Can assassinations be prevented? by Elsbeth Ebertin
translated by Jenn Zahrt PhD
A Guide to Interpreting The Great American Eclipse
by Wade Caves
The Astrology of Depression
by Judith Hill
Understanding the mean conjunctions of the Jupiter-Saturn cycle
by Benjamin Dykes
Understanding the zodiac: and why there really ARE 12 signs of the zodiac, not 13
by Deborah Houlding

Skyscript Astrology Forum

Audio introduction to traditional mundane astrology

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ben

Posted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 12:17 am    Post subject: Audio introduction to traditional mundane astrology Reply with quote

Hi all,

I thought participants in the mundane section of the site might be interested in a recent audio lecture I gave on traditional mundane astrology. One half covers Ptolemy and the use of Ptolemaic methods, and the other covers general ideas in conjunctional theory and mundane time lords. There was a lot of mathematics and traditional astronomy I had to digest in order to understand a lot of the scholarly material out there on it (e.g., Pingree, Kennedy, van Hoesen, etc). These topics run in parallel with my new series of mundane translations. I published the first volume (on the Ptolemaic inheritance) recently, and am at work on the second volume, which will focus on conjunctional theory and mundane time lords and ingresses.

If you're interested, the downloadable audio lecture is at: http://www.bendykes.com/audio/astrologylectures.php

The download also has slides and a handout. It costs $15.

The first mundane volume is at: http://www.bendykes.com/astrology-world.php

Last edited by Ben on Thu Oct 31, 2013 3:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
dragonqueen

Posted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 2:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Audio introduction to traditional mundane astrology Reply with quote

[quote="Ben"]Hi all,

I thought participants in the mundane section of the site might be interested in a recent audio lecture I gave on traditional mundane astrology. One half covers Ptolemy and the use of Ptolemaic methods, and the other covers general ideas in conjunctional theory and mundane time lords. There was a lot of mathematics and traditional astronomy I had to digest in order to understand a lot of the scholarly material out there on it (e.g., Pingree, Kennedy, van Hoesen, etc). These topics run in parallel with my new series of mundane translations. I published the first volume (on the Ptolemaic inheritance) recently, and am at work on the second volume, which will focus on conjunctional theory and mundane time lords and ingresses.

If you're interested, the audio lecture is at: http://www.bendykes.com/audio/astrologylectures.php

The download also has slides and a handout.

The first mundane volume is at: http://www.bendykes.com/astrology-world.php[/quote
Interesting that you didnt mention we have to pay
Ben

Posted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Dragonqueen,

Thank you for your kind reminder--yes, like all of my audio workshops and lectures, there is a fee. I've updated the post.

Best,
Ben Dykes
Mark

Posted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Ben,

These lectures look excellent value. For anyone with an interest in traditional techniques in mundane astrology these lectures look invaluable. I certainly plan to sign up myself.

Thanks

Mark
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Mundane & Financial Astrology All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: