Mars stationary - accelerator stuck

Mars stationary - Car takes off on its own
Aftenposten: Toyota are sending engineers to San Diego to examine a Prius that got out of control on a motorway in Califormia Monday. 61 year old James Sikes was driving the car when the accelerator locked and the car accelerated on its own to 140 km/hr without him being able to do anything.
Mars stationary in the first degree of Leo looking for action? What a show-off!!
James handled the issue like a true Bond, but Sikes probably went Yikes as the car raced ahead. What a shocking experience. California is Leo. Toyota - toys?

Source with clip: Aftenposten
http://www.astronor.com

I thought Southern Ca was Sag?

I mean if you lay the Ecliptic along the equator and apply longitudinal degrees to astrological degrees then southern Ca lay within the first half of Sag. middle to Northern CA lay within later part of Scorpio.. though I suppose its an odd way to look at the world.

adding: also it doesn't account for precession, and arbitrarily assigning the Greenwich line as 0 Aries is a bit arbitrary. but it puts Athens at 23 Aries which I have always thought pretty exact... (note, my natal sun is 23 Aries 39, you may laugh now)

Granny

A circle is a circle, put those 360 degrees on the equator and use the Longitude to align it with the signs, I know an odd concept but there are times when I think it makes Total Sense. Puts Ireland for instance in Pisces, Puts most of the East coast of US in Capricorn, another chunk of the country in Sagitarius and then another Chunk in Scorpio, I think part of Alaska even goes into Libra, I dont recall but I think part of Maine slips into Aqu. obviously South America would align with Aquarius and possibly even Pisces. Most of Europe falls into Aries, then a chunk of the eastern part of the med FAlls into Taurus etc... I dont say its right I just find it sometimes makes sense to me. I suspect you could overlay the Starmap over the globe and get a better line up, because every area really sees its own part of the sky.

Granny

I dont say its right I just find it sometimes makes sense to me. I suspect you could overlay the Starmap over the globe and get a better line up, because every area really sees its own part of the sky.
Granny, I am a open-minded thinker myself - but do you have any reference or supporting work? Ptolemy, Maternus, Lilly, Johndro, Bills? You said California was Sagittarius. Ireland Pisces?? You don't recall but you think a part of Maine slips into Aquarius?

Oooh, I fear this isn't quite up to our highest standards. :???:

Norway had an incident yesterday, 11 March, time 12.26 CST Kristiansand. Same model car, Toyota Prius. The accelerator stuck and the car accelerated to 176 km/hr before the 49 year old driver crashed the car into the auto-protection on the side of the motorway.

Chart cast for the moment the driver called the police requesting help:
Asc 25CN06 MC 17PI36 Moon 2AQ48
Stationary Mars is in the first house. Mercury at 17PI57 is on the MC.

Source: Dagbladet

I think the only person I know that uses that is Rose Murray, who is admittedly a Modern Astrologer. I use it when I can't find a birth chart for a city or place to see if it rings true to the place in regards to whatever it is I'm looking at. But I see Dr Farr sees others that use it. and if you are going to use it, Cartography is the only one that makes sense. It seems to me though you really ought to be able to lay the sky sphere over the Earth sphere and get a good idea of what was where at a given point in time... after all isnt that what we do? its just looking at it differently.

Granny

But I see Dr Farr sees others that use it. and if you are going to use it, Cartography is the only one that makes sense.
Dr. Farr does not support it and I have questioned it. That means I think that the criteria should be high before bringing new elements to school.

I suggest reading "The Earth in the Heavens" by Johndro, which illuminates some of the complexity of the problem. I do not see the comparison to Astro*Cartography and don't know whether Jim Lewis would take that as a complement. I do not object having an open mind to new ideas as long as they are supported by theory and practice, but I am 'brakes-on' if something starts to accelerate on its own accord and in the wrong direction.

The intention with grabbing hold of mundane issues like this is to encourage the astrological investigation. Someone might have the exact time for when the event/accident occurred. Maybe someone has the chart of the driver, or maybe the Toyota Prius. Or, like in the case like this, suddenly another incident with the Toyota Prius occurrs at almost the same time. We have to try pick up the strings and document something of value. OR something is learnt by the discussion.

Remember there are scientists out there waiting to pounce on every opportunity where we weaken our case. That - we do not want to happen.

We did veer off on a tangent, my main one being as a California Native I severely protest CA as Leo, does not fit at all. Sagittarius I might believe,(well if you stick to tinsel town that is, Santa Monica is, though many other towns are Not Los Angeles proper is Aries, 4/4/1850) but if you are looking for a Date to hang on the entire State of CA, it was admitted to the Union (as in the United States) on 9 September 1850,
Making it a Virgo, San Diego on the Other hand incorporated as a city 3 march 1850,(Pisces) though I believe that the prius Incident was in San Diego county not the city, Which has numerous cities and unincorporated areas in it.

the 8 freeway is not just in San Diego, but the part of San Diego County it starts in is Wilderness, the first city it hits is Alpine, then El Cajon, then La Mesa (Where I'm inclined to think this Started, there is a previous incident with a Lexus and a stuck gas pedal that killed a family not long ago there) Before it wanders into San Diego Proper. The City of La Mesa incorporated 16 Feb 1912. giving 26 Aquarius 45 as the natal sun Position. El cajon is 12 Nov 1912, so Scorpio and Alpine is an unincorporated part of San Diego county. The County of San Diego was established by the State Legislature on February 18, 1850, as one of the original 27 counties of California. so you could use that date, but that puts it darn close for a natal sun to that of La Mesa.

enjoy!
granny,
who likes Leo's, but knows she does NOT reside in a leonine state, be that good or ill!

PS I keep a list of the incorporation dates of the cities in ca, should you like one in particular let me know
It sounds as if you have a lot of hard material. Why not use it?
I severely protest CA as Leo, does not fit at all. Sagittarius I might believe,(well if you stick to tinsel town that is, Santa Monica is, though many other towns are Not Los Angeles proper is Aries, 4/4/1850)
The object is to provide something quotable. Skryscript provides the opportunity to show off such work.

LOL,
two things, I wanted to know if there were other people who use that odd, technique, because I find it interesting. And two, because I was trying to figure out why you thought CA was Leo? I think the only country I'd lay Leo on without any dates to back it up would be Egypt, (Well Maybe Ethiopia as well) and that is because of the obsession with Leo in Egyptology. (for Ethiopia it is because they are often thought of in connection to the Ethiopian Lion, an increasingly rare and beautiful animal) but Leo is such a dynamic sign there are few other countries I'd attach it to, OLD England possibly, not necessarily the current country. but then I haven't looked at all the world so who knows there could be others.

Granny