Unaspected Jupiter(Bad News or good News)

Hi everybody.
I'm quite new student for astrology.
i found this board and this site is very useful
Personally i think u guy here is very resourceful.
I even copy you comments for read offline.thank u for that.
I have wonder something.

I have Jupiter Conjunct close to MC.(2 degree) In Scorpio.
It sound like a good news.... but one problem.
He's unaspected from any planet (ever minor aspect)
Is that bad news.(the most benefit planet kiss your Mc but he have no power to do anything ,Oh no!!!!)
I've been wondered about what is the effect to my profession or
my public image? And there is many controversy about unaspect.
Could anyone luminesce me about this question?
Please!!!!!!!! I got to know about that.if not I feel like dying because
curiosity.

I have Uranus in 10th house in Sagittarius
And my Mars (tradition rules of Scorpion also in Sagittarius
Sun with 11 degree apart from MC in 9th house.
Big stellium ( 5 planets : Sun Venus Pluto Saturn Mercury)In 9 house(natural house of jupter .all was trined by Moon from the 1st house Aqurius and was sextile by Mars and Naptune in Sagittarius)

did these help my Jupiter? :???:

Hi, RoccoRicci.

I'm sure you realise that you are oversimplifying the whole process of chart delineation here. :)

It is neither good or bad- it is Jupiter conjunct MC. That is what it is. How its influence will manifest will depend upon its rulership, the general shape of the 10th, its ruler and so on. I don't think that anyone can answer this in a nutshell.
If you're new to Astrology, then you should maybe ask a more experienced astrologer to delineate your chart for you until you're ready to get back to it. In the meantime, you should simply take on step at a time and soon, the facts picked up in literature, your own practice and delineations done by other Astrologers will start filling the gaps and making more sense. It just takes time!
You can find topics in regards to unaspected planets here on forum, it might be very useful for you to read them.

Cheers,

aglaya
Last edited by aglaya on Thu Apr 01, 2010 10:01 am, edited 3 times in total.

Hi, RoccoRicci.

I'm sure that you realise that you are oversimpliyfiying the whole process of chart delineation here.

It is neither good or bad- it is Jupiter conjunct MC. That is what it is. How its influence will manifest will depend upon its rulership, the general shape of the 10th, its ruler and so on. I don't think that anyone wcould can answer this in a nutshell.
If you're new to Astrology, then you should maybe aske a more experienced astrologer to delineate your chart for you until you're ready to get back to it. In the meantime, you should simply take on step at a time and soon, the facts picked up in literature, your own practice and delineations done by other Astrologers will start filling the gaps and making more sense. It just takes time!
You can find topics in regards to unaspected planets here on forum, it might be very useful for you to read them.

Cheers,

aglaya

Thank you, aglaya

Asking a more experienced astrologer to delineate my chart,that what i do here and try to learn as much as I can about astrology.and I found its paradox itself.It's not like 1+1=2 in astrology Yes maybe it's in nutshell
.I 'm not sure which source I should believe.(some said right some sadid left) and I found not many people that share in same interest in or delineate because Thailand ,we have old traditional astrology,it's quite diffrent from modern Astrology(close to predictive astrology)it's more popular.Most astrology lover study that. I've also studied about it.
That's cool! but it have its limit because there are some tradition between teacher and student. that's nice but I love self-teach method and the modern idea of modern astrology That said Character is our destiny.
well,study alone and keep looking who is right teach, are my destiny of jupiter stand alone.

Maybe the nutshell will break soon.
trainsit jupiter trine my natal jupiter.
let's see what'll I feel or what'll happen.

cheers

RoccoRicci :brows

Well, this is a traditional forum - people who participate in discussions here all mainly support the traditional, though western approach to chart delineations.

Personally, I strongly believe that a person can overcome all sorts of obstacles and problems but, at the same time- that they can cause them even unintentionally. I believe in the power of will but would never neglect the power of nature and its forces. :) We should aways consider ourselves to be the bosses of our "destiny" (or at least our life paths because the word destiny often has religious connotations and not all astrologers are religious) but the bosses who still need to obey to some outer influences and instabilities. Having said that- I don't think that knowing your character better can prevent an illness and, even more importantly, I don't think that an astrological reading that does not provide informations about general tendencies and influences that will affect us over time would satisfy my astrological curiosity (though, curiosity is probably not the best word here). I would still prefer knowing as to what kind of jobs I should stay away from and what other jobs show better sense of promise. I believe that astrology should have a very practical purpose and, thus, being familiar with the influences that will affect us can help us use the potential hidden in our character but hardly can informations about "whether we should study alone or ina group" help us keep our husband or wife or prevent the bosses from firing us. It is much better to be prepared in advance and to make sure that you start looking for another job soon.
Everything and everyone is interconnected and, excluding ourselves from the surroundings and neglecting the outer influences (that, after all, can also be changed and used) is just not the approach that I support. Of course, that is my personal opinion but also the reason why I choose traditional approach.

But, whichever approach you decide to stick to, it will never be plain math; there are no two identical persons in the World which means that we cannot expect two charts to be identical either. That is why Astrology cannot be learnt solely from definitions. They help us to understand the things better but they do not delineate our charts for us. Similarly, it is never "left or right" either. Each planet receives all sorts of influences and is i na very specific shape. If a bald man and a man with long curly hair would both ask a hair-dresser to advise them how to take care care of their hair so that it would look shiny, long and straight he would certainly give two completely different answers one of which would be- you can't have long straight hair because you have no hair at all. :)
It is pretty much the same with planets- you first need to get to know this Jupiter better. Its natural symbolics does have a lot to do with higher studies and dedicated learning but it is also the Greater Benefic, it rules children, fortunes, religion, what we sometimes simply call lucky coincidences, etc. Secondly, it rules a certain house or houses in your chart and, by being placed on the 10th cusp it automatically brings the influence of these houses to the segment of life described by the 10th and vice versa, the houses ruled by this planet are partially described by its placement on the 10th cusp and in Scorpio.
Then you have to examine its shape- is it oriental or occidental, weak in essential dignities or well dignified, it is obviously angular and, thus accidentally fortified etc.

But even when you do answer all these questions, you will still not have the definite answer - in the end, you have to frame the picture. N a,d like I said, it takes time and patience. ;-)

As for the predictive methods, i'm not sure you fill find many people who use transits here on forum (Jupiter's journey thorugh the Zodiac lasts for app. 12 years and it trines its natal placement 3 years after the birth and from then on, every 6 years so, its transitional trines cast to its natal position are hardly a precise predictive tool) but, regardless of the approach that you decide to use, the system stays the same- it is all about blending different testimonies into a single picture. ;-)

Cheers!

Hi Rocco

I have an unaspected sun. I know a psychic who has an unaspected venus. I think an unaspected jupiter on the MC would be pretty cool. An unaspected planet can do it's own thing. Nice for jupiter! With the scorpio connection, jupiter will be wanting to dig deep, uncover secrets, find the truth and eliminate the lies...and show them to the world as it's on the MC. Your career may be involved with detective work, research, psychic work, plumbing, psychology, funerals, midwifery, surgery, taxes.. whatever you do for a job there will be an intensity about it. And jupiter there would make your work "work" and be lucky for you.

Sticking to traditional rules, your jupiter is peregrine unless at 6-13 degrees of scorpio. This implies that it's a jupiter inclined to turn bad ie excess and expansion out of control. Just watch out for going over board on "stuff". Maybe even a tendency towards obsessive-compulsive disorder? That's just a thought not a judgement.

Just be careful not to overwhelm people with your depth and intensity. You could be overly obsessive about work or your public image. 10th house is also "the mother".

With that 9th stellium, aquarius moon, uranus in 10th, I think you are suited to research which leads to innvoation, maybe in education or the spiritual fields. Maybe you could be a really intense teacher.. the strict one maybe, or the unconventional one who is a spiritual inspiration to pupils and is remembered for ever.

Are you a kick boxer? I was looking at Bruce Lee's chart yesterday. He had a scorpio stellium in the 11th. Where's your saturn? It is the traditional ruler of your ascendant so is very important to the chart. Also, which houses do sagitarius and pisces rule? Jupiter will have an effect on those houses as the traditional ruler.

About 10 years ago, a Thai astrologer made some predictions for me while sitting on a beach. They turned out to be highly accurate. He seemed to use numbers relating to planets. Is that correct?

Thank you aglaya
I'm very pleased that u took your time,give me a clue about Astrology(wester approach)
I do agree with you that we're architect for our own life(even we cant control every part of it but at least we can accept and deal with it more easily )That's kind of cool!!! I feel a bit more confident that I didnt waste my time studying useless subject.

Hi,PallasAthene
Thank you very much for you info.That's very useful!!I'm glad
that it's not absolutely bad news.haha!!!

About my work! Actually,I work as graphic Designer.A bit diffrent from Scorpio,do u think? (ever,my friends comments my drawing is a bit scary haha) in fact I feel influenced from both;libra and scorpio.
Maybe because Saturn,my chart ruler stand in Libra but Venus is Scorpio
with Sun. Maybe it take time to find out about my career.

Kick Boxer?? hahahahahaha
I'm not even close to it.It's just not me at all.(sorry if I disappoint you)
My stellium in Libra and Scorpio, Saturn stand almost at the middle of this stellium in Libra.
Sagittarius is 11th house
Pisces is 2nd house
Jupiter will also turn bad ie excess and expansion out of control for my friend and my money,right?(Is that mean Poor?)hahaha

and nice to meet someone with unaspected planet.
what inflence of unaspect sun for you?
and your friend with unaspected venus?
I would love to know the other's experience about that.:)

About Thai astrologer, u must have good stroy to tell me.haha
Yes Thai Astrology use numbers present the planest
1- Sun- (Sunday)
2- Moon -(Monday)
3- Mars- (Tuesday)
4- Mercury- (Wednesday
5 -Jupiter- (Thursday )
6 - Venus - (Friday)
7 -Saturn -(Saturday)
8 -Rahu (the north node)
9- Katu (the south node)
0 - Uranus

have you seen the protest of The Red shirt and The Yellow Shirt?
Red represents The Sun
Yellow represents The Moon.
In astrology dimension.That's the confliction of the Sun and the Moon.
I'm sure there some proficient Astrologers behind both side.
According to places and time they chose be to do thing.
It's quite obvious it relate to some kind of electional astrology.

I have recently been going through some Jyotish scripts and, apparently, Vedic astrologers have a very interesting system of calculations that includes 5 digit numbers. I hope I'll soon have time to give that system a better look because, at the moment, it seems a bit confusing but I must say that my main impression about Vedic astrology stays the same- it is really not that much different. :) It's the area and the beliefs of the people rather then astrology per se- their question make it different; Vedic and their Western colleagues get different kind of questions from their clients and both astrological approaches are trying to find the adequate way to answer them.

I too have an unaspected Sun. I really think that you should try to find the threads about unaspected planets in Natal charts here on Forum; many astrologers have shared their thoughts on that matter, i'm sure you would find them useful to read.
A non-aspected planet does not receive the influences of other planets in the way aspected ones do- on one hand, they can appear somewhat "stiff" or "non-flexible" (because, they are on their own), but, on the other hand, they can sometimes present themselves in their purest form, sort of speaking- again, because their nature does not mix with the nature of other planets. But, again, it is not possible to draw a general conclusion solely upon the fact that a planet is not aspected; a well and unaspected Sun (say, Sun in Leo), especially when placed in a potent house (accidental dignities), can sometimes be very harsh on others (strict boss, overly authoritative person, activated masculine principle etc.) whilst a weak and unaspected planet could sometimes use the influence of other planets as it is placed in the "surroundings" where it cannot express its nature easily and purely and has no other planet to help it. The consequences of this placement can be seen in both the areas represented by that very planet (its natural symbolics and rulership) and in the sphere of life represented by cusp(s) ruled by that planet. That, of course, is my impression.
But we always have to keep in mind that it is the ascendant that describes the person in the first place and, if the rest of the chart shows strong signs of a compassionate person, then we should never jump into conclusions and say that the influence of the unaspeceted Sun in Leo will always win and that the person will be an overly authoritative figure. Everything has to be taken into consideration.
For what it's worth, every planet receives the influence of the houses that it occupies and of the sign in which it is placed.
So, in regards to your last post, I don't think that general conclusions such as "Jupiter will also turn bad ie excess and expansion out of control for my friend and my money" are really grounded either in theory or in practice. We know almost nothing about your chart (besides the fact that you have Jupiter inside the 10th and a stellium of planets in Libra) and it is basically impossible to draw such explicit conclusions about your professional life solely based on this placement. (I don't think i understand as to why you think that your Jupiter will "turn bad")
You should give a good look to this planet and see how it feels where it is; as PA has already pointed out, you should first check its dignities. Besides that, I do have to add that a cuspal planet (a planet that is sitting near the cusp of any house) is in a very "intense" relationship with that house as the cusps are the most potent places of every house and, by being conjunct with an angle (MC) makes the planet even more fortified. The "energy" of the house is strongest there and the planet is in the middle of it- that is why a conjunction with an angle or any cusp for that matter is basically a form of aspect- the conjunction (with the cusp of the 10th) and should not be dismissed.
But, in order to gain a better insight into your professional life or incomes, you also have to examine your 2nd and 10th house and see as to what their rulers have got to say. Mars is of all the importance in this case.

Great!!! and thank you (I'm nodding) :D
Jyotish Scripts's calculations that includes 5 digity.
That sound very interesting!! I'll wait to hear about that from you na krub.
:D In face,Thai astrology is quite close to Vedic Astrology and I've join some Trantric Club and gain some idea about its belief.(i'm not sure if it's effect of the Scorpio Venus in 9 house that lead me this join this club)

Aaa..You also have unaspected sun.what is like for you?
I've read a lot of Articles about it lately.I think i have some clue about it now( it's not about bad or good itself solely.it's more about it's manifest in its special style and even it's individual planet it still be influence by the house ruler of the house it stand )
well I didnt find any post ,in this forum ,is about Unaspected planet except my own post.

you mean Jupiter wont turn bad excess and expansion out of control for my 11 house and 2 house because it conjuncts MC in Angular house so survive from being peregrine(as PA said it could be),right?and it's not only jupiter that indicate 2 or 11 house.Mars;The house ruler of Scorpio,also indicate about that,Is that correct?

Sorry for my poor english.
U know reading english is hard but writing english in harder.

Hi, again.
Well, as for Jyotish i do have to say again that i'm really not familiar with the whole system and have only been reading some books out of curiosity and because I wanted to compare their approach with the approach of Western astrologers when it comes to some parts of the chart delineation process. I'm, by all means, not an expert. :) Jyotish texts can often sound confusing to us; there are many authentic Sanskrit words in them and, in order to even understand what they're about, a westerner usually has to keep a list of translations in in the lap all the time. :) But, I believe that the "numeric" values are actually very close to our system of dignities or, at least, that they have the same purpose. But, yes, they obviously use more numbers than we usually do, that is for sure!
it's not about bad or good itself solely.it's more about it's manifest in its special style and even it's individual planet it still be influence by the house ruler of the house it stand
That was exactly my point- every planet receives the influence of the house and of the sign in which it is placed so, an unaspected planet, does receive influences and, similarly, it itself has the capacity to "leave its mark" on its surrounding (house, sign) so, it is not completely isolated or non-functional only, unlike aspected planets, it receives no planetary influences. But, astrologers often suggest their clients to use temporary planetary influences (from transits to Directions, progressions or aspects from Solar return charts) in order to help this planet to find its way and to communicate with other planets.
I went through some older threads and I have found one that you might find very interesting: it's HERE (link!)
you mean Jupiter wont turn bad excess and expansion out of control for my 11 house and 2 house because it conjuncts MC in Angular house so survive from being peregrine(as PA said it could be),right?and it's not only Jupiter that indicate 2 or 11 house.Mars;The house ruler of Scorpio,also indicate about that,Is that correct?
Pa said it could be, i say it could be..it could always be, but a delineation cannot be rooted in a particular placement; we need to know the whole chart. PA asking if you were keen on martial arts is actually a very good example for this. You have a stellium of planets in Scorpio (a martial sign) and, if I gathered well, inside the 9th (which, among other things, represents spiritual growth and higher knowledge, philosophy etc.) and , with Jupiter (that shares this symbolics with the 9th) being placed inside Scorpio, we do have a very interesting indication of a such possibility. I would actually suggest Karate or Aikido because they are so finely intertwined with the philosophy or religion if you like in which they're rooted. But, as you can see- it is never that simple and you do not practice any of the martial arts. But it was a very good assumption.
Obviously, we need much more than that.
AS for a planet turning bad; that is or, at least in my opinion, should be the whole purpose of Astrology- it should help us, not scare us. If the astrological reading tells you that there is a certain planet that is having troubles receiving outer influences or communicating with other planets it only means that the Native should try to find adequate ways to overcome such placement and shape with the help of other planets. The potential suggestions on how a person can achieve that should also be "readable" from the chart and represents another important task for the astrologer. Again, I'm sure you'll find many interesting thoughts on this in the topic that I suggested.

So, no, an unaspected planet will not necessarily "turn bad". I don't really think that i can give you a simple answer to your question about my Sun. it is actually in separating aspects with two outer planets but has no applying ones and no contacts with any of the inner planets. it is placed in Cancer inside the 11th. None of the texts about unaspected Sun that i have read so far can provide the delineation of my chart, they all provide simple guidelines that need to be blended into the whole picture.

So, if you're interested in knowing more about your 10th house- start from there. Its ruler is Mars, the cusp is inside Scorpio and there's Jupiter sitting on it. The ruler went into Libra and din the 9th. If there is a stellium of planets in there than I'm guessing that this Mars is probably in a bodily aspect (conjunction) with at least one of them which would mean that it receives another strong influence. From there, take one step at a time. The sign on the 10th cusp alone should be descriptive of your profession and career, it receives the influence of Jupiter; take the natural symbolics of Jupiter into consideration and then add the symbolics of the houses that it rules. Is it the ruler of the 11th, the 12th..? The houses from which it is coming will add another important layer on this picture. Then, examine Mars, the ruler of the 10th, its aspects, the possible influence of the 9th and Libra and so on. AS previously said, Jupiter and the 9th are both suggesting orientation towards spirituality,foreign countries etc. whilst Mars is a masculine principle that works well for sports, professions in army etc. And still, it all has to be nicely blended into a whole.
And do the same with your 2nd for your incomes; check the cusp, see if there are any planets in there, is it "communicating" with the 10th, where did the ruler of the 2nd go...etc
Last edited by aglaya on Sat Apr 10, 2010 10:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

The mother of my god-daughter has an unaspected Jupiter, so I have had an opportunity to observe it in close quarters.

Its a lucky aspect. No doubt about it. The Jupiterian power shines over the chart, and while it doesn't make you wealthy, it helps you find good deals, and always seems to protect from true "want".

The downside: a tendency toward obesity which may not be totally related to eating habits. The person really has to exercize a lot, and even then the tendency is still there.

Another downside that she has really struggled with is her shop-aholic tendencies. Unaspected Jupiter really likes to spend money. She's lucky she has an understanding husband.
All I know is that if my birth chart was a horary, the answer would be "No".

