Can assassinations be prevented? by Elsbeth Ebertin
translated by Jenn Zahrt PhD
A Guide to Interpreting The Great American Eclipse
by Wade Caves
The Astrology of Depression
by Judith Hill
Understanding the mean conjunctions of the Jupiter-Saturn cycle
by Benjamin Dykes
Understanding the zodiac: and why there really ARE 12 signs of the zodiac, not 13
by Deborah Houlding

Skyscript Astrology Forum

Using Secondary Signifactor for Quesited

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Maxz

Posted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 4:22 am    Post subject: Using Secondary Signifactor for Quesited Reply with quote

I looked online but have only found conflicting into on this. The subject matter is a simple 1/7 chart asking "will quesited contact querent?" The primary signifactors don't aspect, but the querent's secondary signifactor does by trines to the querent's signifactor. Is this sufficient for a yes is what I'm unsure about only because Pluto is not traditionally used. What's the consensus on this?

PFN

Posted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do not know about the consensus, but my opinion is that a secondary significator should be used only when the primary ones show potential (except in the case of the Moon, that works as transmiter of influences and is regarded as important as a primary significator to some extent).

What I'm saying is, if there is no promise from primary significators, then I do not even look at secondary ones, since secondary ones are only to reinforce the outcome, not to contradict it.

Also, I strongly advise against using the outer planets as sign rulers (as a matter of fact, I do not advise to use them at all, but that is up to the astrologer, but to use them as rulers is without any foundation, even as co-rulers).

Last edited by PFN on Mon Sep 13, 2010 5:12 am; edited 1 time in total
Maxz

Posted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PFN wrote:
since secondary ones are only to reinforce the outcome, not to contradict them.

That sounds like a good reason not to use them in general. Thank you for the reply.
Tara

Posted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 2:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also this is a late ascendant and the Moon is in the via combusta; in other words the chart is not radical.

Tara
Carol

Posted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 1:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Using Secondary Signifactor for Quesited Reply with quote

Maxz wrote:
...The primary signifactors don't aspect, but the querent's secondary signifactor does by trines to the querent's signifactor. Is this sufficient for a yes is what I'm unsure about only because Pluto is not traditionally used. What's the consensus on this?

I found this chart extremely interesting but read it quite differently from the above, i.e., since primary significator Merc/querent goes direct in about 2 seconds (Actually, by my ephemeris, it already IS direct), isn't it in applying opposition to primary significator Jup./quesited, even though temporarily out of orb? And by this same token, Merc. never does complete the trine to the quesited's secondary significator/Pluto anyway.

But this brings up a similar question I've often wondered about: When 2 main significators are in hard aspect to each other and both extremely strong in their own right (in this case, Merc. and Jup. in opposition and both very essentially dignified and both angular), do their inherent strengths necessarily strengthen the opposition, especially with the 2 main significators in each other's detriment/fall? And how much does the testimony of other conflicting factors by "major players" in the chart increase the likelihood of contact?

The reason I ask is because in the above case I'm assuming it's a romance chart (Moon in the 5th), and I get the feeling they both know it's against their better judgment to have contact (both very essentially dignified), and they're fighting it (in each other's detriments/fall), and indeed it's taking a toll on the querent (SN in the 1st), but there are some extremely strong, subjective/emotional forces compelling them toward it anyway (Moon eventually trines Jup. and is received by Jupiter in its term. Also, even though the Moon is technically very "weak," being in fall, maybe that "weakness" along with the intensity of Scorpio and being in the "flirting with danger" via combusta, might destructively turn into its opposite and be very strong in overcoming the resistance of the "better judgment" main significators.)

And speaking of secondary significators (outers) being used only to confirm the action of the primary traditional significators (as PFN indicated, and which I agree with), in this case, if you use parallel aspects (said to be similar to conjunctions), the contact possibilities of 2 of the primary significators (Jupiter and Moon) are strengthened after all by this factor, since Pluto and Moon are closely parallel.

All in all, I found the above chart especially intriguing regarding the question of "checks and balances" in a horary!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Horary & Electional Astrology All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: