Can assassinations be prevented? by Elsbeth Ebertin
translated by Jenn Zahrt PhD
A Guide to Interpreting The Great American Eclipse
by Wade Caves
The Astrology of Depression
by Judith Hill
Understanding the mean conjunctions of the Jupiter-Saturn cycle
by Benjamin Dykes
Understanding the zodiac: and why there really ARE 12 signs of the zodiac, not 13
by Deborah Houlding

Skyscript Astrology Forum

Is my friend's illness serious? What is it?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
elumen

Posted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 6:11 am    Post subject: Is my friend's illness serious? What is it? Reply with quote

Greetings all;
I received a letter from a life-long friend describing some mysterious and sudden illness that she suffered recently. A few days ago, she felt a sudden sharp pain in her arm, almost lost consciousness and was taken to the hospital by paramedics. They suspected a heart attack (she could not breathe easily, and had some pain in her back as well). My friend is in her middle 30's and has been in good health generally. After running numerous tests, the doctors ruled out the heart attack and any other serious problem (with lungs or spine) but said that she most likely has a broken intercostal ligament. She is feeling better now, and doubts this diagnosis. Upon receiving her letter, I asked the question if the illness is serious and wanted to get some clue as to what it is.

I'm the one who asked the question, so I give L11, Saturn to my friend. Saturn is Rx in Libra in her 8th house. This does confirm the seriousness of her condition. Saturn is a malefic in the unfortunate 8th house, although exalted but R and in a sextile aspect with peregrine Mars in her 6th house (her illness), also Saturn and Mars are in bad reception. This indicates to me some danger to her life and health. Her 6th house is ruled by the Moon (with Mars being the co-sig of her illness). The Moon is in Sag, in her 10H, thus the Moon has accidental dignity, and it is disposed by a strong Jupiter in Pisces, which also is the ruler of the 6th house by exaltation. That seems to me to mitigate the seriousness of her condition. The Moon has just separated from a square with the Sun (the Sun receives the Moon by triplicity) and is not applying to any major aspect, so could be considered void, but according to Lilly it has not fully separated, so not sure if it behaves like void or not. Also Lilly states that the Moon in Sag may perform even if VOC. Since the moon is not applying to any aspect (except with the modern planets) it suggests that no new development is going to occur, so the illness is not likely to progress. (Would you agree with this interpretation?) As far as what kind of illness it is, (I take from Lilly's table on p. 119 of CA II), the Moon in Sag - signifies bowels, thighs and back, while Mars in Leo, knees, heart and belly. From this heart and back stand out b/c they were suspected to be the problem, but ruled out. Mars Rx also seem to indicate some accident, damage my friend did to herself. She wrote that a few days prior to this, she picked up her son, and had felt the similar pain which dissipated rather quickly and my friend did not pay much attention to it. Should I look at the ruler of the H1 for more indication for what kind of sickness it is?
Other interpretations are welcome, & I'm especially interested in the Moon VOC (or not VOC) impact, I consider it to be an indication of "no worry" for my friend. DO you agree or disagree?
(After reviewing Lillyís chapter on H6, Iím a bit more confused, b/c the positive and negative indications in this chart seem to be of equal value. For e.g he states that if the Ruler of Asc is stronger than the ruler of the H6 it means the sickness is not going to overcome the native, in this case L1 is stronger than L6. Also Lilly states that if H6 has cardinal sign, the sickness is not going to last long. At the same time, Mars is malefic in her 6th house and R, which suggests that perhaps the sickness is not going to go away that fast or might reoccur, and it is in aspect with Saturn also Retro and in her 8th. Not sure which factors outweigh here.)
Thank you for looking into this!
dr. farr

Posted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just preliminary and brief view (more later) but:
-contra-parallel of Lord of Ascendant (which I take as representing the subject matter of the question, ie, your friend*), Venus, with Saturn seems to indicate a matter which might well be regarding connective tissue (ie, the intercostal ligament)-I'm not saying this is so, but a cursory look at the chart might indicate this: Question: did the dr who gave this diagnosis base it upon any radiological ("x ray") or other imagining test?
Further analysis to follow.

(*Disclaimer: my approach to horary-particularly to medical horary-is different in many respects than generally accepted modern-or traditionalist-approaches)
Goca

Posted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your friend is represent with Sa rx, according to J Frawley she indeed is not well (ruler is rx). Also Sa is cold and dry and being in hot and moist sign (Li) also indicate that she is not well. Significator of illness is dispositor of Sa rx, here, it is Ve at 1st degree Ar. According to M.Vohryzek this degree signifies - cerebrum. Good news is that significator of illness is in cardinal sign so illness is acute, not long lasting.
http://fensi88.livejournal.com/
elumen

Posted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 3:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you, Dr. Farr and Goca! It makes me feel better that the indicators are not pointing to some life debilitating disease.
dr. farr

Posted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 4:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Relative to the elemental (humoral) considerations, Lord of Ascendant, Venus (subject's significator), posited in Aries, is disposited by Mars in Leo: this = a Fire imbalance; Part of Acute Illness is at 3Libra16, = an Air imbalance; the Significator (dispositor) of the Part of Acute Illness is Venus (note the relation here to the subjects significator: same planet), with, as mentioned above, that planet posited in Aries. So we have an additional indicator here of Fire imbalance. Note also your friend's co-significator (Moon) is posited in the fire sign of Sagittarius. In summary, the elemental (humoral) imbalance in this chart = Fire + Air (the balancing elements required being Water + Earth)

The Part of Acute Illness is conjunct Saturn: to me this is more evidence involving connective tissue (such as the ligaments) being intimately involved in the acute episode; the Libra position anatomically is around the hips, kidney region of lower back, right near the rib-cage (intercostal area); also the Moon (co-significator of your friend) in Sagittarius can connect with the lower back/spine area, and note too that the Moon in placed in a critical degree (which amps up its influence), and is slow in motion (perhaps indicating a temporary weakening of the body to deal with the acute situation) The Sun-also in a critical degree-is swift in motion: thus the vital energy (Sun) was pulling ahead, and the body (Moon-slow in motion) was lagging behind: an internal tension was generated thereby (especially since both Sun & Moon were in critical degrees) and "something's gotta give", which it did (the acute episode, very possibly involving the "giving way" of the intercostal ligament, as the attending dr suggested).

(more to come)
elumen

Posted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I spoke with my friend, and she thinks it was a muscle spasm, but caused by emotional stress. So she thinks that cerebrum is connected to the issue. Thank you Goca and Dr. Farr for taking time to respond.
dr. farr

Posted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 6:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your friend's idea that her acute problem was connected with emotional stress, is interesting in light of the "stress" or "push-pull" tension indicated by the critical-degree Sun and Moon "conflict" which I described in my previous posting. Mercury, also, may shed light on the effects of the emotional stress: in the horary we find Mercury (ruler of the nervous system) posited in its detriment. The humoral balancing agents indicated (Water and Earth) show a need for relaxing and "nurturing", which would "make sense" if emotional stress were an important causative element in the acute episode. Venus being her primary significator, is disposited by Mars: could mean an acute, triggering effect of Martial qualities (anger, frustration, bottled-up feelings about to explode, etc) involved, overwhelming (temporarily) the smooth-good feeling Venus qualities. That the physical-locality of such an expression might be through the anatomical region of the stomach (diaphragm/intercostal region) may be indicated by Dragon's Tail located in Cancer (which sign is affinitive to that anatomical region), with Mars just barely away (at only 21 minutes of the following sign)

That no substantive danger (to life) is astrologically suggested (at least by this horary) is shown by the asc degree being in the monomoiria of the Sun (giver of vitality) and partile conjunct (longitudinally) the highly benefic star Almach, which is of a Venus-like quality (interesting that Venus is also the primary significator of your friend in this horary)
I did not find any longitudinal conjuncts or declination parallels to exist between planets and significantly malefic stars in this chart. Additional positive testimony regarding the integrity of her basic radix vitae is the sextile aspects between the asc degree and the Sun, the asc degree and Jupiter, and, though not really that close, the same between the asc degree and Mercury.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Horary & Electional Astrology All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: