Crikey - the missing Dog

Hello
I am a student of astrology - and know little of horary - My beloved dog has gone missing I thought it might be interesting to throw it out there as I have the dogs correct birth time as I was present at his birth he was number 8 of 9 came out half dead I revived him and he lived. We kept him. He wasnt home when I got home Friday 15/1/2010 the day of the eclipsed new moon which interestlingy fell on his ascendant. I'm sorry I cant post the charts ( i cant seem to manage that) I hope someone will be kind enough to do that for the sake of the discussion - thanks in advance - hope you all might give me your thoughts about this - and be of interest to all details are Crikey the missing Dog 16 Aug 2006 4.15pm The Eclipse New Moon the day he went missing 15th January 4.41pm and My Horary qustion "will Crikey come home?" 9.20pm January 31st 2010 ALL EVENTS TOOK PLACE IN DARWIN NT AUST 12S28 131E I hope you will all find it interesting enough to give me your interps and discuss - Thanks n Thanks agian

As a huge animal lover, I am truly sorry that Crikey has gone astray! Here is the chart, but the forum rules state that the astrologer must post their interpretation first, since it's your chart and you have the power to answer it. We can help with any questions you have about the chart, and offer our humble second opinions. Thanks!
We don't do natal (and hylegs for dogs might be something Bonatti never tried), but here is his chart:
http://i49.tinypic.com/2rpy51j.gif

Crikey

Thank you for being so kind in posting the chart and pointing out the rules well here goes Virgo asc ruled by merc in cap not very happy the node there 2 MC is also merc ruled Moon in 12th loss? Moon at 29 a critical degree?? venus is the same degree of asc Uranus in the 7th upset relationship?? SHOCK ? The night he vanished I dream't that his R H front leg was injured next day I did an I ching about him and this mentioned an injury and a river. My daughter tells me her dream she had later that week she dream't that she went to the vet and paid $105 then 3 days later this lady who had found cirkey injured by a river brought him back. A week later I dreamt he was home one day I got home form work. Not exactly rocket science but I know dreams don't necessarily come true Mercury is not majorly aspected in fact defined as unaspected? No result? The shadow period of the retrograde....so I dont know maybe he will return when the shadow passes - how long was that eclipse of Jan 15th 10? What do you think??

Saturn is in your house and retrograde, which is usually favorable, and suggests that he is close by. But the moon being void of course in an unfortunate 12th (except for an opposition to the PoF in the 6th), and Saturn in contact with the 8th ruler Mars makes me think he has come of harm like you mentioned. I hope that is not true, but the chart does seem to indicate that to me. I am not so sure about recovery either, as there is a void 12th house moon at crises degree (though opp to Jupiter out of sign), Mercury unaspected, and Saturn in sinister sextile to Mars, a malefic influence here. Sun is also on his house cusp, detrimented, his 7th house of foes ruler, and in past opposition with Mars, showing some sort of possible danger for him. I think he is in your close neighborhood (next sign from the ASC over in the 1st), but is either injured or possibly worse than that. I wonder if he is or will be hit by a car (Mars is also 3rd house ruler and mutual bad reception there). Mars is technically not his 8th ruler, it is yours, but I still would think it is malefic here, especially opposing his ASC. Saturn is in his turned 8th too. He also does currently have Mars transit conjunction to his 8th house planets (Saturn/Sun), and transit Sun opposes, Sun being his 8th ruler. I hope I am wrong, and I wish you much luck in finding Crikey. :(

He may have been hit by a car and taken in by the pound (12th house Moon) to be put down. Have you called the pounds?

The charts have similarities apart from that critical moon which Tanit has covered and POF. Have you called vets and dog pounds? Please let us know.
Is Crikey black, like the cat?
POF in 6th, look NNW....12th house ESE, these are compass points. 6th is also police as public servants, have you called them?
4th house can show the ground the lost dog is on.. jup in pi in 6th, so look those up.

Re mars..it is radical 8th, rescources of others, maybe someone took him in and he has beome theirs? If that's the case I'd look at ven, due to m/r with sat and separating aspect showing recent contact. What sort of person would venus in aquarius in the 6th be?

Turned 8th is that unaspected mercury, so could be read as the dog's death is not active in this chart, since unaspected. Since there is an underlying worry about this, I feel it is justified to assign mercury here, giving you that critical moon which would certainly fit.
I also feel that unaspected mercury is a lack of communication.. holler it from the rooftops that the dog is missing, tell all neighbours, post signs, all that stuff... broadcast the message as it may not be getting through.

Now, I'm going to consider Pluto, sorry everyone : )
Not only is moon applying to satrun but pluto seems to be collecting the light of both planets. Can pluto bring you together? Can you post a reply on how that might play out in the chart? Just give it a go, to open up discussion in the spirit of the forum.

But, overall, I feel that Tanit covered it all, and the chart is not a happy one and that is why you haven't had as many replies as the cat. With so many references to 6th, I think you should call the police and other public servants.

Sunny wrote:Wonder why the wee cat got more responses than the this DOG question? maybe ......Horary astrologers prefer cats to dogs? :-T

I'm sure they don't! :D The other Question already has an answer and so the users are discussing the promise of the outcxome in the chart.

Now, I'm going to consider Pluto, sorry everyone : )
Not only is moon applying to satrun but pluto seems to be collecting the light of both planets. Can pluto bring you together?
I saw the chart this morning but didn't have time to post anything- this Pluto captured my atention too for all the reasons that you have already mentioned- being the connector of both planets, receiving the Moon's application accross the sign boundary....with the ruler of the dog being retrograde, inside the 1st and essentially strong, I would use this Moon-Pluto-Saturn combination as important too, though i have never used an outer planet like this before. It would be interesting to know as to what it might signify, i agree. I also wonder what L1 might be "doping" inside the 5th, does the situation include kids?

Hi Sunny
My heart bleeds for anyone who has a lost pet, so I'm also very sorry to hear about your situation. I'm sure your dreams are very meaningful but it doesn't sound like you've made much of a connection with this chart yourself.
The best way for you to start to understand what it means is to 'read the signification'. If the chart is descriptive you should be able to understand why you are being signified by Mercury in Capricorn in the 5th house, and why your dog is signified by Saturn. Does this make sense to you? Can you understand what it might mean that the Moon is crossing a sign boundary in the 12th house, whilst separating from the opposition of Neptune? Start with the little descriptive factors for the main significators. Finding lost pets needs intimate knowledge of the background to the question and the local environment, so you need the symbolism to 'speak' to you, and reading the signification is one of the best ways to get 'into' the chart.

Hello Pallas and Deb
Good to hear from you Pallas Athene -Yes I have called all the Vets in the area and the councils the RSPCA etc put him on lost and found web sites and notices every where ? I thought some one might have him too he is well trained affectionate, really good dog he a Beagle Border Collie Sharpay mix ?he is a black dog mainly
(like a Border Collie = the classic white socks, he has white chest up his neck n tip of tail and blaze down the front) A handsome - doggy beast.

Deb said understand why you are being signified by Mercury in Capricorn in the 5th house, and why your dog is signified by Saturn. Does this make sense to you?
So I have learnt that I am (as in the querant Virgo asc which is merc ruled) SO I am represented by Mercury and why is the dog Saturn ? Is it because its in the first house??? - Well it speaks of loss worry heavy with thought of the other even if it is a dog.

Personally the chart connects strongly with my natal chart the asc is 2 degree orb from my natal Pluto and the Desc of the chart is exact dgreee of my Saturn in pisces conjunct Chiron ? the MC 3 degree orb from my natal Jupiter which squares the Pluto sat opposition loosely. The Sun in this chart also falls on my Descendant ? I keep dreaming he comes home ? Several dreams ? The Moon in the 12th ? perhaps he is still alive and will come home as some times happens Yes I the 29th degree I have had to date four dreams he is coming home his front right leg is injured and he now uses 3 legs only.

Deb also said: Can you understand what it might mean that the Moon is crossing a sign boundary in the 12th house, whilst separating from the opposition of Neptune? An event of loss separation, but can be about faith and hope too. Crikey had natal Sun Nep Opposition ( 5 degree orb) . I?d like to know more about the significance of the 29th degree in horary. The separating aspect is self explanatory thanks for your thoughts ? much appreciated.

Deb also said: Can you understand what it might mean that the Moon is crossing a sign boundary in the 12th house, whilst separating from the opposition of Neptune? An event of loss separation, but can be about faith and hope too.
I think she is saying Neptune is more likely signifying water here. The 12th house is something hidden pretty well usually, as in the case with the missing cat under the stove. The opposition might show falling into water, which is probably why Deb mentioned that you should take your local area into account.

I have a hard time thinking that an exalted planet would have passed away at the time of the question though, because usually animals that have died are in worse shape, such as detriment. But he is retrograde, which is something you'd expect if he was in water, because he's moving around.

Keep us posted if you hear anything, please. And best of luck.

It has been 8 weeks since my much loved doggy vanished from our home - I contacted all the councils, vets, shops and put notices up everywhere = he is still missing, which breaks my heart not unlike losing a son
I have heard disturbing rumors that there is a dog fight ring/racket that steals dogs for this purpose there is a disproportionate amount of lost dog notices on the community notice boards around my area (rural) I truly hope that his fate was not this nasty
A setting Sunny xo

My heart goes out to you, Sunny. L1 is in the 5th shows that Crikey was as dear to you as a child. You being signified by Mercury peregrine and unaspected in Capricorn shows that you?ve done everything you can think of to find your dog and have run out of ideas. The chart doesn?t look good, as you have no doubt deduced by now. As PallasAthene says, that?s probably why you haven?t had a lot of replies. Also it?s a very interesting chart which often complicates matters. Anyway a couple of things I noticed that only confirm the unhappy complexion of the chart are:
- Crikey?s significator is in his (turned) 8th house, and
- Mars Rx, Lord of radical 8th, perfects the sextile to Saturn Rx L6 without reception in 4-5 degrees.

I am sorry for your loss. When our dog died 3 years ago, I was in mourning for a long while. I still miss her.

All the best,
Tara