My Blog: http://slushpileastrology.blogspot.com/

Hi Roco
Just to goes show Astro cookbooks don't work! Saying that, all the graphic designers I know are a bit obsessive... tidy in their homes and their clothes, appearances matter (makes sense) and they like straight lines : ) or beautiful venusian curves. It's a practical kind of art and now allied to computers so that fits the aquarius (?) rising and moon. Also forward thinkig if the design is innovative. Staurn in libra is a lovely placement.
You've had some great input from aglaya, she's very good! And Sunny Dawn gave a good pointer about controlling spending since it rules your 2nd. Also talents so believe in yourself.

My own sun.. hard to be objective.. I'm not a despot, maybe 12th house cancer moon in a grand water trine tones it down! I'm not really a shy and retiring type, I think I get noticed (for good or bad! Usually good?). I'm happy to speak up for injustice and I'm a strong type, believing we can anything we want if we want it enough. Optimistic and not easily brought down. Can't think what else to say.

My friend with unaspected venus.. he's an outpouring of love! He has a very macho day job and controls a large team of truck drivers. By night he's an accomplished psychic and channels messages from other dimensions! From observing him, I'd say an unaspected planet may show a level of spiritual development.. a lesson to be learnt in this life in it's purest form.. but that is not really a comment for this traditional forum!

So enjoy your jupiter, revel in it, do it! Let it bring you joy. It's part of you, so embrace it.

Thanks for the list of Thai correspondences. No neptune or pluto but uranus is there? My Thai man told me I am a neptune type? He predicted the death of my foster mother and the births of my children and some other stuff that was all accurate. So his timing was spot on!

Sorry for slow answering..
I've so busy lately because I 've clearing my work before long long holiday.(Songkran day: Thai New Year!!)
Thank you ,aglayaI've checked your link.It's more interesting and more.:)

As you mentioned about focusing on Mars (the ruler of 10th house) It's in Sagittarius. That emphasize That i have something to do about
spiritual growth ,Philosophy or foreign, with depth(scorpio)..right?

well I have noticed something my work.
I work in art field related to fashion and beauty.I always work with company that have feminine name.My bosses always be female.Most of my clients are women( I have some guy client,but u know they're not very masculine hahaha) my favorite teachers usually be women .they did help me a lot in university and high school.
I feel there is some connection to Maybe Venus or Moon in my work and life.I'm not sure where it comes from..
what do u think? Venus ,she conjuncts(combusted) Sun in Scorpio who 11 degree from MC.Or Moon(6 ruler) in first house.she touched softly every planets in my chart except Jupiter.
How seperate these lady?(moon and venus)
I guess all youguy here is girl.Am I right?hahaha

hi Sunny Dawn
Thank u.what a good news!hahaha
actually,I was suffering for my thin body.
I had ate like a pig and i got 0.2 kilo.:P
well I've gain weight easily while it's transit.(If you believe in Transit)
and that changed my life forever.I started loving my body now.
shop-aholic?? What that! My rules is just Spend all b=in my wallet and when I dont have any money left.I just take it as break for better plan for next I gonna buy.LOL I know it's stupid.stay home and dont watch TV ,that help a lot.:)
I dont understand "seems to protect from true "want".
Could u explain about that please?

Hi PallasAthene
I'm obsessive person.Haha good word!!I do care for appearances.I think I'm typical graphic designer as your idea.

about your sun.even u said your flooded moon tone it down.but sound very "unaspected sun" to me. well , 12th watery house cancer moon in a grand water trine.wow that's total inundation.You have psychic ability or magic?

thai astrology use Thai alphabet present Napture and Pluto.
I dont know what technic he used for telling u you're Napture type.
The Thai chart look diffirent from western chart. it's link you can check but it in Thai language.
http://www.payakorn.com/lukana.php

Thank u again.I start to love my jupiter now.
:)