johannes susato wrote:Furthermore the main significators don't see each other and they are not in a helping mutual reception. Dwelling in houses is (with Lilly) not enough in my opinion, the Sun not even received by Mars, significator of the quesited.

Paul wrote:Sorry, I'm actually spamming my own thread at this point, but I mean to come back to one of Johannes comments:
the Sun not even received by Mars, significator of the quesited.
Is this because there is no aspect? I know reception only occurs if an aspect is involved, but if were to just go by the planets, then the Sun is in the triplicity of Mars so Mars would receive me by triplicity. Of course there's NO aspect so its perhaps a moot point, but I just wondered if you meant because of the dignities themselves or because of the lack of aspect. Is triplicity not a strong enough dignity to suggest that a planet would be received by it?
If you follow Lilly and Ibn Ezra there is mutual reception between the Sun (in the triplicity of Mars) and Mars (in the domicile of the Sun) - other than I have said in my text above. Sorry for that!
I stick to the definitions of Lilly and Ibn Ezra who expressedly don't claim aspects as to mutual receptions.

Following Lilly the Sun is received by Mars in his triplicity without aspect.
But of course as well the retrogradation of Mars remains a problem as the fact that both planets dont have any dignities of their own in their positions.

Tanist's argument
Neither are able to receive anyway, aspect or not, based on debility
is doubtful in my opinion because Bonatti (you are referring to Bonatus, Tanit, aren't you?) doesn't mention peregrination as a reception hindering debility (him referring only to major debilities as detriment and fall as far as I can see) and he is dubious. On the one hand he speaks in this context of not effective receptions but then:
"(...) because then [being in his major debilities] the Sun cannot receive any of these [planets] (...)"
Reception is elaborately discussed in another very interesting thread where I'll explain my point more in detail.

Tanit wrote: The Sun might gain some strength from both Jupiter and Venus though, since they are essentially very strong and there is an applying conjunction. So you may gain strength via what these planets represent for you in the field of design: creativity, original ideas, making good money, meeting new people, etc.
johannes susato wrote: Tanit, how do you think can a combusted Planet, here Jupiter, help the Sun who harms him in this worst way? Thanks in advance.
Tanit wrote:Jupiter/Venus, to me anyway, seems to represent a creative factor/talents for the querent, especially since Jupiter rules the 5th and there is an applying conjunction of his planet to this planet. Since he is in the 8th, and in aversion to the ASC, perhaps such talents would be lost, over-looked, or wasted at this job. Or literally burned up (over-worked, etc.).
Agreed, Tanit!

Update:

They just came back and haven't offered me the job. They interviewed about 10 people for the role and then it was me and one other guy for the second interview. They deliberated a lot and dragged it out an extra day and finally chose they other guy.

Thanks for everyone's interpretations!

Hi Paul

I didn't get chance to look at your chart I'm afraid. I hope sometime I'll be able to make a hindsight review of a few of the forum's 'job horaries' but at the moment I have other priorities bearing down one me. From my quick look I thought this chart looked interesting because of the elevated Moon - angular Mars contact. I think everyone saw the 'close call' and wondered about that, so thanks for updating us. Obviously I am also very sorry that it's disappointing news for you.

One thing I can tell you has been a very reliable rule in my horaries - when you get one of the naturally malefic planets on an angle, especially when it has any kind of debility, things never seem to work out well. Mars this close to the ascendant almost always gives the querent something to complain about (I'd like to say "always" but squeezed in an "almost" to be politically correct). So even if you had got the job, I also think it would have been a bad fit (though I'm not sure I'd have told you that straightaway, if you'd got the job).

As Tanit says, better luck next time.

Deb

Thanks Deb!

I came pretty close and it's a pretty successful company so I don't feel too let down. I do have a job at the moment so it's not the end of the world.

Thanks for the tip on Mars angular, I think another poster mentioned something similar actually. I think horaries like this are quite useful to learn from 'cos you normally don't have too long to wait to see how it pans out.

This was a very informative thread, thank you Paul for posting it. Sorry about the job, but it seems like it was a blessing in disguise, as the job was indicated to be not so great for you.

Interesting that you brought up an old post with Mars retro in Leo. It is funny that when I posted charts for other people, the chart stayed in the forum, but old ones I posted expired. :-cry

I had forgotten about the website Tribe, which Paul linked in the thread, and I used to frequent. It is a shame is shutdown in 2017 as there were some interesting horaries on occasion that I might have liked to look at again.

Yeah, the year 2010 was not good time to find job in generally, in Europe and US, especially such things as graphic designer. I've met people graduated that time, haven't found anything for couple of years.

I remember that year pretty well and thinking how much I was done with Mars in Leo - that placement lasted from Oct 2009 until June 2010 and I was unemployed through all of it, as it transited my 2nd. Yes, and something about Pluto entering Capricorn and then squaring Saturn (and then T squaring Uranus) seemed to show a trigger of something pretty unstable financially globally. I have cardinal angles, so life took a turn after that in general. It was pretty awful and Mars retro in my 2nd in particular was broke. The Capricorn Pluto generation might understand hardship and limitations on resources better than some other generations, I wonder.

I felt like during that time I learned more than I ever wanted to know about Mars in Leo and don't want to see retrograde movement there like that again.

Tanit3333 wrote:I remember that year pretty well and thinking how much I was done with Mars in Leo - that placement lasted from Oct 2009 until June 2010 and I was unemployed through all of it, as it transited my 2nd. Yes, and something about Pluto entering Capricorn and then squaring Saturn (and then T squaring Uranus) seemed to show a trigger of something pretty unstable financially globally. I have cardinal angles, so life took a turn after that in general. It was pretty awful and Mars retro in my 2nd in particular was broke. The Capricorn Pluto generation might understand hardship and limitations on resources better than some other generations, I wonder.

I felt like during that time I learned more than I ever wanted to know about Mars in Leo and don't want to see retrograde movement there like that again.
That's an interesting thread, I have Mars in Leo in 10th house in birth chart, even with quite accurate opposition(separating) from Saturn in Aquarius in 4th.
I've lost good architectural position at November 2008 and was unemployed till May 2009, then found job as landscape/hardscape designer and was quite busy until the winter of 2010-11.
Winter is bad time for landscaping, so I was helping some art teacher while she recovered from some disease by doing some models for her young students and getting her back to teaching.
I came back to "big architecture" now but got some "virus of art" and keep producing my art pieces, mixed media abstract collages, and exhibiting them at different places...