Football Predictions February 2010

Sunderland v Stoke 8pm GMT, Asc 16?53' Virgo, MC 12?01' Gemini
Odds: 2.00, 3.40, 3.75
Moon is hour-ruler so chart is radical by both types of triplicity

Hour changes: Moon -> 8.28 Saturn -> 9.45 Jupiter

Sunderland are Mercury(L1) and Mars(red); Stoke are Jupiter(L7) and Saturn(black).

Sunderland more likely to score during Moon hour, particularly after Moon has crossed Asc at 8.15. Stoke more likely during Saturn hour, although Saturn is below horizon (so less effective) until 9.43. Interestingly Part of Downfall is conjunct Mars at 9.43. A late goal for Stoke? Whether this would be a winning goal or an equaliser will depend on whether Sunderland have managed to score earlier on.

There are no positive conjunctions (goals scored) or oppositions (goals conceded) from Arabic parts to any of the sigs throughout the game. This is very unusual and might suggest a low-scoring game.

I'd be interested to hear others' thoughts on this one. Perhaps Andrew and GB would like to check the hour changes using their alternative method to see if there are any differences?

Re: Football Predictions February 2010

Ficina wrote:I'd be interested to hear others' thoughts on this one.
According to your analysis, I can see opportunity for a little gambling here. For example, a half time / full time bet of Stoke / draw. Odds 15x.

At 20:00 we have Moon-trine-L1-Mercury. It would be generally good for the home team, but too bad the aspect is already separating even at 20 o'clock.

Around 20:15 the Moon goes above the horizon. Is this a chance for goal?

Jupiter enters the 5th house at around 21:00. It can be half time, or the second half already. Goal?

Saturn going "up" at 21:43 - this will be interesting! :)

According to your analysis, I can see opportunity for a little gambling here. For example, a half time / full time bet of Stoke / draw. Odds 15x.
Are you sure about that? I was thinking possibly Sunderland/Draw or Draw/Stoke. I forgot to mention MC and Asc changing signs at 9.18pm. Up until that time, Mercury rules MC which might favour Sunderland in terms of goal-scoring opportunities.

Ficina wrote:Are you sure about that? I was thinking possibly Sunderland/Draw or Draw/Stoke.
My mistake. :oops: I was thinking of Sunderland / draw too.
Ficina wrote:Up until that time, Mercury rules MC which might favour Sunderland in terms of goal-scoring opportunities.
And they are home faves, and the winning option can easily be Sunderland / Sunderland. Even if Stoke scores when Saturn "emerges", that just might only be a consolation goal.

Ficina wrote:Perhaps Andrew and GB would like to check the hour changes using their alternative method to see if there are any differences?
There are considerable differences!

Hour of Moon start at 19:59, changes to Saturn at 21:18 (which you have also noted is when the angles change sign) and the hour of Jupiter does not start until after the game at 22:59. Looks like 21:18 might be a time to watch :D

For reference, the above is using Alcabitus houses.

Taurean wrote:And they are home faves, and the winning option can easily be Sunderland / Sunderland. Even if Stoke scores when Saturn "emerges", that just might only be a consolation goal.
Yes, that's true. Sunderland/Sunderland has the shortest odds. But I still wonder about Downfall. It doesn't crop up very often and it's the first time I've seen it occur during the course of a game. It will be interesting to see whether it has an effect or not.

Thanks for checking, GB. Wow, that's a huge difference isn't it :o
Looks like 21:18 might be a time to watch
Yes. The only thing is, if a goal is scored at that time will we put it down to the angle change or your planetary hour change - or both? :wink:

Indeed, you had said:
Ficina wrote:There are no positive conjunctions (goals scored) or oppositions (goals conceded) from Arabic parts to any of the sigs throughout the game. This is very unusual and might suggest a low-scoring game.
Perhaps we should note this in future. After all, a bet on a 0-0 result usually has reasonable odds :D

Liverpool v Everton 12.45pm GMT, Asc 00?38' Cancer
Odds: 1.91, 3.40, 4.20

Liverpool are Moon(L1) and Mars(red); Everton are Saturn(L7) and Jupiter(blue)

Moon is hour-ruler so chart is radical, favouring the faves (Liverpool). Hour changes to Saturn at 13.11. Interesting that the day-ruler is also Saturn. Do Everton have an advantage over Liverpool in this respect? On the goal-scoring thread, Andrew suggested that the day-ruler might signify the referee. It will be interesting to see if the ref's decisions tend to go in Everton's favour. Saturn also rules the MC until 13.14 (close to the hour change).

It's beginning to look good for Everton but there is a fly in the ointment - Part of Death will conjoin Saturn towards the end of the game. Around the same time Part of Downfall opposes Moon.

Four planets cross angles during 1st half, most notable of which is probably Jupiter conj MC at the very end of that half.

Aspects from Arabic parts during 2nd half:
14.04 Sudden Advancement opp Mars (Liverpool concede)
14.10 Success conj Jupiter (Everton score)
14.20 Successful Outcome conj Mars (Liverpool score)

Not sure whether the first two of these indicate one or two goals for Everton. I'd guess probably just the one.

The experts, not surprisingly, are going for a 1-1 draw. There are testimonies for both sides so that would make sense but if Part of Death is effective then it looks more like a win for Liverpool.

Any comments?

Liverpool 1 - 0 Everton :'

Goal scored at 14.02, five mins after hour changed to Jupiter. Interesting that no goals were scored during Moon and Saturn hours - both planets below horizon so ineffective.

Liverpool played the majority of the game with only 10 men, having had a player sent off at 13.20 - advantage Everton who were unable to capitalise on it.

I thought there would be more goals and went for a 2-1 scoreline unfortunately. Still, unlike the experts, at least I got the result right :D