Today Moon is VOC during the first half of Portugal match. During second half Moon will be debilitated. It will remain debilitated during the next two matches as well. The despostior of Moon, Mars is placed with Saturn though very far. I think Portugal will win as VOC means either win for favourite or Draw. Second match will be draw. Not sure about the third Match( as always).
Warm Regards,
Rohaan Joshii

In the Portugal/North Korea chart there's a lot of activity towards the end of the first half. The Moon crosses the Asc and the Asc changes from Libra to Scorpio, then Moon goes from Libra to Scorpio and trines the Sun. This all happens in the space of 8 minutes and while Moon is hour-ruler (day-ruler too of course). If something doesn't happen then, I might start to wonder why I bother looking at charts at all!

I would guess most of the first half will be pretty boring with nothing much going on while Moon is VOC (as Rohan has pointed out), then all hell breaks loose in the last 5 minutes or so. Well, maybe that's a bit of an exaggeration but I would at least expect someone to score.

Not much testimony for either team for the first match. MO in 1st is VOC for the 1st half and NKs L7 sext MC looks to help the underdogs. Spain may sneak it in the 2nd half but it could end in a shock draw.

Portugal 2 N.Korea 1

A v.interesting game again for the favourites (Chile) who control the match with L10 in Swiss 7th house, however L7 in its own house and sign looks very strong for the underdogs.

Chile 2 Switzerland 2

Honduras have little testimony so Spains L10 sext MC should control the match fairly easily.

Spain 2 Honduras 0
Mad Daz's Place, quiet but never boring
http://pinkmelon.proboards82.com/index.cgi

I agree with Ficina that the hell might breaking loose towards the end of first or possibly at the beginning of second. I expect that Portugal will play with red shirts and green shorts, thus it gets DSC. The Moon is VOC which usally means that the favourite wins. The Moon's next aspect is entering into Scorpio when it trines Sun in Cancer with the strongest reception (by exaltation) with Jupiter in Aries. With entering into Scorpio the Moon gets debilitated and is under control of Mars (red). Whoever will play with white kit is in an unenviable position. Besides the Moon is seperating from trine with Neptune, the ruler of Pisces, and applying to the Sun in Cancer, ruled by exalted Jupiter and Neptun.

Besides, Jupiter as the ruler of Pisces in Aries fits well for Portugal significator. With his strongest reception with the Sun and the Moon's applying trine to the Sun should be a strong indication that the favourite will win.

My prediction 2:0 Portugal

The second chart also favours who will play with red and that is Chile. Despite that Mercury is angular, I believe that Jupiter's reception with the Sun shall be decisive. The Moon is seperating from the Sun's trine and applying by quincunx to Jupiter.
Chile is ruled by Sagittarius, so I believe Jupiter's reception by exaltation should work.
It is the hour of Mars, so the chart with Sagittarius ASC is fit to be judged. Radicality protects favourits. The Moon is under control of the lord of hour, as I said bad for whoever play in white.
My prediction 2:0 or 3:1

Spain Honduras, the same considerations. Besides the Moon is applying by sextile to Mars (who will play in red). I expect a comfortable victory, probably, a stunning one.
Spain wins.

Ficina wrote:In the Portugal/North Korea chart there's a lot of activity towards the end of the first half. The Moon crosses the Asc and the Asc changes from Libra to Scorpio, then Moon goes from Libra to Scorpio and trines the Sun. This all happens in the space of 8 minutes and while Moon is hour-ruler (day-ruler too of course). If something doesn't happen then, I might start to wonder why I bother looking at charts at all!

I would guess most of the first half will be pretty boring with nothing much going on while Moon is VOC (as Rohan has pointed out), then all hell breaks loose in the last 5 minutes or so. Well, maybe that's a bit of an exaggeration but I would at least expect someone to score.
I think Korea will do very well in the first half and may well be goals up at half time and then Portugal dominate the 2nd half but it could be close at the end. Wouldnt be surprised if Korea draw this!
Mad Daz's Place, quiet but never boring
http://pinkmelon.proboards82.com/index.cgi

Daz, I hope you're right and NK do get a draw because this would help Ivory Coast :) However I think Portugal will win even though the chart is non-radical. NK might play better in the second half but I can't see them getting anything out of the game. There's no real sign of an upset and Moon trine Sun usually indicates a victory for the favourites.

Hi all, interesting discussion :) If I may add a few thoughts... Moon is changing the sign and goes to trine Sun which is dispositor of the Venus ruler of N. Korea, this may bring luck to Korea maybe? Venus is high in the sky. Ruler of Portugal, Mars, is in the 12th. This looks better for N. Korea so they may shock us with draw or maybe even a better score?

The Moon entrance into Scorpio obviously played well for Portugal's Mars. What a score! :shock:

Mars really does today. Swiss was lucky to escape a rout because of wearing red shorts. :lala :-T

Portugal has knocked out all of us :( Anyway, we have very important match today. Greece taking on Argentina. I think Argentina's kit Blue-Black-white fits well with the Asc. Moon in the 10th house and L10 in the 7th house might help Argentina. But what about debilitated Moon? will it cause a Draw?
Warm Regards,
Rohaan Joshii

I agree with Rohan that Argentina's blue-white-black kit is more naturally to be assigned to Acquarius ASC. Besides Argentina should get ASC as the strong favourite. Saturn is above the horizon, though in VIII, but better placed than the Sun. Accidental dignities are more or less the same but Saturn's placement above the horizon is a slight advantage for the ASC team.

I noticed that the chart is not radical, the hour of Mars due to change to the Sun's (Acquarius). So, according to the rules, we can expect surprises. But I think it will not be the case. The Moon is favourably placed in X and VOC (nothing happens, i.e. the favourite wins), her next aspect will be a sextile with Saturn, but it is out of the applicable orb of the Moon (12 degrees). Besides, the Moon casts it's antisca directly to ASC. Part of Spirit is in conjuction with Saturn, the lord of ASC, within an orb less than a degree. I think that these testimonies should compensate the Moon's debilitated position and non - radicality of the chart. Argentina should win.

Warm regards

Very important match for France today. The chart is almost same as Chile's match played yesterday. I think South Africa's both kit match well with DEC. Asc. has advantage today as well. So France might win the match may be by one goal like Chile. I am not sure about compatibility of Asc. with France kit. Goca can you please share your views?
Warm Regards,
Rohaan Joshii