I am so sad when I see that some of astrologers are interpreting chart with the indefinite power of free will.
Well live and let live I say. I think its more important to constantly work on improving our own astrological understanding than worry about what others are getting up too. As a matter of fact I dont personally, hold to the absolute free will view at all. However, that seems a topic more suited to the philosophy bit of the forum. Personally, I would prefer to discuss the natal chart data you offered us. :'

regards

Mark
Last edited by Mark on Tue Jun 15, 2010 3:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
As thou conversest with the heavens, so instruct and inform thy minde according to the image of Divinity William Lilly

I'm sad too Vindex, because we don't seem to be able to get over your problem of not only denying freedom of will, but also freedom of expression, so that other astrologers are able to talk about traditional and modern beliefs and techniques in this forum if they wish. And your earlier comment was utter nonsense because you didn't explain it, or take the opportunity to explain it in your response to Mark.

You've had warnings and private requests so I think we are fated to have ongoing problems; hence I'm closing your account.

Deb
Last edited by Deb on Tue Jun 15, 2010 3:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MarkC wrote:
Thanks. I actually went to the trouble of buying Starry Night and found it didn't work on my new laptop. :( I downloaded the alcyone software above.
Windows 7? I'm very happy with XP in fact....

Code: Select all

Maybe I am not using it correctly but it only seems to give quite approximate ideas of when a star or planet is helically rising or going into cosmical setting. I am not sure you can be definite what date Mars heliacally rose using this software. However, it had undeniably gone into its oriental phase and was recently visible. That would certainly add to its power in the horoscope. 
No, it says the date.
You should go "SETTINGS" and then "SHOW DATE OF VISIBILITY PHENOMENA" according the place.

Anyway i've changed the parameters of arcus visionis as Emanuele told me- thanks so much, he read us- and then according Paulus Alexandrinus influence of heliacal phases is lasting in the following and preceding days.
I thought you followed Ptolemy? Its in its own term (bound) no?
I use the Egyptian terms, but to be honest I did not check :(

I know you follow CieloeTerra on fixed stars which advocates only using the technique of in mundo positions for stars. However, I often find zodiacal projection still works. Moreover, it was used by all astrologers throughout the tradition from the ancient Greeks to 17th century. I have the software to plot in mundo stars. However, its sometimes not as revealing as the zodiacal projection technique for star close to the ecliptic in my experience. Of course I still check out in mundo star positions too.
I mostly consider stars at the angles, anyway what traditional astrologers said about fixed stars is not so clear for me: they use a so large orb that what they meant it's occult for me.

We a had a long discussion on this thread before you joined in about how one cannot base a whole delineation on just one factor. We were discussing planets in late in degrees but it applies to fixed stars too. You simply cannot determine if a person will be 'evil' or violent from just one fixed star. Many might say say you cannot even get that from the full horoscope!
I agree.

However, the star may bring up a theme that may be relevant in an overall delineation. I have so far found this star to be linked to themes around death and the underworld. The example of the surgeon you gave working in war zones is an example of someone working in that kind of environment in a very positive way.
It's a strange coincidence. Two men very different, like the day and the night. A general on trial for war crimes- anyway I don't know anything about this general, just what it is written in this thread- and a man who fights war helping the victims, whatever side and religion they are.

This was HP Lovecraft the horror/supernatural writer. He had Algorab exactly on the ascendant. I think we need to get away from over literalist or reductionist thinking.
Corvus is very proper for Lovecraft....

margherita
Traditional astrology at
http://heavenastrolabe.wordpress.com

No, it says the date.
So it does! What a cool bit of software. and free too!
....according Paulus Alexandrinus influence of heliacal phases is lasting in the following and preceding days
I can follow the logic of suggesting the effects last longer than the first day of brief visibility before the Sun rises. However. you state Paulus Alexandrinus considered the effect of heliacal rising in the days preceding the appearance of a planet? I dont follow the logic of that bit. Surely the whole point is a planet becoming visible again?
Windows 7? I'm very happy with XP in fact....
Yes. Annoying as I never had problems downloading Starlight or Solar Fire. It was a particular version of Starry Night that I think has given a quite a few problems. :???:

Mark
As thou conversest with the heavens, so instruct and inform thy minde according to the image of Divinity William Lilly