Can assassinations be prevented? by Elsbeth Ebertin
translated by Jenn Zahrt PhD
A Guide to Interpreting The Great American Eclipse
by Wade Caves
The Astrology of Depression
by Judith Hill
Understanding the mean conjunctions of the Jupiter-Saturn cycle
by Benjamin Dykes
Understanding the zodiac: and why there really ARE 12 signs of the zodiac, not 13
by Deborah Houlding

Skyscript Astrology Forum

Chart turning

View previous topic :: View next topic  
The alchemist

Posted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 8:10 am    Post subject: Chart turning Reply with quote

Hi,

I am trying to read a horary chart, but I am not sure which houses to use. The question is of the "Should I stay or should I go" type. So, normally I would look to the 1st and the 7th houses, as described by Lilly and others. The problem is that the question is really a career question. The querent is thinking of relocating abroad to pursue a career in his field and he needs to know if he will be better off professionally there or not.

So, along with the other indicators (lord of 1st, lord of 7th, moon etc), would you use the 10th as significator of the career at the present location and the turned 10th (radical 4th) as the significator of the career abroad?

Any ideas would be much appreciated.

Thank you,
The Alchemist
elumen

Posted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Alchemist,

I would not make it too complex (although I myself do that answering my horaries all the time :-); the client asked whether he should go or not, so go with the 7th house. And his 4th house would indicate his current location. You can get enough info from this alone, for e.g. is 7th house favorably disposed to the L1? Which one is better disposed to L1, L7 or L4, what applying aspects are there, etc. Let's take it his question was "should I take a job in a foreign country? or will my career improve in a foreign country?" I'd still use the 7th, and radical 10th to answer it, and you may consider radical 9th as well. I think the radical chart would reflect his question well. The renumbering comes helpful when we are asking questions about other people.
aglaya

Posted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree, just keep it simple.
Take the radical houses and go through Lilly's chapter about relocation questions again.
You actually have two separate questions but I don't see any reason why the answer to both cannot be found in the same chart.

The Querent wants to know if (s)he will be happy in another place? Check 1st/7th axis and the 4th.

(s)he also wants to get a better insigth into her professional life- check the 10th and see if it is in a moveable sign (change) or fixed, give the ruler a good look etc.

A radical chart will most likely put other relevant factors into connection and allow you to put all fragments into a single picture.

Quote:
So, along with the other indicators (lord of 1st, lord of 7th, moon etc), would you use the 10th as significator of the career at the present location and the turned 10th (radical 4th) as the significator of the career abroad?

No, her (or his) career is inside the 10th. It's the 10th house from the Ascendant and the Querent always stays who he is and is always represented by the 1st Very Happy . When we move abroad we don't start counting the houses from the 7th- DC never becomes our Ascendant. We are the 1st and our job is the 10th. The 1st/7th axis, in situations like this one, helps us to determine the quality of our "exile" sort of speaking and to wage the pros and cons of the planned movement. We might not stay where we are but we do stay who we are.
If there is a chance that the Querent's professional life might go through a change of some kind, the dynamics should be obvious from the 10th cusp and its ruler. A fixed sign on the 10th cusp is most likely to keep the Querent in the same place. Wink
The alchemist

Posted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi guys,

thank you ever so much for your replies. They really made a difference. I think this chart is saying "stay put"!

Warm regards,
A.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Horary & Electional Astrology All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: