Can assassinations be prevented? by Elsbeth Ebertin
translated by Jenn Zahrt PhD
A Guide to Interpreting The Great American Eclipse
by Wade Caves
The Astrology of Depression
by Judith Hill
Understanding the mean conjunctions of the Jupiter-Saturn cycle
by Benjamin Dykes
Understanding the zodiac: and why there really ARE 12 signs of the zodiac, not 13
by Deborah Houlding

Skyscript Astrology Forum

Should we go to Mexico with kids in Feb?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
elumen

Posted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 6:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Andrew,

Thank you very much for your very detailed and clear answer. Somehow I did not notice it until now. I am wondering about the house associations. A few questions to understand the issue better:

So you use 7th for partnership, and the 9th for legal marriage -- what teacher(s) is this based on? I remember reading (mostly in modern books on astrology) that 7th represents both legal aspects of marriage and partnerships in general --and the 5th -- the romantic interests.

When you do a romantic horary do you use 5th at all, or only the 7th?

if 7th represents a destination in a horary chart, if I'm asking a question about attending some event such as conference -- would 7th house represent it or the 3rd house is a better fit?
Andrew Bevan

Posted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Although it takes us slightly off-topic I think I should attempt to answer your questions and give it some space.
Quote:
So you use 7th for partnership, and the 9th for legal marriage -- what teacher(s) is this based on?

The question of house rulership may sometimes be a difficult one and is discussed by numerous authors in various books, but it is a problem that Olivia Barclay used to be particular with and she was always Lilly. However, my views are often based upon a synthesis of several and then I try to describe things with my own words.

The 7th house is for partnership and legal marriage, but the 9th house identifies the legal aspect of it. The 7th house shows the contract and agreement but the 9th house is the paper that it is written on. The 7th house is for partnership and love-affairs, yet the 5th house can be for love-affairs with a more limited perspective. 5th house affairs can be great but need to be explored at that level but don't necessarily provide the promise of being lifted to a partnership level. 7th house affairs do not have to be lasting but they still have a relationship focus. The 7th house is for bridges, while the 5th house is more for extensions.

Quote:
When you do a romantic horary do you use 5th at all, or only the 7th?

In a romantic horary look first to the 7th house and if not shown there, then look to the 5th. It is a bit like how, in any question, it is always possible to look to the 11th house for the fulfillment of hope and wishes. The 11th house always offers comfort or relief.

Quote:
if I'm asking a question about attending some event such as conference -- would 7th house represent it or the 3rd house is a better fit?

Your participation at a conference could be confirmed on several levels. I believe you would be looking for a positive application or a mutual reception between your significator and another that was related to either the 7th, 9th, 3rd, 10th or 11th. Try and keep an open mind on this question and the planet to which your significator is applying - that is where you're heading.

But hey - my opinion is not law - it's just a way of looking at it! Wink
elumen

Posted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 6:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you -- I was interested in your understanding and use of houses! I did not take it as a "law;" actually I do not follow the laws that closely :-) having my natal Sun in Aries in opposition to Uranus, the modern ruler of my chart! It seems that the opinions in this forum are strongly influenced by Lilly's writings and I'm very much open to learning, especially since the results seem to be refined and accurate, but for e.g. in case of Moon VOC, I am still considering it VOC if it would have to cross the sign boundary to perfect an aspect even if it is within an orb, in spite of the different opinions expressed on the matter.
cosmicdolphin

Posted: Mon May 17, 2010 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey

so what happened ? did you guys go?

curiously
CD
elumen

Posted: Mon May 17, 2010 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HI CD, sorry I forgot to put an update:

No we never went. After reflecting on the chart and responses I have gotten, I decided it was not a good thing for my kids. I'm still considering it on and off, but it is not going to happen any time soon.

Thanks everyone for their input!
cosmicdolphin

Posted: Sat May 22, 2010 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Elumen for an update!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Horary & Electional Astrology All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: