Earthquake 8,8 Richter hits coast of Chile

Earthquake 8,8 Richter hits coast of Chile

The most powerful quake hitting the area for 50 years. Tsunami warnings have been issued.
Time 03.34 near the epicentre, or 06.34 GMT. Depth 35 km.
The nodes were rizing as Saturn, Lord of the ascendant, stressed by his square to Pluto, is culiminating. Mercury, Neptune, Chiron are square the Asc/MC midpoint, or on the Asc/IC midpoint. The Moon is in the fixed sign Leo and in the degree of the nodes, casting an inconjunct aspect to the Ascendant.
http://www.astronor.com

The chart that I prefer for Chile is the 18 Sept 1810 chart for the meeting at 11 am which triggered independence ( and the day on which Chile celebrates independence).

The IC of that chart is 10 degrees Pisces - within a degree of that of this weekend's Full moon conjoining Jupiter.

[Chile is of course literally a hotbed of seismic stuff -at the border of a number of plates- with 36 active volcanoes and over 100 others]

The 15 January 2010 annular eclipse chart gives for the city of Chill?n
MC 16?58' Libra
Asc 29?25' Capricorn
The earthquake Mars position is close to the Descendant of the eclipse.

Eddy wrote:The 15 January 2010 annular eclipse chart gives for the city of Chill?n
MC 16?58' Libra
Asc 29?25' Capricorn
The earthquake Mars position is close to the Descendant of the eclipse.
It was invisible from South America.
And on the other hand the last visible eclipse was in 2007 when the Sun was rising, so effects should be early in the case :(

margherita
Traditional astrology at
http://heavenastrolabe.wordpress.com

?n view of this being the 5th strongest earthquake since year 1900 and making this event a Royal Quake, as such, I would like to point out the the nodes and the ascendant are quare the exaltation degree of the Sun at 18AR56 and the Moon is trine this point from Leo.

This quake is definately a testimony of the tensions occured by the Saturn/Pluto square, which represent the Earth's crust and underworld. The Moon applies to the opposition of Mercury and Neptune, which is representative of the waves that have been warned and are now expected.

I should point out that no more than 45 days passed since the earthquake in Haiti. This is something that I have stressed on several occasions, that earthquake moved in families and that there often appears an interval of 45 days between such quakes.

Reference: astronor.com
Last edited by Andrew Bevan on Sat Feb 27, 2010 6:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Just some notes I've found while looking about...

Tsunami hit French Polynesia but was less than 2 meters and no damage reported, The Samoa's are on alert, but they are not expecting it to be as bad as the last one. (So Far)
TSUNAMI - President Michelle Bachelet said a huge wave hit the Juan Fernandez islands. Radio stations reported serious damage on the archipelago, where Scottish sailor Alexander Selkirk was marooned in the 18th Century inspiring the novel Robinson Crusoe.

I do wonder if this is the Andes Fault line of if it is the Peru Chile trench? for something this big I would expect on of those two and not a smaller fault line.

The U.S. Geological Survey said the earthquake struck 70 miles northeast of Concepcion at a depth of 22 miles at 3:34 a.m. (1:34 a.m. EST).

For Chile that is Saturday the 27th 2010 and that is a 7 hour difference for GMT that would make the quake time 8:34pm 26 Feb 2010 for GMT, If I'm not mistaken?

granny

I would like to point out that the Haiti earthquake and the Chile quake do in fact occur on the same meridian 72W27 (Haiti) and 72W43 (Chile). A another giga-sized earthquake does not neccesarily have to occur on the next 45 day key-date but if that were the case then 13 April is the date. The first thing to do is to see whether a new major afterquake occurs after the Moon has moved 90 degrees forwards in the sky, which brings us to 5 March.

We do have the square between Saturn and Pluto that may be at the core of the recent disturbances, but then there is also the recent solar eclipse of 15 January.

The next step in our research into this sequence of quakes I would suggest to be determining the initiating quake. Being uncertain on this at present my best guess would be directing a point from somewhere in Sagittarius (Chile) and 45 degrees ahead into either the next sign Capricorn, or to the first half of Capricorn. Nations under the rulership of either Capricorn or Aquarius could be vulnerable for such a shake-up. This argument would be strengthened if there was some lunation or other local phenomena going on in that area at that point in time.
Last edited by Andrew Bevan on Sat Feb 27, 2010 10:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I disagree, I'm quite certain it is the same as U.S. mountain time, As it was Expressly given as two hours behind EST, which is 5 hours different than GMT, or one hour ahead of My time. however all that aside...

latest report, at about 12:01 pm Hawaiian time, that is 10 hours different than GMT, the first surge arrived in Hilo bay at 5.5 feet in height. slightly less than 2 meters, they are expecting 4 surges.

And USGS says more than 50 Aftershocks have hit the Concepcion region, the largest being about an hour after the main quake at 6.9 on the richter scale.

Granny

rofl, I was just looking it up so cross post here, I didn't realize South America was THAT askew from North america, so it is 5 hours different from me, I thought it was ASkew the other way... well you learn something new Everyday,

In the mean time, America Samoa has inundation at least one mile inland from Tsunami. the water is not deep, but the current is very strong.

PS, California coast has seen the Tsunami surge pass, but it was not significant here due to the angle of the surge, it caused 6 foot Wave Switches in San Diego, then a 2.5 foot surge in Santa Monica, and a 3 Foot Swell up here in Ventura county. the coast here is such that it has to come at us from a different angle to cause problems. Alaska quake for instance. Life guards didn't even blink, just watched.

the Channel Islands here in CA, Are all steep enough in coast that a surge of 3 feet wont effect them much. the churn however is probably causing the fishermen fits. One of the best earliest reports of a Tsunami is the real life story in the book Island of the blue Dolphin, that Island is actually San Nicholas Island, in the Ca Coastal Island Chain called the Channel Islands. (not to be confused with others by similar name)

G.

-The same ASC/DSC axis and MC/IC axis exist as in the Haiti quake, except now in the Chile quake are reversed (Haiti ASC Cancer/DSC Capricorn; Chile ASC Capricorn/DSC Cancer; Haiti MC Aries/IC Libra; Chile MC Libra/IC Aries)
-Saturn is conjunct the MC/IC axis in both quakes: in Haiti Saturn conj IC, in Chile Saturn conj the MC
-Both charts contain the Lunar Nodes in the ASC/DSC axis: South Node in ASC of Haiti quake, South Node in DSC of Chile quake
-Both charts posit Mars in the fixed sign of Leo
-In this Chile quake the Lot of Destruction is at 10Gemini57 (a mutable sign; in the Haiti quake the Significator of the Lot of Destruction was found in Virgo, another mutable sign), Lot of Destruction dispositor (Significator) = Mercury (posited in Aquarius, itself disposited by Saturn {which was Significator of the Lot of Destruction in the Haiti quake}
-Mercury in partile conj Neptune (both Mercury + Neptune being in close opposition to the Moon)