Interviewed - Will They Offer Me The Job?

Just back from London, had an interview today for a job in a top design agency in London. They're fairly high profile so it would be a good job to get!

The chart:
So my significator is the Sun in Pisces. I'm peregrine which sucks. I'm also in the 8th House which is also crap. But I do have an applying aspect to Jupiter, the Greater Benefic. The sun also rules my second house, and I found this job through a job agent. I think Frawley at least assigns the second house to anyone who is working 'for you' (as in someone who is an asset to you, as opposed to a sixth house 'servant' relationship) and I think the Sun actually describes him better than it does me, especially in the house of 'other peoples money'.

My co-sig is Moon in taurus in the 10th house. Being in the 10th shows I'm thinking about this job and probably makes for a more suitable significator as I'm not in any "8 house" kind of situation - I"m not anxious about it as I already have a job, it'd just be nice to work there.

Moon in taurus has good dignity being domicle and in the 10th might show my being successful, or more likely, that I'm thinking about work and career.
The sig for the job is Mars retrograde in Leo. This looks like a really good job to me so not sure why its retrograde. Mars is also pretty peregrine but is in my first house (5d away from a house), so if nothing else we have 'mutual receptino' by house placement, the job being in my house, and me being in the jobs house.

We're also applying to aspect quite tightly, but by square.

Dunno what to think about this really. In a lot of ways it looks pretty good, but sun in the 8th house doesn't look great if it IS signifying me and the job being peregrine and retrograde doesn't inspire me with confidence. But the other stuff looks positive. I should know by the end of next week, so shouldn't be long to wait on this one!

EDIT
Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong with that image? I'm trying to load it from another server at tribe.net.

I've been wondering about that 8th House as well. One thing they mentioned in the interview was that part of the job would require me to do up HTML emailers that get sent out to people. It sounds a bit like spam to be honest and not really something I'm really up for, but it's only a part of the job and the rest is working on big brands that are house hold names here in the UK. I'm just wondering if I'll end up hating doing that kind of stuff, it's literally soul destroying!

I wouldn't be working on commission or anything like that, however if I got the experience there I could add more stuff to my portfolio which would strengthen any freelance work I do part time.

The money for this job seems pretty good. We didn't talk about salary in the interview, but if they offer me what it was advertised for, then it'll be a huge pay rise compared to what I'm on currently, however, often agencies like this offer the top end amount only to people who tick every single box. There's a couple of things I'd have to learn so they'd probably drop down the salary if they offered it to me.

You mentioned partile aspect. I noticed that too. It's roughly half a degree in a fixed sign. I took that to mean half a week. If that's right I'll hear back on Tuesday. The job agent said I should hear back early next week.

Thanks Tanit!

Hi Paul,

I'm sorry but I cannot see the chart in such a hopeful way as you and Tanit do.

Lilly, CA p. 302, Nr 13:
"A Retrograde planet, or one in his first station, Significator in the Question, denotes ill in the Question, discord and much contradiction."

Furthermore the main significators don't see each other and they are not in a helping mutual reception. Dwelling in houses is (with Lilly) not enough in my opinion, the Sun not even received by Mars, significator of the quesited.

The Moon could translate the Sun's light to Mars but she is not received by the Sun. You could argue that Sun and the Moon are here significators of one person and thu a reception by the Planet the light of which is translated is not necessary. But then the square is still without any reception and Mars retrograde and peregrine.

It is to be feared that either they won't offer the job to you or the conditions will be unacceptable for you.

Tanit, how do you think can a combusted Planet, here Jupiter, help the Sun who harms him in this worst way? Thanks in advance.

Regards
Johannes

Hi all :D
Interesting chart, but I'm afraid I don't see how Paul could get this job.
The ruler of the ascendant, Sun is ill-disposed, being placed in the 8th and not beholding its own house. It also doesn't apply to some other planet which would render its light to the ascending degree - hence afflicted and in a bad condition to signify the querent.
The Moon, on the other hand,does apply to the ruler of the matter, Mars, but to what purpose? Mars is retrograde and peregrine, not received, a malefic out of sect in a day chart, promising nothing good. The matter inquired about is not sound! Mars is unable to retain the light of the Moon, he doesn't receive the Moon in any of his dignities(in fact, the Moon aspects him out of the sign of his detriment, so Mars rejects whatever Moon has to offer).
The positive thing is that the Moon gets its light returned without being harmed by it, because it is angular and strong in essential dignity - in another words, the querent gets out of this situation in one piece :)
Even if Paul does get the job, it won't fulfill his expectations and he won't stay there for long.
I'd like to be proven wrong in my analysis. :)
Regards
Goran

Tanit, how do you think can a combusted Planet, here Jupiter, help the Sun who harms him in this worst way? Thanks in advance.
This has been something in other horaries, and as was mentioned, when you are the Sun, are you to never conjunct another planet? :???: Some say domicile is like a shield too. I suppose we should also ignore the royal star Fomalhaut in the situation? It's plain ol' combust Jupiter? The querent has a job already and received an interview at a top agency in his field. Does this strike you as a person without resources?

To each his own. The 8th is quite debilitating all around anyway.

I also don't see where my interpretation was so favorable, since I basically said he would likely hate the job if he did get it and accept.

I have never seen a perfect horary, there are always warnings that are meant to be useful. If everything is taken to be doom and gloom and you shall not pass, does that really help someone? Yes/no answers can be learned without divination. Just waiting for the phone call will give you that.

I mean the good point about this horary is that either way we'll find out in a few days, but I agree with Tanit regarding the Sun. When the Sun is my significator it must surely be 'allowed' to conjunct another planet without it always being a negative.

I had wondered about whether they would off me it but that the conditions of the role would be unacceptable. I did a horary at the end of last summer about a different job in London and in that scenario they offered me the job but at reduced salary and I turned them down. My significators were in the 8th House at that occassion too.

I agree it's not a terribly positive chart. I'm thinking that I'll at least come very close to being offered the job, but if they offer it I won't like the conditions of acceptance or end up hating the job itself.

Tanit wrote:
This has been something in other horaries, and as was mentioned, when you are the Sun, are you to never conjunct another planet? :???: Some say domicile is like a shield too. I suppose we should also ignore the royal star Fomalhaut in the situation? It's plain ol' combust Jupiter? The querent has a job already and received an interview at a top agency in his field. Does this strike you as a person without resources?

To each his own. The 8th is quite debilitating all around anyway.

I also don't see where my interpretation was so favorable, since I basically said he would likely hate the job if he did get it and accept.

I have never seen a perfect horary, there are always warnings that are meant to be useful. If everything is taken to be doom and gloom and you shall not pass, does that really help someone? Yes/no answers can be learned without divination. Just waiting for the phone call will give you that.
Thanks again for your answer, Tanit. I know for example Frawley's opinion of the combustion not being a hindrance for the perfection of a matter. But this is meant only in the case of a combusted significator of the question. Here Jupiter is not significator and thus combusted following the Tradition which was unaware of modernity and the domicile's protection as a shield against the combusting Sun. But perhaps you have an example of an ancient authority at hand? It would be very interesting to know whether Fraley's opinon has a tradition. Otherwise I stick to Lilly's and other ancient autohors' definition of combustion without exception.

Frawley also states that when the Sun is one of the significators, combustion doesn't occur which is logical; if it weren't so, the Sun would never be able to signify anything without destroying every planet it comes into conjunction with.
Why should we concern ourselves with Jupiter in this case at all? It doesn't help Sun in any way to perform in this horary - both are locked inside the 8th in aversion to the ascendant, so they don't have much say in this chart. The primary testimony hinges on the Moon.

But perhaps you have an example of an ancient authority at hand? It would be very interesting to know whether Fraley's opinon has a tradition. Otherwise I stick to Lilly's and other ancient autohors' definition of combustion without exception.
Because ancient authorities always stuck to their own aphorisms, without exception or using common sense? Lilly always did that, for example?

To you, when your significator is conjunct another planet, that is irrelevant, it is an invisible body, because it is not your significator or the quesited?

A peregrine significator in the 8th on its own does not fit the querent's current position and doesn't exactly make sense, and I'm a logical person. It's like in tarot - are the Death/Tower/Devil cards always the same thing without any other useful info? He's been given other interviews and offered other jobs and has a job right now. Peregrine planets have pretty much no resources, especially in the 8th. They are literally like homeless people. Jupiter/Venus, to me anyway, seems to represent a creative factor/talents for the querent, especially since Jupiter rules the 5th and there is an applying conjunction of his planet to this planet. Since he is in the 8th, and in aversion to the ASC, perhaps such talents would be lost, over-looked, or wasted at this job. Or literally burned up (over-worked, etc.).

Yuzuru posted a quote in my "pushing dignity" post that may apply here with Venus/Jupiter being dignified and Sun peregrine (if you allow the Sun to be "pushed" dignity, which is questionable):
from Abu Mashar?s "the abbgreviation of the introduction to astrology", ed. and transl. by Burnett, p. 26

30- pushing nature is if the planet A applies to the Lord (B) of the sign in which (A) is, or in its (B?s) exaltation or in its(B?s) term, triplicity or decan: then (A) pushes the nature of the planet B onto it (B).

31 - Pushing power is if the planet A is in its own house or its own exaltation or the other dignities we have mentioned, and applies to another planet (B): then (A) pushes A?s power onto (B).

32 - pushing two natures is of two kinds. One of them is if the planet (A) is in a sign in which it (A) has dignities, and it applies to another (B) which has dignities in it also. For example venus (A) when it applies to Jupiter (B) from pisces. The second kind is if a diurnal planet applies to a diurnal planet and the two are in a diurnal place, of a nocturnal planet applies to a nocturnal planet, and the two are in a nocturnal place.

33- Pushing councel is when a planet applies to a planet from whichever direction the application is: and if this is from friendship or compatibility or with reception, it is favorable; but if this is from antagonism or enmity, it is the opposite of this.
I also happen to know the querent's natal birth chart, and have seen other horaries for him. He's an 8th house stellium involving the Sun, his MC ruler Leo, and seems to end up in the 8th on more than one occasion in work questions. He also has a dignified Venus, which the current Pisces planets are sextiling at an angle and will soon approach his 5th. I have seen, on many an occasion, a horary represent us astrologically. Just the other day I saw a Mercury-Mars opp, Mercury-Saturn trine literally represented as his natal, and I found it very interesting. For myself, I am often an accidentally strong Mars (essential strength varies), no matter what the question is.

We can all certainly disagree, but it boils down to the reality of the situation. I could very well be wrong, and it's not my chart, I am only giving my two cents. So it's best to wait and see before you start questioning observations.

Yeah that 8th House Sun doesn't really relate to me right now (except that I'm strong natally with the 8H), but its possible it would represent me were I to be offered the job or to accept it.
I've got a job at the moment, I'm not being forced to look for work, it would just be good to get this other job. I'm not really anxious about it though, save for impatience in just wanting to find out either way - I hate knowing I don't know something!

Thanks everyone. Just an update. In my own interpretation I suggested that if the timing is right I'll hear back today.
They've contacted me and want a second interview with me on Friday. This exactly as Tanit suggested.

Sorry, I'm actually spamming my own thread at this point, but I mean to come back to one of Johannes comments:
[quote]the Sun not even received by Mars, significator of the quesited. [/quote]

Is this because there is no aspect? I know reception only occurs if an aspect is involved, but if were to just go by the planets, then the Sun is in the triplicity of Mars so Mars would receive me by triplicity. Of course there's NO aspect so its perhaps a moot point, but I just wondered if you meant because of the dignities themselves or because of the lack of aspect. Is triplicity not a strong enough dignity to suggest that a planet would be received by it?