Jupiter Returns

Has anyone seen any decent articles on Jupiter returns out there?

(please leave a link if you know of one)

it seems like all I see are small references in reference to other returns, if anything. I can find more on Saturn returns and lunar returns than on jupiter returns and it seems as though it would be a more interesting topic?

of course since mine occurs shortly it is obvious far more important to me at the moment than others... (tongue firmly in cheek here)

thanks for your time.

Granny

Sorry, I can't help you, Granny. It is an odd but undeniable fact that it is very difficult to find much good astrological writing about Jupiter transits. They're always promising you the moon but the moon rarely arrives. And I've never come across anything written on Jupiter Returns. I sometimes think Jupiter is the planet we understand least of all.

Jupiter Returns every 12 years, so there's a developmental story to be told, starting at puberty, right away a theme of fecundity. But at 60?

Tara

I've found dribs and drabs in articles about solar returns or lunar returns etc, but it always seems like they treat it like its understood? which to me is very odd, since I dont find it understood at all, I find it irritatingly ellusive.

Well if anyone does read some good info on Jupiter returns I'd love to hear about it! adn If I find an article, I'll certainly post a link!

thanks,

Granny

Why not try reading just as you would a solar return? But with a jupiter theme of expansion, truth, knowledge etc. What does jupiter mean to you? How is it placed in your own chart in terms of dignity, aspects, house etc? And how does the return chart compare to your own, like a synastry, or bi-wheel?
Post the return chart, bi wheel, and maybe even the same for the last one and let's see what we can find.
Let's expand the current knowledge.. how jupiter is that!?

:) because I want to know if there are any articles on the subject out there.

the jupiter return was 35 minutes past midnight 4 feb 2010, if you wish to look at the chart yourself.

but I really am looking for reference material.

Thanks.

Granny

PS, thank you for responding with such a jupiterian idea however, I do appreciate that.

How about looking at it with your profected chart? I know Dr Farr wrote something about Jupiter returns in the horary forum for somebody, let me see if I can find it.

Or invoke him by PM.

Would a profected chart matter with a Jupiter return? The only returns I do are solar and lunar, so I don't know if I'm any help here.

My analysis (therapeutic) of a Jupiter return chart is in the Horary section, under "What is causing this rash?", January 12, 2010 entry. I do not know if it is commonly done elsewhere, but I believe we can use Jupiter returns or Mercury returns or Venus returns or Mars returns-indeed, any return-to focus in on any planet which we have reason to believe is playing a very significant role in the life at the time. This is what I did in the above case, where Amelia's (medical) horary led me to believe a significant Jupiter situation was underlying her situation. The technique works very well in astro-therapeutics, however I cannot say how well it might work in other areas of astrological application.

They're hardly ever mentioned- Jupiter returns, aren't thy? I don't think I understand how come Saturn returns are so popular whilst the returns of Grater Benefic are almost neglected.

Just like with Saturn returns, it is interesting to see what its returns usually coincide with in the life of an average person. Whilst Saturn returns close up to 3, rarely 4, major life circles, Jupiter reruns happen more often and, indeed often coincide with some huge turning points in the life of the nativity too. Naturally, not everything can be explained by planetary returns but some astrologers give much attention to Saturn returns and I am a bit surprised that the returns of other planets are so rarely mentioned even by them. We usually start walking and talking around our first Mercury return, don't we?!

Oddly enough, my main impression is that Jupiter returns are much easier translated into the language of women than that of men as its returns indeed usually coincide with the beginnings and endings of their major life cycles and here i'm talking primarily about their biological cycles. Maybe I'm wrong, of course, and maybe they correlate with different phases in lives of every person only the phases that women usually go through at certain age are often more turbulent and evident.

So what circles of life do Jupiter returns usually close?

The first Jupiter returns (around the age of 12) obviously coincides with the beginning of our reproductive phase and most women become fertile around that age. In many western cultures and countries, this is also the time when scholars start their secondary education, start preparing themselves for university (through high-school education) or choose their future profession or crafts and start preparing themselves for it.

The second return (around the age of 24) is when usually most young people already have a certain degree in education, even certain experience, many of them start living independently, find their first steady jobs and many women give birth to their first child around that age. needles to add- most people get married around the age of 25 and meet with all the pleasures and difficulties that come with married life and parenting throughout the next Jupiter return.

The third return (age 36) is almost the biggest turning point or, at least, the approximate beginning of the second half of life; those who got their children at a very early age will probably become grandparents during the next Jupiter cycle as well, some people will even be retired before it ends, the lives of most people are somewhat stabilised by that time and, unfortunately, that is the beginning of the reduced fertility for most women and their first step towards the end of their reproductive age that will usually coincide with the 4th Jupiter return.

The fourth return (around the age of 50), the fertility is gone, the wrinkles have arrived. :) Menopause, critical age for men (heart diseases etc.), people becoming grandparents, retiring, buying houses for their children, seeing their children start their own lives and so on.

Finally, the fifth return actually falls close to the second Saturn return and here we have a double symbolic of the beginning of the 3rd phase in life- the older age, definite retirement, the autumn of life etc.

all the returns that come after this one surely do have their specific analogies in every-day life and concerning health and activities but I will skip them now.

First two Jupiter runs were not ones I find particularly memorable, but the third run, from 24-36, life improved a great deal, this last 12 have not been great. there are all kinds of progressed indicators for the next run that look good, (first real decent marriage indicators I've seen in my chart are for 60. thanks a lot whichever jerk of a deity thought that up.)

An astrologer friend of mine once said that Jupiter aligned with Fomalhaut was a good thing in my chart, that I needed one good protector with all that other nonsense going on. :) And indeed there have been times when I thought the same thing.

My dad just died (6:30 am on the 12th of January) and his natal jupiter was actually only a degree and a half before mine at 2 Pisces.

Which rather made me even more aware that there was a Jupiter return coming up. speaking of which he would have been 72 on June 22.

I think People do tend to think lotto ticket when they see a Jupiter return, but I tend to think more along the lines of what should I be attending to, Jupiter wise, or how can I grow in a good way...(as opposed to spherically that is)

Thank you for pointing out Dr Farrs posting, it is interesting. (though I'm not a fan of the whole house system. I am a big fan of herbs and balance) In any case, it would be great to see more on returns.

I had thought to try to look at it like a solar return, but when I started looking I realized there were too many differences, for instance, with jupiter return I would think the sun's placement might just be a bit important, etc... in any case, I'm interested in persuing a discussion if the rest of you are??? I'm sure I'm not the only one who wants to learn more about jupiter returns. In my particular case, the moon seems to be very important.

Dr Farr, have you done any other returns that you may post? or would care to discuss? or would you like to discuss what you would look at in someones jupiter return who just happened to ask you? I mean theoretically...

Aglaya, yes, jupiter returns do indeed seem to correspond with biological life cycles. :)

though I had my children at 21 & 22

Or maybe someone else wants to toss out there natal jupiter placement and we could look at that one.

Granny

Yes I have done numerous Jupiter return analyses, but remember that almost all of my astrological work has been done within the context of "medical astrology". I really can't give any advice on looking at a Jupiter (or any other planetary) retun chart for making a general all- departments-of-life type of judgement; however, what my old astrologer friend Pasha told me back in the 1970's seemed to work well in a couple of Jupiter return charts where I did seek to make a general (rather than astro-therapeutic) judgement, and that is, turn the chart to make Jupiter the Ascendant, and the place of Jupiter the 1st house, then read the rest of the chart accordingly (I have no idea if this is a traditional way of analyzing Jupiter returns or not, although I kind of don't think it is)
From astro-therapeutic experience with Jupiter returns, I know that we may obtain future indications (prognoses) by simple Pauline profection, using the Ascendant of the return chart as "ground zero" (maybe the turned Jupiter-as -Ascendant chart could work in this way as well, for general delineation)
I do know that extensive attention to close fixed star conjunctions/parallels and use of appropriate Parts and their dispositors, always focused toward relationships with Jupiter, will often give clear indications of the really important underlying influences in the Jupiter (or any other planetary) return chart.

now that is something i hadn't thought of, If I put Jupiter on the Ascendent, that would be 3 Pis 58, on this particular chart, then The Moon, which seems to be Very active here ends up in the 8th just past a square to Mercury who now moves to 11th, and just past trine with Sun, Venus while perfecting trine to Chiron and Neptune, she has to change signs to trine Jupiter. the Sun is at 15 Aqu,(insidently my PoF) Venus at 21 Aqu, and chiron and Neptune align at 25 aqu. in the unturned chart they all gather round the 4th house cusp, Venus Conj IC in the NON turned chart, in the turned chart that would put them squarely in the 12 house

Pluto at 4 Cap 27, would be on 11th cusp sextile Jupiter.
Square Saturn.

Saturn is 150 from Jupiter
and Saturn and Mars are sextile, without turning this chart mars would be the ascendent ruler, and Mars, while Exalted,in the 9th unturned is retrograde? in the turned chart he would be in the 6th house (in my natal chart Mars is on the 6th cusp at 26 Pisces) what interests me about Mars in 9th is that I have considered going back to school, but .... so the mars sort of made me chuckle...

Also Uranus squarely on the 5th house cusp in Non turned chart, but in turned, he would be in the first house... Changes to self, always possible.

with Venus squarely on the IC, I'm not sure turning is the best thing to do, BUT, I think it certainly helps gain perspective! Also Jupiter in his own house on Ascendent makes it a bit easier to look at other issues.

Venus on IC makes me wonder if I might not figure out a way to make money on property some how... or find buried treasure! LOL

hm... thanks for giving me something to think about, Granny