Has anyone ever tried...

I'm wondering if anyone has ever conducted any experiments with putting the planets for the team around the chart for the game?

This would be the easiest way to differentiate between charts that are identical, as in Frawley's famous snooker tounament example.

Seems like a very obvious thing to do, but I don't recall seeing anyone working on it. But then I don't read all the posts.

Regards,

Bob

The natal chart, ignoring for the moment what we mean by 'natal chart'.

I did a few preliminary experiments using charts for some rather extreme games (upsets, etc.), and there were angular contacts between the charts.

Want to see if anyone has done any work on this before I go further.

Bob

Some of us did a lot of work on this last year. I personally found that contacts between the teams' planets and match chart MC worked best (preferably trines). Also teams' planets conjunct match chart Asc or Desc (other aspects didn't work). Nodes conjunct MC/IC also worked well. Planet to planet contacts (i.e. transits) didn't seem to be very effective, although conjunctions sometimes worked.

In most cases there also needed to be some favourable indication in the match chart itself, particularly for underdogs.

Thanks for the input. A couple of questions:

1> Was this work posted on the site, and if so, could you give me a link?
2> What were you using for the teams' chart? I use a chart for the first game of the season, relacated to the site of the game.
3> When you say, for example, that a conjunction to the MC was good (or whatever, I just made that up), did you factor in which team was in the first house of the game chart? Or is the MC the MC for both teams?

The nice thing about my method is that I don't have to worry about who is in the first.

Thanks again,

Bob

Was this work posted on the site, and if so, could you give me a link?
Yes, it was posted but will not be easy to find unfortunately because it was included in analyses of various games in the monthly football predictions threads.
What were you using for the teams' chart?
It varied and we did quite a lot of research on this - (a) the foundation date, (b) the date of the first recorded game or (c) the date when the team's name was changed to the one it is now known by.
When you say, for example, that a conjunction to the MC was good (or whatever, I just made that up), did you factor in which team was in the first house of the game chart? Or is the MC the MC for both teams?
In this scenario I considered the MC as the 'winning post' for both teams, but the Asc and Desc as 'belonging to' the home and away teams respectively.

Thanks again for the input.

I tried looking for those earlier posts, but couldn't find anything. They must be well hidden!

How did you handle the question of relocation? The home team in a given game may not have played it's first game at it's home site, and the visiting team will only rarely have played it's first game at the location of 'today's game'.

In the work I have been doing I have found a clear preference for the charts being relocated to the location of the game.

You have an interesting situation when using the chart for the first game of the current season, in that (this year, at least) all the teams (baseball, National League only) played their first game on the same day. Therefore, only the angles and Fortuna are different. So, in a situation such as this, where we're putting the team chart around the game chart, all the planet/angle contacts will be the same, but the angle/planet and angle/angle contacts will be different. That sounds a bit confusing, but I'm sure you get what I'm getting at.

Regards,

Bob

Yes, I do see what you're getting at. Unfortunately (and I think this has been mentioned before) using charts for the first game of the season doesn't work in such a small country as ours. Almost all the games begin at the same time so the charts are virtually identical with very little variation in the angles.

Hi Bob
I use the charts of the foundation or creation of the Club, Association or Federation, for example for the next World Cup 2010, I use the Natal Chart o The Football Association, Deutscher Fu?ball-Bund, F?d?ration Fran?aise de Football, Federazione Italiana Gioco Calcio and others!!!
Regards
Mario
www.siderum.com

That's fine if you can get an accurate time for the 'foundation of the club'.
Over here we would call that the franchise chart. Getting the date is easy enough, but finding the time would be very difficult, and even if you found a time it might not be very accurate. Non astrologers don't usually pay too much attention to that sort of thing.

That's why I prefer the first game chart for each season. They work well in a big country like the U.S., but in Luxemborg or Andorra....

Bob