Good work Andrew.

As an evaluation, can you say whether the highest altitude question and the azimuthal position was of some use? Mars is sometimes related to Germany and was the highest planet in the chart and Saturn was the planet standing in the direction of Germany as seen from Oslo.

At what time did the German group sing their song?

Eddy wrote:As an evaluation, can you say whether the highest altitude question and the azimuthal position was of some use?
The manner in how all the factors added up in this judgement is still a matter of thought and study on my part. These are all considerations that will be taken on to future judgements. The event chart was matched against a multitude of other consderations. Then there is the role that the countries appear to be playing at the current time.
At what time did the German group sing their song?
The first song, Azerbaijan was sung at 21.09 CST. I was not suprized but impressed when their high ambitions flopped and they didn't make the top 3 and ended 5th - and then when it actually happened I was both suprized and impressed. I do think Azerbaijan made a strong impression and Safruna performed well. Politics unfortunately got in the way for Haral Skaat, Israel, as was suggested. The German entry was sung at 22.36 CST. I haven't checked the chart. Turkey came 2nd and Romania 3rd. I didn't see that coming. Congratulations!

Then this guy jumped up onto the stage and got into the middle of the Spanish entry! Security appologize for not having reacted earlier, as they thought it was a part of the show! :shock:
http://www.astronor.com

Review in light of the German victory:
Stellarium wrote:Having watched the semifinal last night and given the chart further consideration, I think the winning entry will:

> Be a traditional song, not any "flashy", "sexy" or "raunchy" performance. Reason: Moon in conservative Capricorn, Asc in bounds of Saturn/Scorpio.
Most likely a solo singer with dancing not especially prominent. Yes - was a solo singer and performance was not "flashy", "sexy" or "raunchy" in my opinion. "Traditional" as in a solo singer singing but it was not a ballad type song.

> Song will be about moving away from sadness/darkness/disappointment/misfortune to talk of love/warm feelings/harmony. Reason: Moon's configuration is separating from Saturn/Virgo to VOC to Venus/Cancer with reception.
Not quite - consideration of the Moon's application is very accurate however. There was no (or very little) disappointment/sadeness in the lyrics so Saturn's significations should be omitted due to VOC.
Moon Capricorn suggests initial reserved feelings which are left behind by gushing declarations of love (Moon received by Venus/Cancer).

Lyrics to Satellite :
I went everywhere for you
I even did my hair for you
I bought new underwear, they?re blue
And I wore ?em just the other day

Love, you know I?ll fight for you
I left on the porch light for you
Whether you are sweet or cruel
I?m gonna love you either way

Love, oh, love, I gotta tell you how I feel about you
?Cause I, oh, I can?t go a minute without your love

Like a satellite, I?m in an orbit all the way around you
And I would fall out into the night
Can?t go a minute without your love

Love, I got it bad for you
I saved the best I have for you
You sometimes make me sad and blue
Wouldn?t have it any other way

Love, my aim is straight and true
Cupid?s arrow is just for you
I even painted my toe nails for you
I did it just the other day

Like a satellite I?m in an orbit all the way around you
Can?t go a minute without your love
Oh, love, I gotta tell you how I feel about you

Where you go, I?ll follow
You set the pace, we?ll take it fast and slow
I?ll follow in your way,
You got me, you got me
A force more powerful than gravity
It?s physics, there?s no escape

Love, my aim is straight and true
Cupid?s arrow is just for you
I even painted my toe nails for you
I did it just the other day

Like a satellite I?m in orbit all the way around you
Can?t go a minute without your
Love, love, love, love, love
[ Satellite Lyrics on http://www.lyricsmania.com/ ]

Based on only this chart and the winner, I conclude the following:

The most important factor is the configuration of the Moon.

The ascending sign and its lord did not give any indication of the winner.

The song which therefore "fits" most with the configuration of the Moon can indicate the winner, which can be further pinpointed by other methods such as those shown by Andrew and others.

Just popped in to say well done Andrew. :' Twice in a row! Very impressive. :shock:

Mark
As thou conversest with the heavens, so instruct and inform thy minde according to the image of Divinity William Lilly

Andrew Bevan wrote:The German entry was sung at 22.36 CST. I haven't checked the chart. Turkey came 2nd and Romania 3rd. I didn't see that coming. Congratulations!
Congratulations Andrew!
Regarding Romania - Ovi , a member of the duo, has double citizenship : Romania and Norway :)

Dan
Living Astrology Blog