Which house represents internships?

Greetings astrologers;
I've been wondering what house to attribute internships to? It is a job but usually without pay (or with very little pay, in rare cases), for e.g, in case of doctors or psychologists in training, a job that is required to get licensed. Would you say it is still the 10th house matter? Or would you consider 9th house, if internship is required as a part of school training?

Many thanks!

Professional pursuits are always 10th. I have been an intern, and 10th always worked for me. I was paid, however. I think it would depend of the type of internship. If it is meant to teach specifically, as a training in an institution, it would be 9th. If it's a livelihood, 10th. Internships that are like fellowships, that are award-like, to me are definitely 10th because there is a level of accomplishment to get such a position.

On the other hand, the 6th is associated with apprenticeships which are a kind of internship are they not?

Even if you are a nanny or a maid (6th house areas), you wouldn't use the 6th house for a question on your job, would you? It's secondary, and more likely a significator you'd use if you were asking about your apprentice.

I have been just reading another thread on this issue. Actually I used 6th house for job related horaries, and it worked for me just fine. On many occasions, the Moon was in the 6th house applying to a conj. with a planet, when I asked "Will I get this job?" after an interview, and I got the job. In case of internships I was deciding between the 10th and the 9th. It seems like in my particular case (I'm a psychologist in training) the internship is required as a part of education, and is a training in itself, so it is a matter of 9th house. I lately started using 10th house for job related questions, b/c it is more common, but 6th house worked for me to. I feel it is the matter of intuitive association in many cases.

I agree, Elumen, and many horary astrologers throughout history used different sigs than each other and ended up with the correct answer. It's really up to the astrologer and how you form the question and assign sigs. The "correct" way is debatable, and we sometimes even change our techniques via experience. I just state my reasoning behind my own usages, but it's a matter of personal choice.

Hey guys

Tanit is right.. I would pick this as 10th house cause you take internship as part of learning experience in your field. Like pre-med students have to work in hospitals and not in law firms to earn credits.

so I would pick 10th and would pay attention to 9th cause it is part of learning

Be well everyone
CD