Can assassinations be prevented? by Elsbeth Ebertin
translated by Jenn Zahrt PhD
A Guide to Interpreting The Great American Eclipse
by Wade Caves
The Astrology of Depression
by Judith Hill
Understanding the mean conjunctions of the Jupiter-Saturn cycle
by Benjamin Dykes
Understanding the zodiac: and why there really ARE 12 signs of the zodiac, not 13
by Deborah Houlding

Skyscript Astrology Forum

Will they offer me the job?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
elumen

Posted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 7:13 pm    Post subject: Will they offer me the job? Reply with quote

About a month ago, I did a chart for myself wondering if I should ask one of my former employers for a job. The chart had some positive indications and some negative ones, but I judged it to be more negative than positive.

(I felt that positive indicators were,Mercury was ruler of 1H and 10H, there was a mutual reception between Saturn and Mercury , although no applying aspect, Saturn was Rx, indicating my hesitation, and also in the 1H, indicating delays, and limitations, the Moon was in the 8th house and applying to a square with SN in the 10th. So I judged that to be negative, also the Moon is Void, it is applying to the Sun, but the later would change signs before the aspect perfects.)

However, the job market has not been great, and I did contact the former employer and got a response back today. The response was just to acknowledge my email and to let me know that their new recruiting director would get in touch with me directly and see if there is a fit. So the new question came up: will they offer me the job, and will it work out for me? in the past they offered me the job, but we did not agree on conditions. However, I've been working for this company on and off for a few years, so I thought maybe it would work this time.

In this chart, early degree is rising, so the situation is in the very early stage of development. Saturn is the day ruler of Air triplicity and Asc is in Air, so the chart is radical. L1 is Mercury in fall, and the Moon is in fall,in the 6H -- not good significations for me. I'm at a weaker point, ready to accept almost any offer . Mercury has some accidental dignity being on top of the chart in the 11th House applying to a conj. with Jupiter and Sun. The Moon is applying to Venus in the 11th, so I remember reading in one of the articles on this site that if it applies to the Sun or Venus it may still satisfy my wish (correct me if I'm wrong). I like that POF conjuncts MC. L10 is in my 5th in exaltation but R, so its strength lessened, and there is no mutual reception between Mercury and Saturn, but Mercury receives Saturn by face. So from that it does not seem that a concrete development is going to take place right now (no offer), but there is some possibility. What do you think of timing of this chart: i need to wait longer for the situation to develop? also, do you think I could have used the first chart to answer the question about getting the job?
yuzuru

Posted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First of all, I have to say that I hate "should" questions.

Should can mean:
"if I send a resumee will I be well received?" (who cares? Just send it)
"Does that person who was boss and hated me still there?" (better to ask them)
"Are they hiring?" (better to ask them)

I think a "should" question would be of value if you had several job opportunities and was torn between them, what isnīt the case.

Depending of the true meaning of the world "should", maybe you can see the result in the first chart, maybe not. It all depends of what you were really asking. Horaries sometimes answer more than asked, but this is not usual.

I am not hopeful about the second horary, unfortunately. I think the man was just saying things without any intention of making an action. There are too many significators on silent signs, maybe you will have to push the matter.

But best of luck.
elumen

Posted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi yuzuru,

thanks for a quick reply. i have had good relationships with this company, but the last offer they gave me did not work for me, so i was reluctant to approach them again (they offered me less money than i was making at my other recent jobs). also, I'm changing careers and do not want to work in my old profession but i have to, financial pressures are surmounting. hence, my question could be phrased, is it going to be beneficial for me to approach them again and ask for the job (we can lose the "should" word.) :-)
I agree with your interpretation though but I'm sure something else will come up.
dr. farr

Posted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 4:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

From my perspective (which, as you might know, varies considerably from that of "conventional" horary), the Dragon's Tail in the 10th House in the first chart bodes poorly for career/professional considerations, and the DT placement in the 2nd House of the next chart bodes poorly for money. To me (disclaimer: this is only my own way of looking at things), if career (or profession) and money (salary) issues were important intentions involved with these questions, merely by finding the DT placed in the Houses involved in charts 1 + 2 would have led me to a negative response to the questions.
Tanit

Posted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 4:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Elumen - this is very interesting because I have almost the same situation and also almost the same chart. A friend/old coworker emailed me on Thurs for an opportunity at my old job, and I was very hesitant to take any interest in it because I don't want to work there again. I applied and am supposed to get a call next week for an interview.

My main concern for my chart/yours (and I am referencing the 2nd one with Mercury in detriment/fall and combust) is the condition of Mercury and it being conjunct the ruler of its fall. Lilly says of this:

Quote:
If the Lord of the opposite house to the exaltation of the Lord of the lst be joyned unto him; the men of that Kingdome, or people of that City or Countrey shall report ill of him, shall produce false witnesses against him; the ignorant shall beleeve those false reports, nor will they be easily beaten into any other opinion.

Skyscript also says of a detrimented significator:
Quote:
In horary the use of this symbolism is often remarkably literal and can be used to describe someone who has 'fallen' from grace or is incapable of maneuvering a situation to their advantage.

Anyway, I hope it works out for us both. Sounds like we are both under a crappy economy. I am also in California, like you.
Tanit

Posted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 5:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is mine, and you will see it's almost the same:
http://tinypic.com/r/8xpi7q/6

I also noticed Lilith on the MC. The only thing good I saw was Aldebaran on the ASC. Moon is intercepted (boxed in), in fall and via combusta in the afflicted 6th... It's just a lot of warnings. Mostly I don't think it will even be offered, but if we were to take it, I think it would be a very bad experience. Jupiter (7th/11th ruler) seems to represent enemies in the guise of friends or something?

I felt mine was very radical, especially since the planetary hour ruler is also Mercury. I don't know about you, but I am combust because I am terrified of that place, from previous bad experiences. Like you, I am unemployed. I also worked there off and on over the years, same as you.
elumen

Posted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 5:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Tanit, it is quite interesting but not entirely surprising that our charts are so similar, almost identical. It is syncronisity (meaningful coincidence in Jung's terminlogy), and it is likely the reflection on the job market and the larger state of things in regard to the US economy, and our place within it. The interesting thing is I have been wondering about the job situation in the last month a lot, asking different questions about it, and I always got Mercury as L1, and Saturn as L10 (in like 4 charts)!
Thank you for your accurate observation and the Lilly's quote, it makes sense, it could be that they maybe critical/unappreciative or me, b/c I turned their offer down about 8 months ago, but now am approaching them again asking for work. (There could be other reasons too.
No, it does not seem that anything will develop from it right now, and I do not have anything else at the moment, but hopefully something will come up. I truly hope that Mars turning direct will be beneficial. Also, my solar return is a bit more promising for the upcoming year (starts in April, I am an Aries sun). Maybe it is worth while to do a chart as to when the economy would improve in the US? The state of affairs is quite dire, but my employed friends seem to be not affected by it as badly.

Dr. Farr thank you for your comments! I think you make important points: my search is money motivated, so I do not like to see SN in my H10 or H2 for sure, but it does reflect the state of things. I'm now using SN and NN more often in horaries than before. Where does this tradition come from?
Tanit

Posted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 6:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been unemployed since last yr, which is not something I am used to either, and have asked several horaries specific to different jobs that seemed the most significant (I have applied to over a thousand jobs but have asked a handful of times), because I think job decisions are pretty big. The chart seemed to fit how I felt and is radical, based on all of the players and house placements, etc. I know some astrologers say that you should only ask a few horaries a year at most, but I don't think there's anything wrong with asking about several different opportunities when you are worrying if each is a good decision or not.

This economy is very frightening, and the competition is fierce. I have seen part-time jobs that give chump change with 150 applicants, some of which were PhDs. It was smart of you to think of applying to old jobs, and to try to find allies that can help you.
elumen

Posted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 5:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope that you'll find something good, Tanit, and soon. I've been unemployed for almost 2 years, but I'm working on my dissertation so it was somewhat deliberate on my part. However, the economy is in a bad state, and the job market is quite bad, and I have come to a place where I have to get a job. :-(

As far as asking multiple questions, if they do not repeat themselves and are sincere -- I feel that it is OK. If something truly matters to me, I do not see any harm in checking with the Universe (as reflected in the planetary configurations), to find some guidance or reflection of my issue.
Tanit

Posted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also finished up my degree last yr, but was thinking of getting my PhD.

I'm still not sure if Jupiter is trying to be helpful or not. Normally I wouldn't think a benefic would be bad, but it's in place where Mercury is not happy. My issue with my chart is also the Mars in the 3rd influence (3rd being Moon's Joy, and I read somewhere that is more afflictive by being there) with a square from Moon, even though Moon is received by Mars. I had read that the square received was still bad from Mars, especially when ill-dignified (which he is) and ruling the 12th of hidden enemies. 3rd may relate to the email from my friend maybe, or more indication of bad things being said about me by old coworkers or something. Mars is also in the terms of Saturn and in that sextile (mutually bad in reception), so it must relate to the job and is not a good influence. At least it's mainly something of the past vs. the future, but Mars aspects Saturn again when it goes direct next week. The job itself is decreasing in dignity and retro, which seems to me to suggest budget cuts. Though it is retro-ing into a sign of Mercury, and we are talking about returning to an old job.

My detriment/fall is also showing that I don't want to return, I think. It's only as a VERY last resort. I'm in agony at the thought, actually.

Lilly says:
Quote:
If the Lord of the question or the Moon be in a Signe opposite to his owne house, as Mercury in Sagittarius or Pisces, &c., the Querent hath no good hopes of his demands, he despairs, nor doth he delight in it, nor doth he care whether it can be performed or not.
Tanit

Posted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Elumen - did you hear back? Mine was as I predicted - they gave it to someone else and didn't even grant me an interview.
elumen

Posted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 4:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Tanit,

No, I did not hear back from the company, but I'm thinking of pushing it further a bit by sending another message. I'm not very eager to pursue it though, just keep looking and working on my dissertation...

But the charts both your and mine did not suggest that these jobs would be a good fit, so its for the best. Now that Mars is Direct, I am hoping the job hunt will be a bit easier.
elumen

Posted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 2:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A final update: I have sent another message to the company to which I have not received any reply. It seems that this situation has dissolved, as the predictions and chart indicated.
Tanit

Posted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 3:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thumbs down Sorry, Elumen. Sounds like we had similar results. The transit T-square on angles in my chart seems to be turning my world upside down, I dunno about you.
elumen

Posted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 5:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tanit wrote:
Thumbs down Sorry, Elumen. Sounds like we had similar results. The transit T-square on angles in my chart seems to be turning my world upside down, I dunno about you.

Hi, Tanit, thank you but, to be quite honest, I'm not that disappointed. I wish I could get a job in counseling/psychology but it is not likely now, as I'm still finishing my dissertation and need to do the internship hours (which are basically the slave labor for 2-3 years!) so I'm not wanting to take a programming job but I may have to. I do feel positive though, I know that things will work out the best. (Attribuite this to Jupiter in Sag, L10 of my natal chart Very Happy
I hope you'll get something new and the challenging transit is going to help you make changes that you want.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Horary & Electional Astrology All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: