margherita wrote:
Yes, I understand. Moreover Gemini is mutable, gives MANY.

margherita
great point. needless to add- mutable means change and instability too and so the picture is now complete. :)

margherita wrote:
aglaya wrote:
There's another interesting thing that Lilly suggests- a masculine planet in a human sign (Mars in Gemini in this particular case) can often anounce men who "love women" (as opposed to womAn :D ). In my case, Mars is also placed inside the 10th and in Gemini and it even casts a sextile onto both my L7 and my Ascendant ruler and I have found it to be very true- I'm a regular target of all kinds of Don Juans! :D
Yes, I understand. Moreover Gemini is mutable, gives MANY.

margherita
Wouldn't the sextile to Saturn in the chart have a restraining effect on this (despite the aspect being sextile)? Saturn in Leo maybe would be not too well. Or many men of the wrong kind.

Although usually not looking much at houses, signs etc, now I'm experimenting with rulerships, however with a preference for the Equal-MC house system. This would give Leo Ascendant and Aquarius on VII, Saturn ruler of VII. Don't pay too much attention to my deviating house system :) , it's just to give an explanation of a possible emphasis of Saturn in the chart.

Hi Lakewind,

I find that outer planets do have co-rulership of signs, so Neptune has something to say about marriage in your chart. Neptune square Venus is hard on relationships, although it doesn't always deny them; there are just some crazy illusions to work through around commitment, always dreaming the impossible dream ...

Parental houses also play a big part in our relationship dynamics as we model ourselves on (or run away from) the primary relationship we witness in childhood. Here Venus and Mars rule 10 and 4 and are semi-sextile -- an aspect of non-seeing -- to each other. Also Venus is squeezed at the midpoint of Mars and Saturn/Pluto, which is a kind of besiegement. I would think that Venus square Neptune and midpoint Mars/Saturn/Pluto would make a complicated meal out of one's experiences of love.

Pluto entering your 5th and preparing to square Neptune/oppose Venus may bring transforming romantic involvement.

Tara

Hello, all. What a rich meal all your answers make :' . I will be re-reading many of them. My parental role models are hideous in regard to relationship, as I've hinted.I cannot overstate the damage done to all 5 children in this regard,and some of the worst evidence which I can self identify are in your answers.Really
to me, a very interesting and sophisticated discussion. To answer a few, I have usually picked unavailable types, not attracted to older men, especially now-all the guys my age look pretty decrepit- I am attracted to a Mars/Scorpio type of guy:self contained, self disciplined, intense emotions well guarded, sexual, and sarcastic, and very strong. The Saturn Pluto conjunction has been a pivotal actor in my life, isolating me but also providing a lot of strength, pride and arrogance at times. My biggest problems have been impotent rage underlying all,extreme fear of emotional intimacy, overly idealistic and judgmental attiudes towards friends/lovers. My childrearing attitudes displayed the best and worst of Saturn, but I raised a daughter I'm proud of. Thanks to all. Good teachers. :P

Lakewind wrote:The Saturn Pluto conjunction has been a pivotal actor in my life,
Did we notice yet that Jupiter L7, conjuncts Pluto almost exactly by antiscion?
That might explain the unavailable part;
Saturn in the 12th ofcourse enjoys going after your secret enemies (inner and outer), but might be a bit lousy about it, being in his detriment...

In an article he wrote loooong time ago for the Geocosmic Journal, Ben Dykes looked at marriage in a medieval astrological way. I remember he used several considerations to give a very practical no-nonsense evaluation of marital prospects/reality in a person's life. Now if only I can trace this article back...
Herman

http://www.hervaro.be

That 's what I learned with John Frawley (hold on to your seat: even the other Ptolemaic aspects may be used in the natal chart)... :???:
Apart from his seminars (and probably his yet to be published book on natal astrology) I cannot quote from old sources - though I am sure there must be references to it.
I mention the unavailability because of the 12th often keeping things imprisoned, or not easily manifested, as it cannot see the ascendant; luckily Jupiter in the 3d DOES communicate with the 1st house by sextile relation (in mundo).
Herman

hervaro wrote:
In an article he wrote loooong time ago for the Geocosmic Journal, Ben Dykes looked at marriage in a medieval astrological way. I remember he used several considerations to give a very practical no-nonsense evaluation of marital prospects/reality in a person's life. Now if only I can trace this article back...
Found it! Geocosmic Journal of Autumn 2006, starting on page 50. These are the 8 steps to investigate marriage in life, according to Dr. Ben Dykes:
1) 7th house (sign, rulers, including almuten, planets on cusp)
2) Part of Marriage
3) luminary representing spouse
4) Venus as general significator of love
5) Venus or Mars for female/male sexuality respectively
6) luminaries (mutual aspects and other planets aspecting)
7) condition of Venus, Mars, and Saturn with respect to f.i. psychological burdens etc impacting on sexuality
and lastly: profections, firdaria and solar revolutions to get a relational "timeline"
Dr. Dykes then illustrates these with an example which forms wonderfull studymaterial.
I don't know if you still can back-order this issue, but you can check it out at the site of the NCGR: http://www.geocosmic.org
Alternatively, if you have access to Ben Dykes' translation of Bonatti: look up Book 2, pages 1287 to 1309...
Herman

My 7th house if empy too. I had my first real serious long term relationship over 25 years of age. I think its because ruler of my 7th is ruled by my Moon and my moon is trine my Saturn...I think this indicates a delay in relationship. However I think I will be quiet happy and satified in my love relationship from here on now...ruler of my Venus is in my 12th house house, where its in exaltation.
Also if you look at the condition of the Moon as well for relationships...my Moon is pergrine, trine Saturn, inconjunct Mars. I feel like my current b.f. is Mars because it describes my bf very well and he showed up in a horary as Mars in Virgo!

Untenanted 7th House

Lakewind,

I also have an untenanted 7th House. I did marry and have children. I did not marry a male who was suitable material for marriage and it is now with the knowledge of Astrology I can see clearly in retrospect the type of man I should have married.

I would look at the Ruler of your 7th as Jupiter but I am drawn to the Cancerian stellium in 11th house. Also the Nodal Axis conj 10/4th suggest to me that there were or could haved been issues stemming from Mother and/or family 'pressure ' that impacted on your choices and destiny.

With Jupiter as your 7th house Ruler both marriage and a partner were important to you - Jupiter trines the Cancerian Stellium. There is a strong air element involved - 'Aquarius' perhaps a fear of closeness could have kept you 'separate' from a partner.

The Moon is in the Balsamic Phase and within 9 degrees of conj with Sun indicating this Moon does have issues and is weak although in the Sign of dignity. J Lee Lehamn says the 'Moon cannot be in a more diffficult placement when she is conj the Sun'.

Julie K