Arabic Parts in Football

In a number of recent football posts people have been discussing the effect of Arabic Parts on results and, particularly, goal scoring. One problem is that different people sometimes use different definitions for a particular part, or use different names for the same thing. It might help if we can get a common list of Arabic Parts, or at least know what other people mean by a particular Part. The following is a where I have got to on this (ignoring the very common ones).

1. Part of Success = Asc + Ju ? PoF

2. Part of Victory = Asc + Ju ? PoS

3. Part of Successful Outcome = Asc + Ju ? Sun

4a. Part of Death (Al Biruni) = Sa + 8th Cusp ? Mo

4b. Part of Death (Solar Fire) = Asc + 8th Cusp ? Mo

5. Part of Conquest = Asc + Sa ? Su
(use Ju if Sa is combust)

6a. Part of Sudden Advancement (I) = Asc + PoF - Sa

6b. Part of Sudden Advancement (II) = Asc + Su - Sa

In both 6a and 6b replace Sa by Ju if Sa is combust. Given the glyph for PoF and it?s similarity to that for the Sun, I wonder if the confusion between 6a and 6b is due to a transcription error at some point in the past.

7. Point of Downfall. I have not been able to find the definition of this. Possibly a Solar Fire special! Does anyone have a definition please?

Here are the ones I use in football charts. Apart from Death (as discussed recently) they are all taken from Al Biruni as per Deb's article http://www.skyscript.co.uk/alparts.html

Success = Asc + Saturn - Sun

Victory = Asc + Jupiter - Part of Spirit

Sudden Advancement = Asc + POF - Saturn

Triumph = Asc + Jupiter - POF

Successful Outcome = Asc + Jupiter - Sun

Conquest = Asc + Mars - Sun

Downfall = Asc + Mars - Saturn

Death = Asc + 8th cusp - Moon

Where did you get the idea of replacing combust planets with alternatives? I've never heard of that before but it's certainly interesting.

There is another thread on Arabic parts here where all these parts (and others) are mentioned in various posts but I think it's definitely useful to have them listed here in a separate thread for easier reference.

Ficina wrote:Where did you get the idea of replacing combust planets with alternatives? I've never heard of that before but it's certainly interesting
I had been searching websites for definitions of the ones I couldn't fine and one site mentioned replacing combust Saturn in those parts I highlighted. Being lazy I didn't note which website it was, but I will try to find it again :D

All we have to do now is test them all (and decide which should be reversed at night). I will add them to my analysis from now.

I have often wondered if it would be useful to create a set of parts where the Asc is replaced by the MC, which is so important in sports, i.e., standing, stature, etc.

Just an idea to add to the confusion.

Bob

agree with u.. according to my study, i reached much more healthier results with 10th house and 8th house cups. and even sometimes 12th house cups..

my method is try to create/calculate an arabic point and look at any relation with a fixed star at that degree.

for example for sunderland: MC+ Ruler of IC - RH = AQU1.31 = Albireo(Venus/ Mercury) so sunderland wins(due to its a fortunate star) with goals over 3(due to its venus/mercury nature)

this formula is just a fantasy.. but i do believe that we should regenarate the power of fixed stars upon soccer predictions.. even at horseracings.. cos sometimes winning horse's name begins with the Hebrew letter related to that fixed star reached/calculated with my fantastic arabic part formulas..

during these calculations i sometimes use real local hour..

for example for sunderland: its real local hour is 19:40:28 not 19:45 due to being 1w23 degree.. that method may be a clue for the games starting at the same time in the same country.. even in italy or belgium..

u may think that i am crazy.. but we need new way of looking to the predictions apart from L1 is in the 7th house, so..blu blu blu..

for example did anyone look up to the Tobey's secondary accendant method? they say, the ancients' most esoteric and mysterious astrological information was rediscovered by Carl Payne Tobey via secondary accendant..

or does anyone worked on asteroids.. for example i observed something goes wrong for the favorite team/ home team when varuna, eris or ixion squares to MC. especially when i take real local hour.. or did u notice that there are asteroids called Germania(241) or Vienna(397) among thousands of them.. even Metz(9377)

may be these are my foolish ideas.. but i'll be happy, if i've given someone a new perspective..
Hi from Istanbul:)

I'm not sure what you mean by a secondary ascendant. I don't have any of Tobey's books, so I can't look it up.

In working with team charts I have found that the Vertex and East Point are very significant. Not quite as strong as the Asc and MC, but if they are closely aspected they csn be very important. Also converse daily progressions are very important.

Bob

how to find secondar accendant:

ASC +ASC - Sun

i suggest to use secondary accendant in Arabic Parts formulas not the naked ASC..

we also may try to use Moon instead of Sun during nocturnal chats..

just a few suggestions..
Hi from Istanbul:)

Ficina wrote:Where did you get the idea of replacing combust planets with alternatives? I've never heard of that before but it's certainly interesting.
And would the quality of the Part in any way be influenced by the essential state of the planets that make it up? I have not heard of this idea either, but it certainly makes me rethink my understanding of the topic.
http://www.astronor.com

One suggestion that looks worth investigating further is the use of the MC, rather than the Asc in some of the parts. As the Part of Fortune seems to be useful in prediction, I have started investigating MC + Moon - Sun (reversing in night charts). For the moment I am just looking at aspects to it from L1 and L7.

As often happens with new ideas, it seems to work well at first :D but we will have to see how it performs over more matches. I am running it against my collect of matches and will report back.

Here's a strange idea (which was once told me by an old time astrologer, but which I have never-yet-experimented with)

Pasha (the old time astrologer) once (1972) told me:
"To find the hidden meaning revealing the deepest underlying influences of any Part, translate all the elements of the Part to their antiscia, then, using the antiscia degrees of each element in the formula, find your Part"

I took this to mean that you determine the antiscion of the asc, and the antiscion of each of the componet planets in the formula, then, find the Part from these antiscia degrees.

Like I said above, I've never tested this; but posters are bringing in various unusual ideas in this thread (which I find refreshing!!), so I thought I'd pass this strange one along, for anyone who might want to experiment with it!

I'm for advanced research, but isn't there a way to simplify matters instead of loosing ourselves. Astrologers often fall for the trick of attempting to mystifying themselves. The idea of casting parts from the antiscia of planets is rather interesting, but it sounds as if we are moving out into a far wing.

Careful with loose ends or else we'll end up judging matches from the charts of the galls the guys last bedded! :lol:
http://www.astronor.com