Can assassinations be prevented? by Elsbeth Ebertin
translated by Jenn Zahrt PhD
A Guide to Interpreting The Great American Eclipse
by Wade Caves
The Astrology of Depression
by Judith Hill
Understanding the mean conjunctions of the Jupiter-Saturn cycle
by Benjamin Dykes
Understanding the zodiac: and why there really ARE 12 signs of the zodiac, not 13
by Deborah Houlding

Skyscript Astrology Forum

Will he make a good job of my bridge
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dolly

Posted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 2:49 pm    Post subject: Will he make a good job of my bridge Reply with quote

Can someone help me with this chart please.

4th March 2010
Time 11:27:26
Buckingham
52N 1W

Ascendant 5 degrees 54 minutes Cancer - past 5 degrees so OK to do not too early.

Day of Jupiter Hour of Moon

(Chart is radical ascendant and hour the same)
Moon is at 5 degrees 22 minutes and will change signs in 24 degrees 38 minutes into Sagittarius 6th house of health (succedent fixed - months or weeks - not years/months because Moon is Fast but is in its Fall - Moon me not in great form.

I was not sure about using another planet as co-significator because the Moon is being used for the ascendant - so did not - is this wrong?

Hello everyone

The other day I broke a tooth and I had to go to the dentist to have it patched up which he did. However because like everything else this tooth is very old and shaky and needs to be either capped or bridged for support. There is a gap between it and the next tooth and being at the back is quite important for strength.Hence the dentist suggested doing a bridge.

So I asked the above question "Will he make a good job of my bridge"

The ascendant is Cancer ruler the Moon. The Moon is in Scorpio in Via Combusta in 5th house (does this describe cosmetic appearance) My understanding of Via Combusta is that it describes unpredictability, fear and instability. That describes my tooth alright as well as the fear of having it done. It also means sometimes a "No" answer or unexpected outcomes or not turning out as planned. I certainly don't want that.

The dentist is shown by house 6 which is Scorpio again - does this mean he and I are in tune - want the same thing - and its ruler is Mars Rx - going over old ground (have discussed this before) or delay or in a weak position. Dentist not capable?

4th house is the end of the matter which is ruled by Mercury in 10th (treatment and of course price of work) but Mercury is in its detriment and in its fall so that does not look good - very weak. It is in Pisces its dispositor is Jupiter in its own house and is also the final dispositor of the chart so exceptionally strong - too high price?

I don't think this looks too good - anyone please. Perhaps I should have added "if not should I get another dentist".

Aspects - the only one that has reception is Moon square Mars 4 degrees 50 minutes separating - Ruler Term and Face - but a separating aspect is what has gone before so I think this is probably the broken tooth episode
We also have Moon trine MC and Moon trine Jupiter as well as Moon trine ascendant. A bit jumbled I know sorry. Any help would be gratefully received.

Dolly
handn

Posted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello

I haven't had much time to contribute to this forum lately, so by way of brief contribution I thought I'd do the chart graphic.

I wasn't sure which house system you're using Dolly so I've used Regiomontanus as it's the usual one. Apologies if it's not the one you've calculated your chart with. I can alter this graphic if necessary.

Regards

H.

Edit: imageshack is being a bit weird, and this graphic had somehow managed to vanish, so I'm trying this again. Finger's crossed it'll last longer this time!

Last edited by handn on Tue Mar 09, 2010 4:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Tanit

Posted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm wondering why you would give a dentist the 6th? We usually give doctors the 7th. Is it standard to give them 6th?

There is a separating square between Moon and Mars. Perhaps this is showing the break. The Moon would represent your teeth I think because it rules the 1st and the 1st governs the mouth (and teeth). A planet in fall shows damage, so that makes sense. I think Saturn would probably be the dentist, and the direct movement of Mars soon, making Saturn and Mars meet up again, is showing him trying to mend the break. There is mutual bad reception, though it is a sextile and Saturn does have exaltation (retro because he's going to work again?).

Moon is separating from a malefic and applying towards benefics. 10th deals with the cure, and Moon is applying to some more benefic influences there. There isn't any reception and the Moon is slow and in fall, so the procedure wouldn't be perfect, but likely worth the effort. I know the dragon's tail is in the 1st house though, but dragon's head is in the dentist's house, so he probably knows what he's doing.
Goca

Posted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are Moon in Via combust way. This area can be very disruptive, producing unexpected turns of events. It indicates unpredictable events over which the querent is powerless.
I would use for doctor 7 house and ruler Sa rx, so althought it is in its sign of egzaltation, rx means that right now things do not go as he wish but 'going the wrong way', so I doubt he will do it quality.
His ruler is only in Moon;s face, so he will be of little help for you.
http://fensi88.livejournal.com/
PFN

Posted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moon applies to Jupiter. Nothing to worry about.
Tara

Posted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 2:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Moon tells the story. Yes in Via Combusta but in a good house, this Moon is in a partile Grand Trine with ASC and Mercury who rules the end of the matter, and partile sextile Pluto on 7th cusp -- with reception if we allow Pluto rulership of Scorpio. I think the dentist will do a good job. The fact that he is signified by Saturn is a sign the question is radical (teeth). The fact that the dentist's sig is Rx reflects the fact that he is working on the same tooth again. Moon goes on to trine Jupiter in the house of the treatment and then trines the Sun which is generally a good sign that things turn out well in the end.

BTW, cosmetic surgery is a 1st house matter, being about the appearance.

Good luck!
Tara
Olivia

Posted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 3:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One note of caution. Lilly says, and I have found it to be true so far, that the querent receives damage or prejudice from the answer if the 6th, 8th, or 12th house ruler is in the first house, or in difficult aspect to the ascendant itself or the 1st house ruler.

Saturn, your 8 ruler, is squaring the ascendant. It might be wise to think on this a bit.
Tanit

Posted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 3:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder if the ASC-Saturn square is representing the job before and it not holding? The square is separating, and the ASC might represent her mouth. It doesn't sound like it was the dentist's fault to me (he's essentially strong Saturn, albeit retro), it's just that you have some dental issues.

You might want to include the PoF, and see if it's favorable or if Saturn afflicts it.

If you are second-guessing your dentist, horary aside, you should go to another that is recommended more highly.
Dolly

Posted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Everyone

Firstly thanks to everyone who has replied. Handn sorry but I can't see the chart but yes it was Regiomontanus house system. Tanit I gave the 6th to the dentist because in Deb's book "The Houses" she states dentists as 6th house. You hit the nail on the head that's what I am worried about the fact that even if I have it done it won't be perfect and will let me down later.
I do have a good rapport with my dentist (dentists are my phobia) he is the only one whom I feel I can trust not to hurt me unnecessarily and who puts me at reasonable ease. I think he does know what he's doing but I am still nervous. I can't afford implants which would be a better solution. There was somebody on this forum who was going to have them done last year but we have had no feedback as yet which is a pity. Goca you have interpreted the Moon in Via Combusta as I would - thanks. PFN Thanks I hope you are right.

It seems to me there are lots of "fors" and not too many against at the moment. However, I am still undecided as to what to do. Perhaps Olivia's suggestion about thinking on it is best. Any other comments would be greatly appreciated, Deb or Yuzuru maybe?

Thanks again to all,
Dolly
Olivia

Posted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From what you've described, it's not a cosmetic procedure, for one thing. You need teeth of some sort unless you plan to live on clear broth forever!

It may just be the Mars rx - that would make me hesitate about elective surgery. It'll be direct soon enough, though.
Dolly

Posted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Olivia

Wow THAT was quick - because of the dreaded school dentists and others I have had unnecessary work done consequently there should be more of them than there are (teeth I mean). Your quip about broth I think will become reality sooner than later however I am trying to save or at least manage the teeth which I have got left - hence the bridge question. I realise that most books say do not have surgery whilst Mars Rx which is why I told the dentist I would go away and think about it. Obviously price does come into it which we have not discussed yet but my husband says he will subsidise me should I decide a "Yes". By the way does this chart show the price of the work I wonder. Anyway thanks for your reply.

Dolly
handn

Posted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The chart was there, but now it's not.

Very odd.

I'll go and check what's happened.
Dolly

Posted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Handn

I now have the chart thanks for putting it up.

I asked the question about if the Moon is the ascendant ruler do you use another significator as co-significator - my guess is that if it is already in play there is no co-significator is this the case?

Thanks,

Dolly
Dione T

Posted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Dolly, sorry for bumping this but is an interesting horary.
Mostly for reasons already mentioned, moon in via combusta (in a medical chart - badbad).
South node in 1st house.
Doctor is saturn exalted, a well respected dentist? However, as he also is Rx, he is still not the ideal choice. As he also rules 8th, a surgery.
Mercury end of matters is badly debilitated, fall, detriment and if I saw correctly combust?

If I got that chart (if I were in your shoes - and have been the past year), I would abort the procedure for now. Is common to do a bridge but unfortunately, chance plays a large part on its success and durability. And if a bridge is misplaced in the mouth it can cause serious damage.
Moon applies trine to a strong Jupiter ruler of 10th (medicine or hospital) and intercepted 6th but without reception.
The intercepted 6th could mean a problem hidden, within something else (in teeth it could mean for example something as light as an encased cyst).
Get a second opinion, please?

http://wroskopos.wordpress.com/
Dolly

Posted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Dione T

I don't mind anyone bumping in on this - the more the merrier.
As you have probably gathered I am a bit apprehensive about having a bridge and I agree with you it does all depend on the fitment and quality of it to be a success.

My only comment is that I am using the 6th house for dentist as per Deb's book.

This means that the dentist is ruled by Jupiter and the 10th house of treatment is also Jupiter and it is strong in its own rulership - I think you are taking 7th house with Capricorn on the cusp hence giving Saturn as the significator. Am I correct. Can anyone comment about the South Node (loss) in the first house in a question such as this. At the moment the two teeth involved are filled of course but no cyst yet or did you mean after the bridge?

Thanks again though,

Dolly

Note: I have no idea what's going on with my teeth but now a tooth which I have a root canal job on has gone a bit haywire through my own fault of overzealousness with the floss and I have had to make an emergency appointment for tomorrow to have him look at it - I know its not going to be good news - all the symptoms are as before I had it done.
My ascendant is Gemini - which would put Mars in 2nd - is this why?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Horary & Electional Astrology All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: