Can assassinations be prevented? by Elsbeth Ebertin
translated by Jenn Zahrt PhD
A Guide to Interpreting The Great American Eclipse
by Wade Caves
The Astrology of Depression
by Judith Hill
Understanding the mean conjunctions of the Jupiter-Saturn cycle
by Benjamin Dykes
Understanding the zodiac: and why there really ARE 12 signs of the zodiac, not 13
by Deborah Houlding

Skyscript Astrology Forum

Horary workshop - Amsterdam: this Sunday, 7th March

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Deb
Administrator

Posted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 5:04 pm    Post subject: Horary workshop - Amsterdam: this Sunday, 7th March Reply with quote

For those who live near Amsterdam, I will be giving a full day workshop on horary this Sunday, 7th March. For details see this link:

http://www.asastrology.nl/workshops.htm

Deb
Dione T

Posted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lucky Dutch Thumbs up

Mars in his 2nd station iirc? Take care and all the best for the workshop.

http://wroskopos.wordpress.com/
elumen

Posted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deb, are you planning to teach an intensive on horary in spring in London? I'm interested in that... Do you come to the US? BTW, I just returned from the NCGR conference in Boston and heard Rob Hand speaking very highly of your skills and knowledge.
Deb
Administrator

Posted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's nice to know - thank you. Actually, I'm giving a 2-day workshop in the San Francisco area in October this year, so you don't need to travel far to meet me if you can wait a few months - you can check the details on this link: http://www.skyscript.co.uk/deb/events_2010.html#sf

Unfortunately I'm not running my horary intensive residential course this year, as I need to complete some long running projects. Hopefully I'll resume that in 2011.

BTW, I don't normally put personal event details into this forum, but this Amsterdam event missed out on promotion and the organizer asked me to give it a last minute boost - so I'm taking advantage here and will delete this post after the weekend.

PS - Thanks Dione for your kind words too.
Eddy

Posted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Deb,
I hope you will enjoy your stay in Amsterdam. I believe we are a quite direct people and sometimes even rude. However this rather holds for the Western provinces, North- and South-Holland, and also the middle province of Utrecht where I live. By the way, a Dutchman of the Eastern provinces will never call himself a 'Hollander'.

In Amsterdam you might get run over by a bicycle if you don't watch out, the cyclist yelling something you wouldn't wish to translate, however, Ajax has an away match and our council elections just took place today. Further it's usually not necessary to say 'please' when you ask something, and the Dutch drink tea without milk. Here's more on Dutch customs and etiquette, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dutch_customs_and_etiquette

After all this I hope you still look forward to it Very Happy...
Paul
Administrator

Posted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pity about the horary course, maybe next year!

People are probably aware of this already, but hell, I'll just plug it anyway seeing as how Deb is deleting it in a few days.

Deb is, I believe, attending an astrology conference in a couple of months. I think it's only a couple of hours, but better than nothing right? There are other astrologers talking there too about other aspects of astrology.

shamelessly promoting for no actual reason or gain,

Paul
elumen

Posted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deb, I'd be exited to participate in your lecture (workshop) here in SF in Oct, and I'd be interested in coming to London (one of my favorite cities in Europe) one day.
cosmicdolphin

Posted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool
see you in SF, Deb!

good luck!

CD
Deb
Administrator

Posted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I shall look forward to it. So I may as well say that I’ll be giving horary workshops in New York and Boston in October too – if anyone in those regions is interested check with NCGR for the New York event, and Joseph Crane’s school for the Boston event.

Paul you didn’t say what you were shamelessly promoting but I think you mean the Astrology Student Conference in London in April. I’ll be giving a 2-hour workshop on electional astrology. They are all good speakers there – I was the last minute replacement for Tracy Marks who couldn’t make it (as they say, The Lord shuts a door and opens a window). Ben Dykes will be there too this year so it should be very interesting.

But still … the place to be this weekend is Amsterdam, where the people are rude and the cyclists are crazy and I shall be minding my manners (trying to remember not to use them) …
Carol

Posted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deb, do you know if it will eventually be possible to get recordings (tapes, CDs or mp3 files) of those lectures/workshops, and if so, who we'd get them from?

Thanks,
Carol
elumen

Posted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tracy Marks and Ben Dykes gave excellent lectures at the NCGR conference in Boston, and, incidentally, I have found the answers to some of my history related questions from Ben's and Rob Hand's lectures on history of astrology (and other answers I found in Deb's book on the Houses). All of these lectures were recorded and were available for purchase, and I'm sure the future events will be recorded as well.

A bit off topic but I am writing my dissertation on meaning making with the use of astrological symbolism and would like to discuss some history and content related questions with different knowledgeable astrologers. Deb, is that OK on this forum?
Tara

Posted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 4:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deb, can you give us the dates of the New York and Boston talks? I can't find anything on either NCGR or Joseph Crane's websites.

Will you be giving the talk on Electional at either NY or Boston? (SF is a little further away and I'm speaking at a conference myself that weekend.)

Would love to try to make it to NY or Boston.

Tara
Deb
Administrator

Posted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Carol

I have a policy of not recording my workshops on horary. The reason is that I am only comfortable speaking spontaneously and ‘off the cuff’ about my client charts within the group that it is actually present. Other people have their own opinions but I think there is a certain energy and confidence within that time and place which doesn’t transfer into the recordings. Conference talks are usually recorded of course.

Elumin you can pretty much start any discussion you wish here, so long as its relevant to astrology and not likely to cause offence. So if you want to get some feedback on research topics, go for it.

Hi Tara – some of the details (times, venues, etc) are still to be announced but the dates are fixed and the flights are booked. I will give a 1-day workshop on ‘Forensic’ astrology at New York on 16th October. I don’t think this will get actively promoted until around June. That one focuses on ‘mystery charts’ (when we don’t know what has happened to something or someone) and shows how to build up descriptions of people we need to identify. I’ll be giving an evening presentation in Boston on the Wednesday night beforehand: 13th October. That will be a medley of various charts and situations. I'm only doing electional at San Francisco, plus a day on horary, focussing on relationship charts and nailing down the use of dignities and receptions.

As the details get finalised I put the info and contact details on my own events page at
http://www.skyscript.co.uk/deb/events_2010.html

When all details are arranged I’ll add the info to the Skyscript events page too: http://www.skyscript.co.uk/calendar/

It will be really nice to see you again Tara, if you make it to New York!

Deb
cosmicdolphin

Posted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deb

how did it go?

I hope you had fun

CD
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Horary & Electional Astrology All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: