An Astrological Exposition of Omar Khayyam

I am trying out a new online publisher called issuu and I've published a long overdue paper there.

http://issuu.com/estebon_duarte/docs/an ... ar_khayyam

It is a lengthy discussion and delineation of the Medieval Mathematician Omar Khayyam's birth chart by Medieval Astrological Methods. Feel free to download the paper and let me know what you think. I was going to post this in the links section, but thought it would be appropriate here.
Western Predictive Astrology by Estebon Duarte Independent Researcher AMA MACAA
Natal Chart & Annual Solar Revolution Reports
www.organic-astrology.com

it is indeed a rough draft so please excuse any citation errors or grammar problems, I'm still shopping around with online PDF share sites, so if anyone knows a good one please post a link.

Thank you. Very nice.

I'm very curious about the history of Persian astrology which, I hypothesize, had its beginnings when Cyrus conquered Babylon.

If you read OT Daniel Ezekiel and Nehemiah and Herodotus -- the captive Daniel, who had mastered the sacred Babylonian astro knowledge and thus counselor to Nebechadnezzar -- Babylonian king, seems to have sold out the Babylonians to the Persian Magi, and taught them the Babylonian arts for which he was appointed Chief Magus, and counselor to Cyrus (Biblical Kouresh) and negotiated the return of the Jews to Jerusalem.

I believe that the Eternal Flame which is before the Ark of the Covenant in every Jewish temple I've ever seen, was lit by the Fire Temple of the Magian Zorasterian (the Zarathrustrian thus became Zoroasterian -- star gazers) by the Hebrew prophet/astrologer, Daniel.

Herodotus buttresses this theory -- the Magi which accompanied Cyrus to Empire were not astrologers -- a sacerdotal tribal/caste, like Brahmins, presence necessary for all relgious ritual & ceremony, attended sacrifices, &c. However, the Magi which accompanied Xerxes (Thermopylae) speak of eclipses and the fortunes of the nations engaged in war -- Babylonian art, nicht wahr?

Thanks Estebon - I haven't managed to read it yet but have downloaded it and am really looking forward to finding time for it. I always thought it a pity that we didn't hear more about Khayyam but a few weeks ago I went to an exhibition that the British Museum ran to celebrate the 150th anniversary of the English translation of his poem, and then a few days ago I watched a documentary on him. And now your article. He must be the man of the moment :)

Later edit: read it, went back and rated it, 5 stars. Thanks for all the hard work you put into this.

thank you very much-
I remember hearing of the British Museum's plans to celebrate the anniversary. As I remember there were supposed to be some new English translations of his works, though it seems they never materialized.
There has been a renewed interest in Khayyam in recent years, due in part to Iranian culture rediscovering one of their icons.

thanks again to all who read it, here's another link if the above one is difficult for some;

http://www.box.net/files/0/f/41523196/1/f_424585608

anyone interested in a follow study of Omar Khayyam as Philosopher can read this article-

http://www.cis-ca.org/voices/k/khayyam.htm#_ednref13

by Seyyed Hossein Nasr, noted scholar with many published works on Islamic Philosophy and Cosmology.

this other paper outlines the Iranian Calendar and the reform done by Khayyam and other notable astronomer/mathematicians.

http://aramis.obspm.fr/~heydari/divers/ir-cal-eng.html

I admit I was ignorant of these papers when I did my research originally, though may do an upgrade on the work this summer.

After quite a hiatus from practical astrology while studying with the Sophia Centre for my Master's Degree in Cultural Astronomy and Astrology I am glad to be active in my practice again and would like to thank all the people who responded to my Omar Khayyam essay while I was updating research.

I had excellent feedback from all corners of the globe, this paper was downloaded in Iran, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Hong Kong, Indonesia and beyond!

I had some very enriching conversations with interested medieval astrology students and it was refreshing to be able to flesh out some of the more specific techniques with some of the people on this list.

I used the subject of Omar Khayyam's astrological orientation for the topic of my dissertation research and will be publishing it in electronic format this year.

The link to the original chart reading should still work, though I have disable downloading until I can have a more updated sample available.

I look forward to continuing the astrological conversation!