Change of moderator

After being our moderator for about 4 years, Andrew Bevan has decided to take a well-earned break and step down from the role. Thankfully, he intends to keep contributing his interesting posts on mundane events, so although we shall miss him as the moderator, we can still look forward to his discussions.

I would like to offer my personal thanks, Andrew, for taking on what I know can sometimes be an arduous task, and for doing it for so long with such good grace and generosity of spirit. As you know, this section of the forum did not attract a lot of attention before you took over the role, and your input of energy has helped to make it one of the most interesting and active areas of the forum.

I am also very pleased to announce that MarkC has agreed to take over the role. Mark was the first person I thought of to be a suitable replacement for Andrew and I was delighted when he accepted the invitation. I expect that sometime over the next few days Mark will want to make some small amendments to the ?Please read before posting? announcement, to clarify his approach to moderation of this topic. Hopefully we will give him a gentle introduction and he won?t have to face a barrage of flaming posts just yet :)

Once again ? thank you Andrew, and welcome Mark!
Deb

Thanks for the warm welcome Deb. :D

Andrew has been such been such a vital force on this forum over the last few years he is a very hard act to follow. His energy here has been awe inspring. :shock:

I do hope Andrew continues to contribute actively to this part of the forum in the future wearing his non-moderator hat.

I will be posting my 'Please Read Before Posting' guidelines in the next couple of days. However, the basic principles remain the same so its very much business as usual here as I see it.

Mark
As thou conversest with the heavens, so instruct and inform thy minde according to the image of Divinity William Lilly