Why does my uncle not contact us?

I love my uncle, he's very much like my father who passed away 8 years ago. I miss them both, but my uncle chooses to never contact us. I used to go to Switzerland in the summers and visit him, he was always nice, fair, but very detached with showing love. I'm older now with a child of my own and I want my child to see him, to feel something of what could be a grandfather figure. She doesn't have one on either side. I recently sent him an email with my photo and my daughter's, I do every few years, but he hasn't even replied.

I asked: Why does my uncle not contact us and will I see him again?
I don't see any foreshadowing of any contact at all and this really bothers me.

I'm Mercury in 6th, Aqua and Moon in 8th Aries, both possibly the worst houses to be in - the worst state. He is Jupiter in his rulership, Pisces and thinking of himself. (I take 7th H, sibling of my father to be him). I hope this is correct.

Though being the great benefic, I don't think he means to be hurtful, but he seems to be in his own world. Mercury (me) in fact, moves away from him I think?? I don't even know if he's passed away. I guess I'd hear, but him being in 7th, I think he's fine??

End of matter is ruled by Mars - but Mars in orb of being in the 12H I believe - sorrow and no contact with him either.

I don't know how a relative could be like this, I've never done anything to have an uncle reject me. In fact the opposite, since I was a child I would always write to him. My father has always told me to never stop trying, so I'm trying everything I can to know how to fix this situation.

Any of your time, even 5 mins to look at this chart is very much appreciated. I know I've not done a thorough job in the interp. but I'm reading everyday about horary. Please criticize my analysis. Thank you!

Hi Maxz,

I'm not sure why you gave Jupiter as your uncle. Normally we give uncles, especially on the father's side, the 6th house rulership. It is the 3rd house (sibling) from the 4th (father). 7th would be the 4th from the 4th, so maybe you just counted one extra.

Also, there is an issue with an early degree rising (in fact VERY early). Many would withold judgment on such an early degree. It signifies that it is too early to ask this question, etc. Or perhaps you've asked before. I think the Moon is also VOC, so you may expect more of the same or there may be little you can do to fix the problem. Two warnings against judgment suggest a flawed and difficult chart to read, which is probably why you have come to the forum for help, but such a chart is usually not very helpful.

I think your ruler is in the 6th because it is your uncle's house and shows your wish to speak to him (hence your being Mercury in a humane sign too - trying to communicate).

So Saturn is your uncle in his own exaltation, but is retro, perhaps showing he has internal struggles in communicating back. Libra is another humane sign, so he might normally be a pretty good communicator. Retro planets obviously have some sort of problem that makes them unable to act properly, and Saturn is known for his stubborness, coldness, etc. Saturn in exaltation is usually a good person, although a night chart might make him a little colder (he is below the horizon with the Sun - so he's halb, which helps). Saturn is in the unfortunate 2nd house, though, and again retro. I personlly think he thinks you want money from him or have a hidden agenda maybe (you are also applying to Neptune, which suggests deceit and Mercury can be a trickster). Does he have a good income? I don't think he dislikes you exactly, in fact there is a separating trine between you with a mixed good reception, but you both separate from one another. This suggests a severing of ties to me. The separating Moon-Saturn opp is very difficult and rejectful with Saturn rejecting Moon in his fall sign of Aries too. Moon in Aries in the 8th is very weak and ineffectual, and the 8th again makes me think of debt or money issues that he doesn't want to deal with.

He is also in aspect with Mars in the 12th in a mutual bad reception. Mars probably represents your father (4th ruler), and so I do think your uncle thinks about what your dad had said to him about staying in touch and regrets not speaking to you. Your dad would likely be angry about it (Mars!) were he still around. Mars aspected Saturn again when it went direct (I didn't look back at an ephemeris - I think in March?)...

Saturn likely did get the email, IMO, since the trine was received, although a retro sig has trouble receiving. Trines normally don't require reception.

Hello Maxz

Just echoing what Tanit said about the 6th house signification, in Deb's book on the houses she lists the 6th for uncles and aunts on the father's side, and in fact I think you'd seen it this way too because you said "(I take 7th H, sibling of my father to be him)."

In other words you're following the principle of 3rd from the 4th, it's just that the 7th is the 4th from the 4th.

Regards

H.

It was likely something that happened around your father's death 8 years ago which caused the estrangement as the Moon in 8th separates from opposition of Saturn, L6, by 8 degrees. Probably something to do with money.

That's if the chart is safe to judge at all given the early degree.

Tara

Your description of your uncle seems to fit Saturn though, so perhaps the chart has some readability. The 7th ruler is strong in rulership, so the forum is likely of better use for your question than trying to read it on your own. Although, we are combust (out of sign), so I think we don't know enough or you might be witholding some important info.

Another thing that makes me think of financial issues is that the uncle's financial ruler (2nd house) is Jupiter in Pisces (domicile rulership) in his 2nd house. Venus is likewise in exaltation and conjunct Jupiter - two strong benefics, although combust. This again shows he likely has good money (I usually think of an exalted Saturn as someone who is financially secure), but perhaps wants to keep it to himself (a miser) or fears losing it. His dispositor is Venus in his 2nd house. As I said, there are a lot of financial indicators, IMO. The Sun combusts Jupiter/Venus and is between Mercury and Jupter/Venus, which makes me think of him wanting to conceal these things (Mercury can't see these planets). Or maybe he has a spouse that makes him feel this way (Sun is his 7th ruler in detriment - someone pompous, etc.). Lilly says an ill-dignified Sun can also represent "hanging on other men's charity," so whoever/whatever Sun represents could relate to this - someone influencing him and hanging on his charity, him thinking you want to use him, etc. The Sun seems important somehow, especially since it is the 12th ruler and afflicts the 1st house. It seems like he's hiding something anyway.

Thank you handn, Tara and Tanit, especially. Thank you so much.

I am a little shook up here (and not in the good Elvis way) because I had a sense it had to do with money. But really, he's always been really detached, intellectual, kind of a snob. Years ago when my grandmother passed away, he basically convinced my father to sell off a condo in another country. My Mom regarded it as hers and had very intense attachment to it. (They already had previous issues in the past too.)

If Merc. applies to Neptune, I don't know what this could be. Is it only "tricking" is it not delusion as well? Something else maybe. I can only think of my mentioning my child maybe moved him emotionally, who knows?

Anyway, I mention all this because Tanit, you had said perhaps there is more to the story.

Technically, Sun could very well be his wife. I don't know her so well, but she was not so wonderful to us anyway.

This all makes really a lot of sense. I find it sickening he would think we want his money, when all I have wanted for years is really the closeness to him - to make me feel close to my own father. He even looks exactly like my father. They both had wonderful stories to tell and it gave me a sense of identity. This is really sad.

Perhaps if I emailed him and said right out in the open, this is not about money, I just wanted to say hello, hear your news, make sure you're not DEAD! ??? I don't know.

Thank you so much for looking. I have to go back and read it all another time to make sure the technicalities sink in and I understand the chart better. It was very confusing to me. Thanks again.