Earthquakes - General Reports

5,5 Richter earthquake shakes Turkey on 8 March at 07.47 GMT, 10km depth

A 5,5 Richter mag earthquake shook Turkey this morning at 07.47 GMT or 09.47 Local time. 38N46 40E14. Although the quake was of an intermediate size, the fact that the epicentre was located only 10km below ground level means that this quake may potentially have cause much damage.

Asc 13GE49 MC 20AQ40 Moon 25SG14

At first sight there are no startling configurations in the chart but the Moon is applying by square to Uranus and this may indicate that there is more ahead. Turket is ruled by Virgo. The Moon's aspect to Uranus is exact at 09.28 GMT, which is interesting by the mere face that the Sun culiminates in the location of the epicentre at 09.30 GMT. The aspect is exact at the time of the Sun's culimination. That puts Pisces in the South and Virgo in the North. Virgo is the sign that rules Turkey.

38 people reported killed. Source:Aftenposten
http://www.astronor.com

5,9 Richter shakes Turkey at 02.32 GMT

Sorry, I overlooked this initial report for earlier this morning. Location: 38N53 39E58
Asc 18AQ42 MC 5SG43 Moon 22SG32

This initial quake occurs with the conjunction between Mercury, L10, and Jupiter, L4 - which is a condition refered to by persian astrologers as an 'opening of gates'.

My comments are as before, that there appears to be a build up that is based upon the lunar aspect at the time of the Suns culimination. But do note how the degree ascending in the first quake comes close to the midheaven in the 2nd quake. The ascending degree at 18AQ42 is opposite the location of the Moon in the Chile earthquake of 27 February.

At Skyscript: Chile earthquake

Several villages have been leveled, so far 57 people have been listed as killed by the quake. As of this date more than 30 aftershocks have been recorded in the area.
Question: is the "supermoon" still operative? Is it an important factor in these quakes?

There is certain the New Moon on 15 March that is in conjunction with Uranus and in the 4th house if calculated for Turkey. However, there is a one degree orb between the syzygy and Uranus - and this may be an indication of a circumstance or event that lies one month further out in time.

EQ 7,2 Richter rocks Mexico

Here is the chart:
Please note that Chiron is probably out in this chart and likely to be located in the last minutes of Aquarius (as discussed under a separate thread).
Under the thread on the 8,8 Richter earthquake that hit Chile on 27 February I have been exploring the idea of a 45 degree/day direction of the Moon from Haiti (Libra or Scorpio?) on 12. January to Chile (Sagittarius) on 27. February and onwards to Capricorn on 13. April [Mexico or India]. The present precaution is that yesterdays' earthquake in Mexico came 9 days ahead of the date anticipated to show maximum tension.

The chart for the earthquake in Mexico shows Saturn and Chiron on the cusp of signs. The Moon's nodes are on the Asc/MC midpoint. Chiron is tied up in a semi-quare with the Sun and in an angular relationship with the Midheaven. Saturn casts a sextile to the IC through signs of long ascension. The Moon has just come off her square to Uranus.

Earthquake 6,9 Richter hits China

At least 300 people are reported dead and 8000 wounded, according to Aftenposten this morning, in an Earthquake that shook China at 23.49 GMT on 13 April 2010. Local time: 07.49 on 14 April.
It is significant. The Universal Date is 13 April and a key date I picked out way in advance. A margin of +/- 1 day would be acceptable for this kind of prediction at any rate. It is 90 days since the earthquake of Haiti and 45 days since the earthquake in Chile. But why this recent event peaked in China, I haven't got a clue. I have to throw in my cards at this point and say that this is a far as I've got and that puts a limited to my prediction.

I still believe scientists and astrologers could be working side by side in such a project to try and unravel a pattern in nature. I do not believe that a new giga-quake need occur on 28 May. My experience from the 90's was that nature takes a break at this point and hops over a few stops to pick up the thread further down the line. Key-dates can still be monitored for activity of any kind.

For the reference, all predictive work regarding afterquakes in Chile, the connection between Haiti, Chile and 13. April, and the prediction regarding the Volcanic eruption in Iceland were delivered to journalists at the Aftenposten.

Hello Andrew,

Thanks for posting this. I see the death toll for the Chinese earthquake is almost 600 now. :(
Mark
As thou conversest with the heavens, so instruct and inform thy minde according to the image of Divinity William Lilly

The earthquake actually took place in eastern Tibet, in an area called Kham before the Chinese invaded. The vast majority who live in this region are Tibetan.

This tragedy has struck close to home as the monk at my temple lost his younger brother and other relatives in the quake. A monastery in the region was also destroyed.

Very sad.

Tara

There was a second Earthquake at 09.25 local time, or 01.25 GMT. Although this 2nd earthquake 'only' measured 5,8 Richter in comparison to the 1st that measured 6,9 Richter, it is possible that the 2nd earthquake at a depth of 10 km was more devastating than the 1st that occurred 42 km below the earths surface. I think it worth considering on whether it is the 1st or 2nd earthquake that is the main event.

2nd Earthquake in China

In the Chile Earthquake of 27 February 2010 the Moon was located 18LE25. When China was hit by the 6,9 Richter earthquake the Moon was 17AR47, then when the 2nd earthquake occurred the Moon was 18AR37. Notice how the IC in the 2nd chart is 17LE39. That is conjunct the Moon in the Chile chart. The close relationships between the charts are really quite exciting.

Additionally, all Air traffic has been suspended in Norway today because of the ashes in the atmosphere from the recent volcanic eruption on Iceland. Apparently the UK is affected, too. All these things happened at once in conjunction with the estimated keydate of 13 April.
Report on air traffic: Aftenposten, VG, Dagbladet

On 27 February 2010 I sent a press release to the television channels NRK and TV2, and newspapers Aftenposten, VG, Dagbladet and Hegnar Online that translated into English read as following:
Since 1989 I have tried to point out that large earthquakes seemed to appear in families and moved in intervals of 45 days. Now this sequence has occurred again with 45 days between the earthquake in Haiti on 12 January and the Chile earthquake on 27 February.

Unfortunately, earthquake scientists have turned a deaf ear to my work which suggests a connection between the movement of celestial bodies and the occurrence of major seismic events.

This does not imply that a new tremor of the Giga-class must arise on the next key date, but there is 45 days until 13 April. First, it is important to monitor when the moon has progressed 90 degrees from the current date, because this can provide a powerful aftershock [in Chile] on 5 March.
The aftershocks did peak in Chile on 5 March +/- 40 minutes of a time later specified [see post 4 March ]. The events we woke up to on 14 April have had dramatic consequences.

From the BBC News website today:

''Indonesia has issued a local tsunami alert after a 7.4 magnitude earthquake struck near the province of Aceh. The quake struck offshore, 214km (133 miles) south-east of the provincial capital of Banda Aceh, the US Geological Survey (USGS) said.

The site is very near that of 2004's 9.2 magnitude earthquake. About 220,000 people were killed in the Indian Ocean tsunami the quake triggered.

The epicentre of the latest quake was about 66km (41 miles) south-west of Meulaboh district, Indonesia's earthquake agency said. The district, and other parts of Aceh, were devastated in the 26 December 2004 earthquake.

The quake hit at 1259 (0559 GMT). Local media reported some houses were damaged, Associated Press news agency said. There was thought to be no threat of a destructive, widespread tsunami, said the USGS.

"However there is the possibility of a local tsunami that could affect coasts located usually no more than 100km from the earthquake epicentre," Reuters news agency quoted the USGS as saying.

Indonesia is located on the volatile Pacific Ring of Fire, a belt of tectonic activity girdling the Pacific Ocean that triggers earthquakes and volcanic activity. Aceh is on the north-western tip of Sumatra, one of Indonesia's main islands, and is frequently rocked by earthquakes. One last year killed more than 1,000 people on the island. About 170,000 people were killed in Aceh from the 2004 earthquake and the tsunami it launched. The waves spread across the Indian Ocean to cause death and destruction as far away as Sri Lanka, Burma and Thailand. ''

Source BBC News website 09/05/2010

Mark

Update from Reuters News Agency is that the Tsunami alert has been lifted:

http://uk.reuters.com/article/idUKTRE6480FA20100509
As thou conversest with the heavens, so instruct and inform thy minde according to the image of Divinity William Lilly