Horary - re house-sale

Hello,

Anyone fancy have a look at this horary for me? It is for a friend at work who asked if anything would happen in the next two weeks with regard to his house-sale. He has been trying to sell his house near Edinburgh for quite a few weeks now and is relying on the sale to conclude with the purchase of another home on which he has put down a deposit.

16 July 2004, 12.56 BST (lunch time), Edinburgh - Asc. 13.34 Libra.

I thought it would help me out with the right answer and also keep all your brains in action :lol:

Thanks a lot - I look forward to hearing from you.
Susan,
Edinburgh.
www.horaryqueen.co.uk

Hi Susan

It looks like something is about to happen, with the 1st & 7th rulers applying so closely to sextile and the Moon highlighting the issue through its conjunction with Saturn, (4th house ruler) on the Midheaven.

The chart shows this to be a very significant time, but the Moon?s connection with Saturn is something to be cautious of. Generally that aspect will bring some disappointment or reminder that reality is not worth getting so excited about. The 10th house indicates the price so maybe there will be an attempt to drop the asking price. The sextile between the main significators shows that this is a good opportunity to make an agreement, but your friend needs to remain a little flexible - I think a deal would only be possible if he could accept some lessening of his expectations or loosening of his time frame. I should ask for more details really ? like whether a buyer is already on the scene, and how well the parties involved match up to the symbolism of the chart ? but from first glances it looks like a deal will seemingly be easily made, because Venus and Mars perfect the sextile first, and then after that the Moon perfects with Saturn, which would be very surprising if it doesn?t bring along some unexpected problems or frustrating delays.

My main reservation is the limited time factor enquired about, because Saturn makes everything move more slowly and if your friend can?t afford to wait or manoeuvre himself through any upsets, the potential of the agreement between the main parties could be spoilt.

It's also worth looking at the trine between Venus and Neptune - is your friend attending to all the the details with due care and attention? And what do you think is the significance of the separation between Mercury and Mars, and the Moon's immediate sextile to Jupiter?

As Saturn rules the property (house) and is in Detriment, this might indicate that the house is not in particularly good condition, so a further caution might be to ensure that he knows just what he is buying.

I'm not so sure about the symbolism of the Mercury separation - this is a pure guess and probably hopelessly wrong. Mercury is separating from the significator of the seller, so whatever it represents is going away from the seller. Mercury rules the twelfth and the seller's sixth as both of these houses are unfortunate it might be that the seller is getting rid of a property which has problems and your friend is taking on something that might, in the long run be a source of misfortune or debt.

Even if my stab at Mercury is out, I'd still have your friend ensure that all is well with the property before partng with his money.

Hi Guys,

Thanks for your input.

Minderwiz, you might have misunderstood - my friend is asking about the sale of his present home as he has put a deposit on a new house.

Anyway, here is my take on this:

The house is 4th and Saturn - not in good shape, so perhaps not as desirable to prospective sellers as he thinks.

The price is 10th and Moon - in strong dignities so perhaps overpriced.

I see a partile sextile between seller (my friend 'A') and prospective buyer. In the last couple of weeks he has advised that he approached the builders of his new home to see if they would buy his current property - a kind of 'trade-in'. I thought perhaps this was Mars - however when I asked him he said nothing in the pipeline at the time of the question. So it looks like the perfection of Mars Venus represented the viewer who turned up at the weekend - a day or two after the question.

There is some reception between these two BUT Mars in Saturn's detriment - he doesn't like the house does he? :(

Three things seemed to be 'in charge of the MC' if that is not too much astro-poetic licence: Moon strong - high price, Saturn in detriment - house not good and thirdly the Sun. As the Sun is on 9th by antiscion I am taking this as a 'cosmic signal' that he is important in this. When I thought he was in communication with a buyer I thought that these builder people may have had agents/messengers so 5th from 7th would be indicated by Sun - this being on 3rd from 7th I thought they were either not speaking or not putting all their cards on the table. However as they don't really exist since this seems to have fallen through, I am taking the ruler of the 11th to be the third factor governing the purse he would get for the house as his idealism - this being on the 12th from the said purse, he is losing out. This might be 'stretching the envelope' as it is called, but hey I'm confused here.

Another thing jumping out at me is the partile square from Moon to Asc/Desc - this high price is really not helping.

The last aspect from the Moon was in the previous sign and was a sextile to Mercury - ruler of 12th - a loss/disappointment.

The next aspect is to Jupiter, however not in the dignities of Saturn so doesn't look like he wants the house. Jupiter in sign and exaltation of Mercury - ruler of 12th radical and turned from the 10th. Also by antiscion Jupiter is on 7th cusp so this looks like a prospective buyer but I say without receiving Saturn it doesn't say yes to me.

So today I committed to an answer and said I didn't think it was likely and that the price may be a bit high and that he may be a little idealistic. I asked about the condition of the house and he says it's very good - I know it's a newer style as opposed to an older tenement so it's unlikely to have any of the structural problems/damp/subsidence etc. that we find here in the older houses.

I hadn't really looked so much at the Moon approaching Saturn as I would take the next aspect as being to Jupiter. In answer to the question about Mercury separating from Mars - it's got me scratching my head!

Anyway, thanks again for your help guys - I'll keep you informed.
Susan,
Edinburgh.
www.horaryqueen.co.uk

Hello there,

A little update on this one:

The question was 'will something happen with regards to selling the house within two weeks'. I asked him if he had a potential buyer in mind, or anyone who had viewed the house that he had some dialogue with about it. His answer was no.

Just towards the end of the two weeks someone came to view and then after a while longer made the offer. There was some delay in getting the missives signed because of his lawyer being on holiday, or such like. Now when I ask him he says 'yeah, hopefully, as long as nothing goes wrong'. Still it does look like he has definitely sold and that something did happen within the two weeks as the first contact was made just within the period.

This is confusing though as I took the next aspect to be to Jupiter and that it would lead to disappointment and a falling through of any current deals he thought he had on the go. As, I think, Deb pointed out there was a conjunction with Saturn showing positive result although quite long drawn out. So it would appear that this conjunction to Saturn is in the process at the moment, but what about the Jupiter?

This sounds pathetic, but in my determination not to be wrong, I am wondering if he DID have someone in mind (he had several viewers who didn't amount to anything at the time he asked) and that this was the Jupiter disappointment, so now he has the Saturn at-long-last sale!

Any comments?

:-T

Thanks.
Susan,
Edinburgh.
www.horaryqueen.co.uk

very good exercise!

I have only read Deb's before giving my try. Now I shall check the others'.

Using Dorotheus table of dignities;

Venus receives Saturn, Venus and Mars, so, all the significators would seem to be happy. In the meantime, as things try and develop:

Saturn receives Venus, Jupiter, ruler of 3rd and 6th, and Moon but is in detriment in Cancer: the house is not is too good a shape: there will communications, explanations, something which is not apparent will emerge with regard to bad state of? plumbing, drainage, dampness?? Some works need be done to improve the state of the house and this will bring discussions over the set price.

Mars receives Sun, Saturn and Jupiter but Saturn and NN are in detriment and fall, respectively: any possible buyer, or THE eventual present possible buyer will fear the house is not what he was looking for.

Moon receives Venus, Mercury and Moon but Saturn and Mars are in detriment and fall, respectively: although Moon perfects a conjunctions to Saturn and translates his light onto Sun, ruler of 11th house of hopes, but to give Sun satisfaction it would seem that Moon will have a hard job, to convince Mars of the brightness of the deed, especially as Saturn is combust and under the Sun beam, being less than 8? from Sun. The owner thinks too much of his property.

If we want to keep it strict, we see that Venus is separating from a sextile to Mars, although we could take moiety of orb into consideration; still a separating aspect shows difficulties to be worked on.

Mercury, ruler of 9th house of legal papers is also separating; it receives Sun, Mercury and Jupiter.

In our case we could take Pluto into consideration, modern ruler of 2nd house of properties. Mercury is perfecting a trine to Pluto in Sagittarius, sign of legal practices, put in 3rd house of written papers and documents. Lots of drilling and digging. South Node in 2nd house: the owner needs to get rid of the place.

Jupiter, his governor, in Virgo, critical and analytical sign, rules 3rd and 6th house. He receives Venus, Venus and Venus but Jupiter and Venus are in detriment and fall, respectively. Communication will fail to be consistent and reassuring.

Moon will sextile Jupiter before reaching Saturn, communication and visits to the place to check its state will take place, but all this takes place in a cadent house, not much ground for steadiness.

Sun and Mars are in a cardinal house. Sun rules the persons house of pleasure and gambling? he could decide that if price goes down it might still be interesting to put his money on it. After all, NN is in 2nd house.

Having considered Pluto, lets take Neptune in. He rules 6th house: derivative 12th for the significant other, and Mars is perfecting an opposition: Mars will try and see clearly into the minuteries, beyond the big picture.

Venus will perfect a trine before Mars opposition: the querent has great, dreamy expectations? Neptune in Aquarius receives Saturn, Jupiter and Moon. Sun in detriment. I think there is a person hanging around but he will frustrate the seller hopes and results will be delusional.

I do not see a sale in two weeks. It looks like parties? hopes and illusions will have to find a half-way agreement: a drop in price, to compensate expenses which will be higher than they look. And the house is very damp, I fear.

violalaura
ciaodalauraviola