And there are many indications that the French entry is a dedication to the Moon. Quote: ‘Dream of her lips, of her soft and pure voice, Of a memory forever embraced, of this night, right by your side.’ I am knelt down in front of the ocean.’ etc. It is powerful poetry.

The Mars is in the exaltation degree of the Moon, in reception with Venus in Aries. As we listen to the music, there are the ‘military’ drums in the background that reminds of Gustav Holst’s masterpiece ‘Mars, The Bringer of War’. Mars is in the 6th house, which according to Van Norstand represents the military forces. Sognu does also have a Romeo-Juliet quality about it and ends with the words “My beloved, if you die, I'll die with you”. Less the reception, Mars and Venus are in the sign of their detriments and they depend upon one another.

United Kingdom
I think this years Eurovision is going to be United Kingdom and France. The UK gets to enjoy the Sun on the cusp of the 7th house, because the Sun is exalted in Aries, signifying Britain, and the direction is still right. And there will have been a Royal Wedding (7th house) that is likely to cause a rally for the Union Jack and national interests for some time to come. Leo is intercepted in the 9th house, which could indicate ‘something on an Island’, if the French favourite doesn’t make it to the finishing line. The song title ‘I Can’ does bear closeness to Obama’s winning slogan during his run for presidency a few years ago: ‘Yes, We Can!' However, the term ‘I Can’ is one of the most obvious expressions of functionality you can get to (i.e. Mars in the 6th) and seeing he is in reception with Venus who is in Aries in conjunction with Mercury, so there is nothing wrong with either readiness or aptness.

In the event chart the Moon is in the 17th degree of Libra in the 11th house and separates from the opposition to the Part of Fortune in the 5th. The entry that is performed by the reunited boy-band ‘Blue’ starts with the lyrics; You were the eyes in the face of fortune, I lost my way and I couldn’t find you. We’re not the first ones to be divided. Won’t be the last to be reunited. And then there is the refrain; “I can, I will, I know, I can untie these hands.“ There is a strong indication to the presence of Mars, Aries and influence of Mercury. The song has a good drumbeat and the title ‘I Can’ addresses itself in an immediate, urgent and direct manner similar to ‘Hold Me Now!' as referred to earlier.

There is also a political consideration being that in a time of such uncertainity in both Europe and the world at large, I think, as last year, the poll will tend to seek out one of the 'Big nations' who play an important part in multi-national economical or political issues, and hold the keys as it were, and a nation that can demonstrate strong national traditions both historically and on a global level.

Maybe France have the best song, but the United Kingdom could still come out as winners.
My best wishes to all entries! Smile

Last edited by Andrew Bevan on Fri Apr 22, 2011 7:03 am; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Sport and Speculation All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: