1966 World Cup Final Finish Time?

Hello All,

I am doing a bit of astrological research into key sporting dates for the UK. I am planning to compare them against different mundane charts for Britain.

A pivotal date seems to be the World Cup Final in England in 1966. I know the match took place on July 30th 1966 and the kick off was around 3.00pm. However, the match was won in extra time. I have tried checking the final whistle time on various websites but to no avail.

Would anyone have an idea when the World Cup Final match finished and England were effectively World champions? Alternatively what time the FIFA trophy was held aloft?

Thanks

Mark
As thou conversest with the heavens, so instruct and inform thy minde according to the image of Divinity William Lilly

That's a difficult one, Mark. I've had a search round and couldn't find anything either. My guesstimate for the final whistle time would be 5.35pm. Having worked that out myself, it was gratifying to discover that the recent FA Cup semi (which also went to extra time) ended at 6.35pm, having kicked off just after 4pm.

Obviously all games vary slightly depending on the amount of time added on for injuries etc but perhaps 5.35 is a time that you could work around.

Thanks Ficina,

Your probably right that a guesstimate is the best we can do. Pity though. Its a lot tougher with old matches before the digital display of time to the second. Thanks for taking an interest anyway.

Mark
As thou conversest with the heavens, so instruct and inform thy minde according to the image of Divinity William Lilly