GB wrote:I have started investigating MC + Moon - Sun (reversing in night charts). For the moment I am just looking at aspects to it from L1 and L7.

I am running it against my collect of matches and will report back.
I have now run it against my collection and there are some interesting results for what I will call MPoF. In the results below I am using an orb of 3 degrees in the kick-off chart. I have only reported the cases where the effect is large enough to be significant.

MPoF applying to L1 conjunction: Home win and Fav win more likely that average, Away win less likely than average.

MPoF separating from L1 conjunction: Home win and Fav win less likely, Away win more likely.

For L7 the results are not as strong but the significant results are:

MPoF applying to L7 conjunction: Home win and Fav win less likely, Away win more likely.

The above results are nicely symmetric L1/L7 and applying/separating :D

For aspects the results are less clearly symmetric, although the following are large enough to be significant.

MPoF separating from sextile or trine to L1 or L7: Draws more likely, Home and Fav wins less likely.

MPoF separating from square or opposition to L1: Draws less likely.

MPoF applying to square or opposition to L7: Draws more likely, Away wins less likely.

In all other cases not reported above either the effect is too weak to be significant or the number of cases I have on record is too small to draw any conclusions.

(Disclaimer: I have virtually no experience in the area of sports/contest/financial astrological prognostics-my field being almost entirely astro-therapeutic-perhaps it would have been more lucrative if I had applied myself to these other fields! However, my little suggestions here are based upon applications I have made in my primary field, perhaps they might apply to these fields as well?)

To GB:
Have you ever tested the POF's (or MPOF's) significator (ie, its dispositor) in addition to the placement of the POF/MPOF? I call the POF significator its "indicator", and use it to reveal additional "connections" of the POF (or any other Part which I might be applying), and have found this to be very informative.

Yes, I have looked at the dispositor of the PoF. At the moment I have only considered it's angular position: conjunct Asc, Dsc, MC or IC, and which side of the angle (H1/H12, H6/H7, etc.)

There does seem to be some effect, although it's a bit too early to tell - the dispositor conjunct an angle (within 4 degrees) is not that common. For what it's work, the dispositor in H1 or H10 within 4 degrees of the angle seems to increase the number of Away wins and Underdog wins. In fact, this occured tonight when Wolves unexpectedly won away at West Ham.