Deb, are you planning to teach an intensive on horary in spring in London? I'm interested in that... Do you come to the US? BTW, I just returned from the NCGR conference in Boston and heard Rob Hand speaking very highly of your skills and knowledge.

That's nice to know - thank you. Actually, I'm giving a 2-day workshop in the San Francisco area in October this year, so you don't need to travel far to meet me if you can wait a few months - you can check the details on this link: http://www.skyscript.co.uk/deb/events_2010.html#sf

Unfortunately I'm not running my horary intensive residential course this year, as I need to complete some long running projects. Hopefully I'll resume that in 2011.

BTW, I don't normally put personal event details into this forum, but this Amsterdam event missed out on promotion and the organizer asked me to give it a last minute boost - so I'm taking advantage here and will delete this post after the weekend.

PS - Thanks Dione for your kind words too.

Hi Deb,
I hope you will enjoy your stay in Amsterdam. I believe we are a quite direct people and sometimes even rude. However this rather holds for the Western provinces, North- and South-Holland, and also the middle province of Utrecht where I live. By the way, a Dutchman of the Eastern provinces will never call himself a 'Hollander'.

In Amsterdam you might get run over by a bicycle if you don't watch out, the cyclist yelling something you wouldn't wish to translate, however, Ajax has an away match and our council elections just took place today. Further it's usually not necessary to say 'please' when you ask something, and the Dutch drink tea without milk. Here's more on Dutch customs and etiquette, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dutch_cust ... _etiquette

After all this I hope you still look forward to it :D...

Pity about the horary course, maybe next year!

People are probably aware of this already, but hell, I'll just plug it anyway seeing as how Deb is deleting it in a few days.

Deb is, I believe, attending an astrology conference in a couple of months. I think it's only a couple of hours, but better than nothing right? There are other astrologers talking there too about other aspects of astrology.

shamelessly promoting for no actual reason or gain,

Paul

I shall look forward to it. So I may as well say that I?ll be giving horary workshops in New York and Boston in October too ? if anyone in those regions is interested check with NCGR for the New York event, and Joseph Crane?s school for the Boston event.

Paul you didn?t say what you were shamelessly promoting but I think you mean the Astrology Student Conference in London in April. I?ll be giving a 2-hour workshop on electional astrology. They are all good speakers there ? I was the last minute replacement for Tracy Marks who couldn?t make it (as they say, The Lord shuts a door and opens a window). Ben Dykes will be there too this year so it should be very interesting.

But still ? the place to be this weekend is Amsterdam, where the people are rude and the cyclists are crazy and I shall be minding my manners (trying to remember not to use them) ?

Deb, do you know if it will eventually be possible to get recordings (tapes, CDs or mp3 files) of those lectures/workshops, and if so, who we'd get them from?

Thanks,
Carol

Tracy Marks and Ben Dykes gave excellent lectures at the NCGR conference in Boston, and, incidentally, I have found the answers to some of my history related questions from Ben's and Rob Hand's lectures on history of astrology (and other answers I found in Deb's book on the Houses). All of these lectures were recorded and were available for purchase, and I'm sure the future events will be recorded as well.

A bit off topic but I am writing my dissertation on meaning making with the use of astrological symbolism and would like to discuss some history and content related questions with different knowledgeable astrologers. Deb, is that OK on this forum?

Deb, can you give us the dates of the New York and Boston talks? I can't find anything on either NCGR or Joseph Crane's websites.

Will you be giving the talk on Electional at either NY or Boston? (SF is a little further away and I'm speaking at a conference myself that weekend.)

Would love to try to make it to NY or Boston.

Tara