Hi Ficina,

Workforce "sounds" very good indeed!

As for the Campanus/5th... The cusp is at 22AQ14; the Moon is at 22PI32; Mercury is at 22TA43. Too close, I mean a delay of 3 minutes, and the aspect is gone (separating) even with Mercury.

In case of a start on time, one could say that the aspect with the Moon is a semi-sextile, which doesn't count, so go with the Mercury-square. But what if, semi-sextiles are important and must be considered? The exact rules of this method have never been clear for me.

Thanks for your thoughts, everyone.
would fortuna conj MC indicate a win for the favourite?
Possibly, although POF conjunct an angle has occasionally led us astray in the past. However, a case might be made for the favourite, Jan Vermeer. Moon (MC ruler) in Pisces sextile Mercury in Taurus, together with Libra rising, sounds quite 'arty' although it would probably be better if Venus itself were more involved.

(Interesting that the Grand National chart also had Moon/Pisces sextile Mercury/Taurus!)

Daz, am I imagining things or did you originally mention At First Sight? That horse was supposed to be the pacemaker (setting the pace, then fading away) but it obviously had other ideas and went for it! Would've been a great each-way bet at 100/1 :shock:

taurean wrote:Hi Ficina,

Workforce "sounds" very good indeed!

As for the Campanus/5th... The cusp is at 22AQ14; the Moon is at 22PI32; Mercury is at 22TA43. Too close, I mean a delay of 3 minutes, and the aspect is gone (separating) even with Mercury.

In case of a start on time, one could say that the aspect with the Moon is a semi-sextile, which doesn't count, so go with the Mercury-square. But what if, semi-sextiles are important and must be considered? The exact rules of this method have never been clear for me.
Hi Taurean

Workforce "worked" for this method too.. moon, the people, (in pisces, service/groups..) in 6th of slaves : ) So I assume race was dead on time? Yes, semisextiles can work (and there was another testimony from Ficina's method)
Unfortunately, I went for a late start and looked at mercury on 8th cusp.. Bullet Train.. came last : ) Also fancied Midas Touch.

I think there is evidence here for campanus 5th giving 1st, 2nd and 3rd.. moon as mentioned, mercury was next aspect.. (sight according to Bills).. and 3rd aspect was to antiscia of plutoRx in 3rd.. Rewilding meaning ecological restoration of a "neighbourhood".. perfect!

Bonnati gave mars at 29 leo in 11th.. in terms and face so winner not a favourite, but with some credibility. I think Workforce was about 3rd fav so fits? Yet mars was with regulus... o well, good learning.
Ficina wrote:However, a case might be made for the favourite, Jan Vermeer. Moon (MC ruler) in Pisces sextile Mercury in Taurus, together with Libra rising, sounds quite 'arty' although it would probably be better if Venus itself were more involved.
Jan Vermeer, fav until Dettori horse took over, was strong in the chart.. chart ruler venus, artist, in cancer, Holland, close to 10th.. famous Dutch artist, an old master. lol

Well done Ficina, hope it was a big bet! Daz too!

Roll on Royal Ascot in 2 weeks!

PallasAthene wrote:So I assume race was dead on time?
Hi PallasAthene,

yes, according to ATR, 16:00:29, 5th cusp at 22AQ21, first aspecting the Moon.

And, thx for your explanation!